PDA

View Full Version : Box invasion

Admins
11-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Yesterday the boxes have been modified to be destroyable and you can pick them up and place somewhere else to build a defence around your base.
Please say if you like it, if some aspects of it should be modified, or if you have problems with them.

dude2020
11-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Lol Stefan-The King of Boxs?

SayianOozaru
11-18-2006, 05:55 PM
:rolleyes:

someone had to say somethin stupid, huh? JOHN! ;)

i cant get on to play...****in aol dialup...****s ***...

so would anyone mind showing me (in screenies) what it is?

theHAWKER
11-18-2006, 06:55 PM
i cant seam to pick them up when ever i try it sets my gani to idle, the box goes back and i go invisable....

oh and i would like it more if they could be distroyed but not picked up because it compeatly changes the game play of zone :(

pooper200000
11-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Yesterday the boxes have been modified to be destroyable and you can pick them up and place somewhere else to build a defence around your base.
Please say if you like it, if some aspects of it should be modified, or if you have problems with them.

they are fun. They may become a hassle. I suggest either disallowing them inside bases or alowing a way to walk through some for a moment when in bases.

Admins
11-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Here is one screenshot of base one

Huwajux
11-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Here is one screenshot of base one
[email protected]"Wow you got a cool mark".

I was confused at first, until I read this thread of course. Looks pretty fun I guess. (I've sent you a PM, please read it)

RebelArbiter
11-18-2006, 11:40 PM
I made a fort with em. :D

hilary1612
11-19-2006, 01:51 AM
It's very annoying how some people are placing boxes and blocking entrances on purpose, and some of them place boxes around there teammates and purposely kill them, by blowing up the boxes.

MisterMastermind
11-19-2006, 01:54 AM
This **** needs fixed. Worst update yet stefan, a whole bunch of trial retards with the nickname "bob the builder" are abusing boxes to block their team mates in, then destroying them causing their team mates to receive damage. Have the respawn for boxes be at least 1-2 minutes after it's destroyed, and no more than 4-5 per base.

hilary1612
11-19-2006, 02:07 AM
Hm, shouldn't we be able to throw, pull and push the boxes?

pooper200000
11-19-2006, 02:11 AM
I like to go and explode them on the noobs who do that its fun. :D

MisterMastermind
11-19-2006, 04:21 AM
If storm riders put down a box, they should be able to walk over it, at poisoned walk speed, yet Sweep fleet can onyl destroy their way through, and vice versa.

Admins
11-19-2006, 04:57 AM
Hmmm will reduce the respawn rate and make them a little bit easier to destroy inside bunkers. The boxes can theoretically be modified so that they don't hurt team members when they explode, as long as the player who placed them is still online.

jkool666
11-19-2006, 08:55 AM
You also need to make it so when an ET blows them they don't hurt players near it.

Worst update yet stefan, a whole bunch of trial retards with the nickname "bob the builder" are abusing boxes to block their team mates in, then destroying them causing their team mates to receive damage.
Yeah, just more stuff I have to be a jerk about and tell people to stop doing :S. I agree with Typhoon, this will be abused.

MisterMastermind
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, just more stuff I have to be a jerk about and tell people to stop doing :S. I agree with Typhoon, this will be abused.
Though, what's even worse than that, is when you end up actually trying to use them as they're supposed to be used, and some retard claiming to be a traitor for the other team starts blowing them all up.

pooper200000
11-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Though, what's even worse than that, is when you end up actually trying to use them as they're supposed to be used, and some retard claiming to be a traitor for the other team starts blowing them all up.

I have a good pic of how they should be used. What do you think?

UnknownMasterMind
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I think these Boxes are Awsome! This is very Fun! Also, It prevents alot of things, they act as shields for laming, as in Poopers screenshot, I was laying them down around the Spawn Point...Although when they mortared it didnt work right....Kinda killed people faster! Rofl.

Well, I want to show some pics for no reason just to show how much fun I had! And we are getting more Players (Its has been higher than 40 all Week! 60 right now!)

Sincerely,
Unknown

dude2020
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
This is already been abused by (ppl i shall not name) to keep there teammates on the Drop place start thingy so that some noob with a motar on the other team can get easy kills by jsut firing one and no one notice it becuase ther to busy trying to get down

So Stefan im osrry to say this BUT this idea and update is infact useless very bad its abused to much

seanthien
11-19-2006, 07:39 PM
:rolleyes:

someone had to say somethin stupid, huh? JOHN! ;)

i cant get on to play...****in aol dialup...****s ***...

so would anyone mind showing me (in screenies) what it is?
Sayian you can get on with aol dial up :O How do you think i started out with and am stilling playing with? :[

This is already been abused by (ppl i shall not name) to keep there teammates on the Drop place start thingy so that some noob with a motar on the other team can get easy kills by jsut firing one and no one notice it becuase ther to busy trying to get down

So Stefan im osrry to say this BUT this idea and update is infact useless very bad its abused to much
Wow..this sucks so much that i agreee with john.. and that must REALY SUCK

SayianOozaru
11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
o i know i can get on lol. but people freezing for 10-15 secs every other minute isnt something i can deal with...cause i always end up dying, right when everyone unfreezes...theres always 4 walls of bullets commin for me...

hilary1612
11-19-2006, 09:14 PM
I think these Boxes are Awsome! This is very Fun! Also, It prevents alot of things, they act as shields for laming, as in Poopers screenshot, I was laying them down around the Spawn Point...Although when they mortared it didnt work right....Kinda killed people faster! Rofl.

Well, I want to show some pics for no reason just to show how much fun I had! And we are getting more Players (Its has been higher than 40 all Week! 60 right now!)

Sincerely,
Unknown

THere's 80 people on today and a whole lot of boxes xD

killer_dog10
11-19-2006, 10:22 PM
when we pick up boxes it should show the team that put it there that way team go though thier boxes and the other teams can go through their kinda like proxies. today somenoob try to push me into the barrels and had his friends block me their but that didnt work lol.

seanthien
11-20-2006, 07:53 PM
o i know i can get on lol. but people freezing for 10-15 secs every other minute isnt something i can deal with...cause i always end up dying, right when everyone unfreezes...theres always 4 walls of bullets commin for me...
*****!!
THere's 80 people on today and a whole lot of boxes xD

Yeh to many people..= uber laggage for me.. + These boxs are pretty ***.. Boing flew into a pile of them and i piped them and he died xDDD IT was funny.. 1 way of misuseing xD

Mark Sir Link
11-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Is it slightly possible for the Zone community to effectively communicate what to do to fix the boxes rather than immediately act ingrateful to getting an update altogether?

barkergaming
11-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I gotta say, the boxes entertain me, and i don't get abused by them very often, apart from being used as barriage..

Just my two cents
-Mike

Crono
11-21-2006, 02:37 AM
It's ok so far. I don't know how to really use them though. I press A on boxes and I can only carry a few.

Some annoyances:

If you pick up a box it should pick up the source of the box. I mean I press A on a box on base and another one kind of magically spawns on my hand? Also when you carry a box it has no snow but when you lay it down it does.

:(

pooper200000
11-21-2006, 02:38 AM
Is it slightly possible for the Zone community to effectively communicate what to do to fix the boxes rather than immediately act ingrateful to getting an update altogether?

Ill answer that for you. NO! We argue then complain at any update! then work as a community then we complain some more! :D How would you suggest? Obviously you think you know since you posted. Its biased because some players enjoy the boxes others don't so either way players will be mad so we cannont EFFECTIVELY work together as a community or sirs and misses. We immediatly act ungrateful because that is our odd way of getting things fixed and having some fun. Ok You majesty Mark SIr link The third? :mad:

It's ok so far. I don't know how to really use them though. I press A on boxes and I can only carry a few.

Some annoyances:

If you pick up a box it should pick up the source of the box. I mean I press A on a box on base and another one kind of magically spawns on my hand? Also when you carry a box it has no snow but when you lay it down it does.

:(

Only non snow covered ones can be carried. For the second paragraph: Yes we are cool like that. Because the snow is falling in a layer we can't see but shows up because the box doesn't move :D

MisterMastermind
11-21-2006, 03:49 AM
Only non snow covered ones can be carried. For the second paragraph: Yes we are cool like that. Because the snow is falling in a layer we can't see but shows up because the box doesn't move :D
Nah, a few of the ones in snow can too.

pooper200000
11-21-2006, 03:52 AM
Nah, a few of the ones in snow can too.

Whatever that was a plausible answer since very few with snow ar elike that.

someonesomewhere
11-21-2006, 04:29 AM
Balance the soawn for each base... I can understand why Base 1 would have 5 seperate boxes that spawn... but some of the other ones have 2, while others have 4. :(

Mark Sir Link
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
No, I merely suggest you guys constructively suggest how the boxes can be fixed, rather throwing around labels like retarded and stupid.

Instead of being satisfied and taking 30 seconds to type a brief list of how they can be fixed, you go on 3 minute rampages lambasting everyone that gets in your way - noobs who killed you with them, "retards" blocking you in your base, etc.

Huwajux
11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Also when you carry a box it has no snow but when you lay it down it does.
That is to distinguish between what boxes are the ones that you can pick up and the ones that have been layn down by another player.

MisterMastermind
11-21-2006, 11:59 PM
No, I merely suggest you guys constructively suggest how the boxes can be fixed, rather throwing around labels like retarded and stupid.
Find a title that describes people that do things to make others mad, especially when they do not benefit from it, and it hurts them as well.
Instead of being satisfied and taking 30 seconds to type a brief list of how they can be fixed, you go on 3 minute rampages lambasting everyone that gets in your way - noobs who killed you with them, "retards" blocking you in your base, etc.If you have noticed, it doesn't really matter about whatever we post here, seeing as 99% of it is never even responded to by Stefan.

Crono
11-22-2006, 02:05 AM
seeing as 99% of it is never even responded to by Stefan.

im pretty sure he still views it though

Mark Sir Link
11-22-2006, 03:24 AM
Find a title that describes people that do things to make others mad, especially when they do not benefit from it, and it hurts them as well.

You could
A.) Ignore them.
B.) Reference to them as people, considering that what they're doing may be done for pure pleasure - loosen up, we all find our fun differently on this game.

If you have noticed, it doesn't really matter about whatever we post here, seeing as 99% of it is never even responded to by Stefan.

Hugely inaccurate, I wish that Stefan was as active on Classic, another official GraalOnline server, as he is on Zone.

We're being neglected the most, not Zone players. He's probably most attentive to Zone of all the servers.