PDA

View Full Version : scriptfiles on Macintosh

cbk1994
11-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Hello. I need to find out where the scriptfiles/ ends up on a Macintosh runnig v4?

Thanks,
Chris Zakuto
[Edit: It doesn't need to be scriptfiles, just whereever savelines goes to clientside!]

Skyld
11-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Hello. I need to find out where the scriptfiles/ ends up on a Macintosh runnig v4?

Thanks,
Chris Zakuto
[Edit: It doesn't need to be scriptfiles, just whereever savelines goes to clientside!]
Right, this is a rather interesting one.

scriptfiles/ is in a hidden directory called .graal in your home directory. Open Finder, select the "Go" menu and select "Go to Folder..."

Here, type in the following into the box: /Users/your username here/.graal/graal4 and you should find it there.

cbk1994
11-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Right, this is a rather interesting one.

scriptfiles/ is in a hidden directory called .graal in your home directory. Open Finder, select the "Go" menu and select "Go to Folder..."

Here, type in the following into the box: /Users/your username here/.graal/graal4 and you should find it there.

Thanks, Skyld.
Graal for Mac would be a lot worse without you!
Never would have found that.
Needed to know because if I try to use my Windows to back up Seilius into scriptfiles ... well .... it blows up :)

Thanks again
Chris Zakuto

Skyld
11-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks, Skyld.
Graal for Mac would be a lot worse without you!
Never would have found that.
Needed to know because if I try to use my Windows to back up Seilius into scriptfiles ... well .... it blows up :)

Thanks again
Chris Zakuto
Glad I can be of assistance.

I have been working on ways to move scriptfiles/levels/etc over to the ~/Library folder, but so far have been unsuccessful on making an automated way. :(

cbk1994
11-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Glad I can be of assistance.

I have been working on ways to move scriptfiles/levels/etc over to the ~/Library folder, but so far have been unsuccessful on making an automated way. :(
As far as automated goes, this could probably be done easily with AppleScript. It's just copying folders. I'm no expert, but I know it should be able to be done with AppleScript, I've never tried copying system (.*) files/folders, but I don't see why it can't be done.

Admins
11-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Isn't symbolic linking working? Like
ln -s ~/.graal/graal4 ~/Library/

Skyld
11-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Isn't symbolic linking working? Like
ln -s ~/.graal/graal4 ~/Library/
Yes, but I have been working on a shell script to move it all around or so.