PDA

View Full Version : Backpals

kron_gx
07-10-2001, 05:58 AM
Hey somebody knows how to desactive backpals when u are online?
cuz when i enter g2k1 and a backpal start i get a lot of LAG
i alredy try deleting the backpals of the carpet but nothing

Jerom
07-10-2001, 09:46 AM
Perhaps those backpals you are thinking of are just seteffects.

Those effects lagged my friend to the point where he could no longer move while on NewMain(so he quit Graal =().
You can disable DirecX7, that worked for me. Although since I no longer have a video card of any kind, i dont see any effects on Graal acccept normal backpals =\

If they are backpals, then you shouldn't lag because it's only a different color pics1.png so to speak. You can tell it's a backpal if only the tiles have been changed in color. If everything's that color, it's a seteffect.

Er1c
07-10-2001, 01:16 PM
If you lag from seteffect i bet your color setting is at 24 bit... change it to 16 bit for the best performance, or 32, never 24.

RawPower
07-10-2001, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Er1c
If you lag from seteffect i bet your color setting is at 24 bit... change it to 16 bit for the best performance, or 32, never 24.

I have two computers, one has working light effects, the other is total laggness, they are both the EXACT same type of computer, and both on same color settings and same video card. Doesnt that seem a little strange?

SkooL
07-10-2001, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by RawPower
I have two computers, one has working light effects, the other is total laggness, they are both the EXACT same type of computer, and both on same color settings and same video card. Doesnt that seem a little strange?
Damaged video card :(