PDA

View Full Version : Script sharing

excaliber7388
11-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Is there some way to allow other servers to use a script, without them being able to see the actual script or modify it?
If not, this would be a nice addition! :D

Twinny
11-28-2006, 08:52 AM
in player folder rights, add a -rw infront of the weapon name
eg.

-rw WEAPONS/Super/Secret

Of course that won't stop people who can edit their own folder rights

Andy0687
11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
in player folder rights, add a -rw infront of the weapon name
eg.

-rw WEAPONS/Super/Secret

Of course that won't stop people who can edit their own folder rights

I think he means uploading the script to another server, and them being unable to edit the script on their own server.

If my guess is the case, no there isnt, and no it wouldnt be a good addition :(

in the case you meant having a script on YOUR server no one can edit (which i dont think you did) then go by what Twinny said.

excaliber7388
11-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I was thinking allowing them to use the script, without being able to see the contents on their server. Almost like a gscript executable. It would allow developers who don't want people to know about their super secret scripts, but still share them with everyone.

Skyld
11-28-2006, 06:02 PM
I guess the closest you would get is compiling into bytecodes, which Graal is already doing when you upload a script. However modifications would have to be made in order to make it possible, and it would not be totally edit-proof.

excaliber7388
11-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I was hoping to use it for the computer script I made a while ago. I plan to add to it (as soon as I get a way to test gs2).

Gambet
11-28-2006, 10:02 PM
It's not possible, and it probably won't be made possible for security reasons.

Skyld
11-28-2006, 10:04 PM
It's not possible, and it probably won't be made possible for security reasons.
Possible it is, likely it isn't.

Gambet
11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Possible it is, likely it isn't.

I meant that it's not currently possible, not that it wouldn't be possible at all.

Sorry for the confusion.

excaliber7388
11-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Oh well, it couldn't hurt to open the door for open source ;)
After I clean up the script a bit, I'll release it. Maybe more people working on it will help me find ways to increase its possibilities.

ApothiX
11-30-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't imagine this happening any time soon. People would definitely abuse this by adding things like:

function onPlayerChats() {
if(player.account == "KewlDude78") {
GiveKewlItenz();
}
}

and the server using the script would be none the wiser.