PDA

View Full Version : GraalEditor Pictures Not Showing Up

LeetKrew
11-16-2006, 03:58 AM
Oh boy, I feel like I'm spamming..

I made some PNGs and I posted them on my server and they work fine, I can see them very well, but I can't see them on my Offline GraalEditor.. do I have to register the PNG somehow?

Thanks.

Edit:
Here is what I'm experiencing online.
http://www.totaleeb.com/with.jpg

And here's offline:
http://www.totaleeb.com/without.jpg

Maniaman
11-16-2006, 04:02 AM
The GraalEditor does not support 24-bit pngs if I remember correctly.

LeetKrew
11-16-2006, 04:03 AM
How would I change them from 24 bit (in Photoshop). Do I need to get Paint Shop Pro Trial?

Crono
11-16-2006, 04:08 AM
Happens to me sometimes too. At times it works fine when I have the graphic and the level in the same folder.

maximus_asinus
11-16-2006, 04:12 AM
If the image works correctly online, there is no need to edit the bitsize.

This could be a script issue, is it possible for you to post the script? Is your server GS2 enabled?

zell12
11-16-2006, 04:18 AM
put them in the same folder as the levels mabey

HoudiniMan
11-16-2006, 07:31 AM
The graphic has to be either in the same folder as the level or in your graal/webgifs/ folder.

Joey_P2P
11-16-2006, 07:50 AM
or (and actually correct):

same folder - or in the filenamescache file.

Crono
11-16-2006, 03:30 PM

but the offline editor does not use the filenamescache does it?

HoudiniMan
11-16-2006, 03:34 PM

You can't add it to the filenamescache because it uses a checksum. However, if you add it to webgifs, the client checks for and adds new graphics. :noob:

And as far as the offline editor using the cache, not sure, but the webgifs? Most definitely, unless it was (for some unforseeable reason) removed.

Crono
11-16-2006, 03:43 PM
And as far as the offline editor using the cache, not sure, but the webgifs? Most definitely, unless it was (for some unforseeable reason) removed.

well the level editor hasn't been updated since like 1982 so yeah

im sure it goes for the directory the level is in first and then webgifs :O

or maybe wherever it was first opened in the npc editor but if you move the graphic you gotta re-direct the npc to it...

just some thoughts

Admins
11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Best is to put the levels and images into one folder and open the level via file explorer-double click. The level editor is using the filename cache, so disable that in the Graal options (F1 in the editor) if you are adding new files manually often.