PDA

View Full Version : Abusive use of clientside savelines etc.. >:[

Chompy
12-13-2006, 03:42 PM
IMPORTANT, read message beneath this PHP Code!

I am reporting this script, someone I know showed me the script,
when I tested it, it takes all of your content on the server and saves into
your scriptfiles in your graal folder.

If any globals, (or Skyld) see this, please take action!

** Removed some part, so if someone copies this, it won't work! **

If any globals wants to see the script, post a post or
forum pm me, and I'll pm the script.

Twinny
12-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Well.. the chat says 'backup' but yeah... that is pretty bad x_x

I'm making a GUI-based backup system...but it only backs up what you have access to...

Chompy
12-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Well.. the chat says 'backup' but yeah... that is pretty bad x_x

There was a string array containing what to 'backup', its quite bad,
I seriously think Globals should take action, something like this
is perfect for stealing playerworlds, all you need is NPC Control and
rights to one wnpcs and its done =/

excaliber7388
12-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Neat idea, if it was made to only backup things you have access to.

Chompy
12-13-2006, 06:21 PM

That would be good, or a built-in backup with the rc..
That only the admin acct could manage, they who made it; I don't think they were aware of what the script could do, or some server-stealing guy stole/made it.. x_x

Twinny
12-13-2006, 06:28 PM

Of course. I'm waiting on the new Client-RC / NPC server to get started on this.
But i like the idea of it being inbuilt into Client-RC. Hell, this could be a seperate option. You have rights to edit this but you also have rights to backup anything starting with your name... i might work on that =p

Also, this would become much much easier if i just lay back and let Skyld do all the work and take all the credit =p. Anyone who knows me knows i'm pretty damn lazy.

Chris
12-13-2006, 07:10 PM
I think thats what the anti-graal noobies use when they want to backup a server's files to eventually distribute them.

coreys
12-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Just more proof that graal isn't as secure as we'd like. =(

Andy0687
12-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Good lord that version is VERY innefficient

Thats hardly abusive use anyways.

Releasing code that allows people to see how its used/mostly done is a poor choice.

People get many ways to steal things i dont see the big deal entirely this isnt new.

Chompy
12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Good lord that version is VERY innefficient

Thats hardly abusive use anyways.

Releasing code that allows people to see how its used/mostly done is a poor choice.

People get many ways to steal things i dont see the big deal entirely this isnt new.

The script loads an array containing all folders,
it can load gfx, levels, scripts, npcs, classes, all that is in the folder config,
all needed is npc control and access to one wnpc >_>

Andy0687
12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
The script loads an array containing all folders,
it can load gfx, levels, scripts, npcs, classes, all that is in the folder config,
all needed is npc control and access to one wnpc >_>

Whats your point exactily?

Its just a quicker version of what people with level4 RC will eventually do anyways.

Chompy
12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Whats your point exactily?

Its just a quicker version of what people with level4 RC will eventually do anyways.

The abusive is, this can be done as an NAT or something like that, not an admin
with level4 rc.. Also its auto, just a chat command, so its faster, but also more
abusive then an admin lvl4 rc, since its easier getting admin with level 4 rc on a server, then a NAT.. Thats the point..

Gambet
12-13-2006, 10:02 PM
What's the big deal exactly?

The same ways that it could be used for wrong, it could be used for right. It would save a server a butt load of time when it came to backing up files by simply doing this.

Besides, say someone does do this on your server and releases the content, so what? No other server can use it anyways, and if they do, you report it to the PWA and they'll have it removed.

Though, when you think about it, if everything you create becomes the proper of cyberjouers, then using other peoples scripts in another server wouldn't exactly be against any rules, since you arn't stealing anything from anyone, since you're simply using something that belongs to the game already in another place.

I love how the rules have so many loop holes, yet instead of the administration correcting them, they simply have a bunch of bozo's running around, enforcing rules that in themselves make very little sense.

Joey_Rox
12-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I am avoiding my ban to post this - my last forum account which I use for forum pming.. anyway. I be back in March btw.. calling your friend names is a 4 month ban.. quick tip =D

I made the script, me, being KuJi for Graal X. I later found over 150 versions of the scripts made to try going behind graal lines (all failed.. I think)

It only loads/saves ASCII - and whoever was using it must have gotten the script from else where.

And yeah, Stefan knows about it.

Oh yeah, I also plan to make a new version whichs backs up to the server.. though that can be abused too.. make a backup button in the admin panel then =p.. else I don't have 5 years to backup files for ONE DAY when I can do it in 15 min =D

Andy0687
12-13-2006, 10:26 PM
The abusive is, this can be done as an NAT or something like that, not an admin

Think about what you just said here and try to tell me how that translates into =>

since its easier getting admin with level 4 rc on a server, then a NAT.. Thats the point..

what does it matter at all then if in the end you get the content?

This isnt abuse its simply ease of use. If people are hiring people who can do this, thats a risk they have to take.

Also the first version was made by Silent, and is leagues more effective [looking at least] in the code (har joey).

Joey_Rox
12-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Also the first version was made by Silent, and is leagues more effective [looking at least] in the code (har joey).

Uh.. what?

contiga
12-13-2006, 11:10 PM
I also saw this script on Endora: Reborn (-System/Download), it's added by some noob I guess. Better get it off there, so not everything leeks out or so. There are plenty of insane RC-newbies on there.

Chris
12-13-2006, 11:18 PM
There are plenty of insane RC-newbies on there.

liek u ;)

Chompy
12-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Think about what you just said here and try to tell me how that translates into =>

what does it matter at all then if in the end you get the content?

This isnt abuse its simply ease of use. If people are hiring people who can do this, thats a risk they have to take.

opps :)

Btw, any mod can close the thread =o
Since it isn't like illegal to steal contents (as I got it by reading the posts.. :))

Gambet
12-13-2006, 11:43 PM
opps :)

Btw, any mod can close the thread =o
Since it isn't like illegal to steal contents (as I got it by reading the posts.. :))

It's illegal, I just don't see how you would be stealing the content if it belongs to Cyberjouers and you're using it on Cyberjouers. It would be stealing if you stold the content and used it elsewhere, which isn't possible since no other game supports GScript, obviously.

Chompy
12-13-2006, 11:45 PM
It's illegal, I just don't see how you would be stealing the content if it belongs to Cyberjouers and you're using it on Cyberjouers. It would be stealing if you stold the content and used it elsewhere, which isn't possible since no other game supports GScript, obviously.

Good point

Loakey_P2P
12-14-2006, 12:08 AM
im not even about to try and understand that script or anything but im wondering that if your all sitting here talking about how easy it is for people to steal stuff from playerworld's and how to do it . why are you supplying them with everything they need to know to do so ? im just curious on the ammount of ignorance here .

Gambet
12-14-2006, 12:13 AM
im not even about to try and understand that script or anything but im wondering that if your all sitting here talking about how easy it is for people to steal stuff from playerworld's and how to do it . why are you supplying them with everything they need to know to do so ? im just curious on the ammount of ignorance here .

It's not the complete script.

It doesn't matter if you know it's possible. Not everyone knows how to do it.

Yen
12-14-2006, 12:34 AM
If you think that's abusive.. Just wow. You'd hate to see what I can do with just one NPC.

Loakey_P2P
12-14-2006, 12:44 AM
well thats good gambet . i was just curious why people would make that kind of info public . im sure if people wanted to bad enough they would figure it tho.

Devil
12-14-2006, 12:48 AM
It's really no big deal.. for christ sake.

Gambet
12-14-2006, 01:32 AM
You could destroy the server with rights to one NPC. That's been known for a very long time, but you can't hire scripters if you arn't going to give them rights to any NPCs.

contiga
12-14-2006, 02:14 PM
You'd hate to see what I can do with just one NPC.
Nothing >_<

liek u ;)
Nah :cool:

HoudiniMan
12-14-2006, 03:21 PM

Read the rules, it says it's Cyberjouers property and they grant the uploading world usage rights; not everybody. We also actively remove copied content when reported to us.

Admins
12-14-2006, 03:47 PM
NPC rights are a problem yes, need to work on that.
To prevent simple copying it could be possible to restrict the script access similar like on the clientside (only access to the scriptfiles folder) and allow other folders in the folder config if you really need it.