PDA

View Full Version : Zone Radio

jkool666
12-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Idea originally told by Pooper.

A zone radio would be really nice. Staff can have a site with the music, take requests from players (nothing to offensive, staff listen to it first then play it). Have a command for all players like, /stopradio.

Anyone like it?

xAzerothx
12-13-2006, 04:40 AM

A zone radio would be really nice. Staff can have a site with the music, take requests from players (nothing to offensive, staff listen to it first then play it). Have a command for all players like, /stopradio.

Anyone like it?

A radio would be nice, any way to lag people up. :D If only my sound was working.

SayianOozaru
12-13-2006, 05:47 AM
I'm guessing that you got the "radio" idea from the Radio, on Zone? I had brought it up to stefan, a year or so ago, that it should be a way to switch thru "channels" and talk with other players, even if there on the opposite team, that are on the same channel. could be done by a special command, such as (/r -message-). but i guess a music type radio couldn't hurt. as long as good music was played. :p

Crono
12-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Music files are illegal to upload onto any Graal server so what you have to do is use a website to upload music to. You get the links and then use some scripting to have the uh npc stream the music file from the link.

In that way, it's legal and Graal doesn't really care what you play as long as it isn't breaking rules.

anubis_wing
12-13-2006, 06:00 PM
I liek the idear. It sunds vry gud

jonnyrocks2
12-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't mind heading it up. ^^

I was a radio host on Era long ago...LONG ago...( Doubt anyone remembers those times. )

And can we...Microphone it up a notch on that radio as well? xD!

jkool666
12-13-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm guessing that you got the "radio" idea from the Radio, on Zone?
Nah, see below.

Music files are illegal to upload onto any Graal server so what you have to do is use a website to upload music to. You get the links and then use some scripting to have the uh npc stream the music file from the link.

In that way, it's legal and Graal doesn't really care what you play as long as it isn't breaking rules.
Yeah, I didn't really know what would have to be done legally, but I guess you just sumed it all up for me :D

pooper200000
12-13-2006, 11:04 PM

Anyone like it?Yes I love that idea!!! your patience broke before mine!! :)

I'm guessing that you got the "radio" idea from the Radio, on Zone? I had brought it up to stefan, a year or so ago, that it should be a way to switch thru "channels" and talk with other players, even if there on the opposite team, that are on the same channel. could be done by a special command, such as (/r -message-). but i guess a music type radio couldn't hurt. as long as good music was played. :p
i did too.

In that way, it's legal and Graal doesn't really care what you play as long as it isn't breaking rules.they are why? I think the word your looking for is streamline radio?

Nah, see below.

Yeah, I didn't really know what would have to be done legally, but I guess you just sumed it all up for me :D

Ok folks. I talked to stefan about this and forgot to tell poor jesse. Stefan said blah blah blah something blah streamline radio because we don't need more blah blah blah. Sorry the thats all I rememebr if I see stefan ill check the history and look.