PDA

View Full Version : Ideas (here ya go Stefan) lol

Geovanie Legend
07-10-2001, 04:22 AM
Well i'm thinking and coming up with more ideas and figured i'd just post them here.

I realize that not everyone will like theese ideas but hopefully they help out some :)

1. Word list
- Simply put it's for those people who don't like to listen to others cuss and use fowl language. they simply add words to their word list and when someone says a word on the list in a pm/toall/etc. the word is replaced with *'s. Also handy for those parents who let their children play :)

2. More keydown events
make more keydown events for scripting so we can use more then just the default key's that way it's more flexible and we can program certain events to certain keys globaly instead of just on certain levels. like they could press O or CTRL+O and it does something. Sort of a nice idea for making a macro's list of things you most commonly say to people :)

3. warp player command
Only used for higher level RC's so when not on the RC and just playing the game they could use warp player account level x y to say like warp the person to jail or unstick the player when the unstick me feature fails, which it sometimes does.

4. SOP
SOP or Server Owners Program, a program designed for server owners to help them manage files such as guilds, server start message, etc. without the hassle of the ftp. Not really needed but would be handy in any case. hehe

Well that's pretty much it, i had other ideas but they got away from me, lol. bye for now everyone :)

Archeon
07-10-2001, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Geovanie Legend

1. Word list SWEAR FILTER

2. More keydown events

Stefan says no swear filter, he has rejected it many times..

and ctrl+o is a emoticon, in case you were smoking weed when you wrote this...
i think more programmable buttons would be good.
like that scripting command if button 1 held down or whatever
so that way you could have a room scripted with many cool things to do and not need to switch NPCws to do them all

for example boxing
you could have side step maneuvers...well just have 1 button for sidestepping would suck because you would always sidestep the the same side.

kyle0654
07-10-2001, 04:52 AM
1) I think a swear filter is a good idea...possibly could be implemented in the future, but already thought of.

2) We aren't getting more keydowns. Trust me, I've tried over and over again, then finally realized why Stefan doesn't want to, and most likely will never add more keydowns. Of course, the first reason is that he wants Graal to stay simple to play. If you had many keydowns, all the playerworlds would use different keys to do different things, and it'd be VERY confusing for the incoming newbie. Also, I'm sure he'd like Graal gamepad-compatible, and with that many keys, it'd be hard.

3) SIMPLE to script if you have some basic knowledge of server-side scripting.

4) Basically a spiffed up ftp program for Graal?

Milkdude99
07-10-2001, 05:11 AM
Sounds Like a Plan to me! [COLOR=red]

AlkarenHyralt
07-10-2001, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
[COLOR=red]

:confused:

Slaktmaster
07-10-2001, 06:15 AM
Those keydowns would be really nice to have though. And Kyle, notice N-Pulse is non-p2p so we can kiss server-side script godd bye! :(

<edit>Yay 300th post!</edit>

kyle0654
07-10-2001, 06:44 AM
It can still be done...

BocoC
07-10-2001, 08:01 AM
It can! First, you would need to make a system NPC.

if (created || playerenters) {
toweapons -system;
timeout=5;
}
if (timeout) {
CheckForWarp();
CheckForWhatever();
timeout=5;
}
function CheckForWarp() {
if (strequals(#a,#s(server.Warp_Account))) {
setlevel2 #s(server.Warp_Level),server.Warp_X,server.Warp_Y;
setstring server.Warp_Account,;
}
}

And, for the weapon to warp people there:

if (created || playerenters) {
toweapons -StaffPower;
}
if (playerchats && isweapon) {
if (startswith(warpplayer,#c)) {
tokenize #c;
if (tokenscount==4) { //warpplayer account x y - 4 tokens
setstring server.Warp_Account,#t(1);
server.Warp_X=#t(2);
server.Warp_Y=#t(3);
}
}

Now, there might be bugs in this code, but this is how to basically do this. =P Hope that helps.

Er1c
07-10-2001, 01:44 PM
The first extra key that keydown should support is W... that way we can make a menu for a player to select an S weapon or something along those lines.
After that numbers 0-9 should be added, for quick use of things in inventory, like potions (just an example, i know its from Diablo) or something... I use a gamepad for graal when i feel like PKing, but scince you always need to have the keyboard with you to talk to other people or whatever, gamepad compatablitly shouldnt be an argument for not adding new keys for keydown. Most successful multiplayer games have more then ~ 7 keys (other then directional keys)...

kyle0654
07-10-2001, 02:30 PM
*shrugs*
Stefan told me he's not adding more keys a while ago...

Cloud_X
07-10-2001, 08:14 PM
It would be nice if you could hotkey your weapons but, simple is good too

Knightoffrost
07-10-2001, 08:45 PM
SOP seems like a dumb idea, managing ftp is very easy

Geovanie Legend
07-11-2001, 04:42 AM
Yes using an ftp may be the simplest thing in the world to me and you but what about all the others. ever think about them?
Anyway it was just a though and i appriciate all of you posting your comments :)

Knightoffrost
07-11-2001, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Geovanie Legend
Yes using an ftp may be the simplest thing in the world to me and you but what about all the others. ever think about them?
Anyway it was just a though and i appriciate all of you posting your comments :)

True,True.. but learning ftp doesnt take to long at all... I know what you mean though..their should be a ftp based prog made just for graal..