PDA

View Full Version : Iricia Radio Support.

myth-simba
11-24-2006, 07:46 PM
You know how we have radios in our inventory but never actually use them as a weapon? It got me thinking why not have an npc use for it. You can use radios to call the dropship into parachuting your supplies such as ammunition and other assortments of goods however it is only 1 call per life. Each class can do diffferent calls such as Medics can call for health + ammo supplies. when the parachuted box lands press A to open and the whole team can restock but there is only a certain amount of product inside. Other classes can call for a construction kit which is basically a lot of boxes tightly packed together so you can make a quick defence post without waiting for boxes to spawn and so on. Heavy infantry can call airstrikes which would last about 30 seconds but only can target bases. Maybe a few unlockable calls too? Say if you overcome large achievements in battle like kill a certain number of players you unlock new call to use. I was thinking of a vehicle call.
You kill 5 players in 1 life you can ask for a mini mech. Kill 10 players in 1 life ask for a mech. Kill 15 players ask for a speeder? (flying hoverbike thingy)
it would add a lot more to the battlefield. Basically if you manage to get your hands on a vehicle it would give you a large advantage over the battlefield and give those other players something to try and get aswell. Vehicles would however be acct protected to prevent someone stealing your vehicle after you worked hard to get it. Those pilot wannabe players too would have to work hard in having the ability to fly around the battlefield. As iricia is a base capturing planet the flight ability would be defestating if your are defending a base so I think having this as an unlockable, but hard unlockable would prove very well. If you die however, you must get another 15 kills or so.

Also a lot of new calls could be created like mine strikes, the dropship deploys loads of prox mines in the area or maybe even fire a devestating laser at a base. I think it would be an improvement to today's typical shoot-em-up game.

pooper200000
11-24-2006, 07:49 PM
You know how we have radios in our inventory but never actually use them as a weapon? It got me thinking why not have an npc use for it. You can use radios to call the dropship into parachuting your supplies such as ammunition and other assortments of goods however it is only 1 call per life. Each class can do diffferent calls such as Medics can call for health + ammo supplies. when the parachuted box lands press A to open and the whole team can restock but there is only a certain amount of product inside. Other classes can call for a construction kit which is basically a lot of boxes tightly packed together so you can make a quick defence post without waiting for boxes to spawn and so on. Heavy infantry can call airstrikes which would last about 30 seconds but only can target bases. Maybe a few unlockable calls too? Say if you overcome large achievements in battle like kill a certain number of players you unlock new call to use. I was thinking of a vehicle call.
You kill 5 players in 1 life you can ask for a mini mech. Kill 10 players in 1 life ask for a mech. Kill 15 players ask for a speeder? (flying hoverbike thingy)
it would add a lot more to the battlefield. Basically if you manage to get your hands on a vehicle it would give you a large advantage over the battlefield and give those other players something to try and get aswell. Vehicles would however be acct protected to prevent someone stealing your vehicle after you worked hard to get it. Those pilot wannabe players too would have to work hard in having the ability to fly around the battlefield. As iricia is a base capturing planet the flight ability would be defestating if your are defending a base so I think having this as an unlockable, but hard unlockable would prove very well. If you die however, you must get another 15 kills or so.
:confused: sorry. I am extrmely confused you want to have a radio call npc's to heal you etc.? :confused:

hilary1612
11-24-2006, 09:23 PM
:confused: sorry. I am extrmely confused you want to have a radio call npc's to heal you etc.? :confused:

I think what he means is, the radio could be used to call the parachute to drop medical kits, healing items, stuff like that but you only have a limited supply, I dunno :asleep:

BTW, the airstrike idea might be used for laming people which is a bad idea x_x, how about only 3 airstrikes per team?

Sulukra
11-25-2006, 01:06 AM
I like the idea itself, but not some of the other ones.

For example, speeders were removed because they were too powerful (They can hover -and- shoot at the same time, I mean honestly.) and mechs might sort of kill off ground forces on Iricia - which is basically what the whole game is, really. Then theres the fact that all we need is even more boxes (Yay for sarcasm!). But, if it called in things like ammunition (Which is helpful) it'd be cool.

hilary1612
11-25-2006, 05:07 AM
I like the idea itself, but not some of the other ones.

For example, speeders were removed because they were too powerful (They can hover -and- shoot at the same time, I mean honestly.) and mechs might sort of kill off ground forces on Iricia - which is basically what the whole game is, really. Then theres the fact that all we need is even more boxes (Yay for sarcasm!). But, if it called in things like ammunition (Which is helpful) it'd be cool.

Speeders weren't that powerful mechs and tazebombs/beam/electron took them down easily x_x the only advantage speeders have is that they can hover, when they get hit by beam, electron etc. they're dead.

Sulukra
11-25-2006, 06:34 AM
Speeders weren't that powerful mechs and tazebombs/beam/electron took them down easily x_x the only advantage speeders have is that they can hover, when they get hit by beam, electron etc. they're dead.

The thing is, that speeders were hard to get to actually stay in one place. Even after you stopped them, they kept on moving forwards - and, if they were at a high enough speed before, you might not be able to catch them before they start working again. Mind you, tazebombs sure made it alot easier, but on Iricia - where most people play - theres no beam weapon.

Huwajux
11-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Isn't the radio used for team chat?

Crono
11-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Isn't the radio used for team chat?

yeah but i think on old zone you had to fire the radio weapon to make a team chat.

now you don't, though, so i dont see why it's there. :(

pooper200000
11-25-2006, 03:12 PM
The thing is, that speeders were hard to get to actually stay in one place. Even after you stopped them, they kept on moving forwards - and, if they were at a high enough speed before, you might not be able to catch them before they start working again. Mind you, tazebombs sure made it alot easier, but on Iricia - where most people play - theres no beam weapon.
I played when zone wars was around and I always went darkside because its always good when there is a speeder because even though they were hard to kill you generally got an extremely high bounty if you got them. I remember playing for a half an hour then buying taze bombs and 3 tazers usually killed them even when they were moving you just had tto get your aim right. I would get like 500 money and buy tons of tazers and then when I had to get off like 15 minutes later I would have like 1k money profit.
I like the idea itself, but not some of the other ones.(Yay for sarcasm!). But, if it called in things like ammunition (Which is helpful) it'd be cool.
fo ammuntion just go onto the portal to get to b1. You will either get more ammo or be transported and get more ammo.

myth-simba
11-25-2006, 11:10 PM
the commands when deployed will make a box of supplies parachute from the sky. They land in front of you and so on.

For vehicles its a bigger bix and pressing A on the box opens it and you can get into the vehicle.

The speeder is more effective for iricia then the mech although not more powerful. Why is it more ffective? you are suppose to be capturing bases. you could easily shoot people from a distance then land on the base, touch ground and fly off again. That is why the speeder is the hardest vehicle to get.

pooper200000
11-26-2006, 12:27 AM
the commands when deployed will make a box of supplies parachute from the sky. They land in front of you and so on.

For vehicles its a bigger bix and pressing A on the box opens it and you can get into the vehicle.

The speeder is more effective for iricia then the mech although not more powerful. Why is it more ffective? you are suppose to be capturing bases. you could easily shoot people from a distance then land on the base, touch ground and fly off again. That is why the speeder is the hardest vehicle to get.

thanks thats a good idea I guess sbut would it be a buyable radio would you buy the upgrade or? I don't think its fair just to give each team x amount of things because they will be used by all the noobs. That actually sounds like a lot fo fun. Good idea! ^^