PDA

View Full Version : You're going to hate this..

Rufus
11-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I suggest making guild owners require VIP to keep their guilds rather then just to make them, this would increase value of VIP, remove a lot of useless and dead guilds and narrow the guilds list down. Of course only the leader would require VIP.

I know what you're all going to say about it, but I think it could be better for the guilds and for the sales and the worth of VIP accounts.

This is just a suggestion..

Magadal
11-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I think its a good idea. It would, as you said, destory dead guilds and some people would upgrade their VIP status for it.

Darlene159
11-13-2006, 06:46 PM
totally agree.

nikomi946
11-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't particularly care of the idea of old dead guilds being recreated and having their reputations trashed.

Sam
11-13-2006, 07:00 PM
A good suggestion.

WanDaMan
11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
I suggest making guild owners require VIP to keep their guilds rather then just to make them, this would increase value of VIP, remove a lot of useless and dead guilds and narrow the guilds list down. Of course only the leader would require VIP.

I know what you're all going to say about it, but I think it could be better for the guilds and for the sales and the worth of VIP accounts.

This is just a suggestion..

>:O! TUX4LYFE?

Minoc
11-13-2006, 07:59 PM
I disagree, it would cause the death of too many old (and still active) guilds such as NBK, SM, SNC and Baddies.

Perhaps if it'd only be applied on newer guilds.. (since 2004/5)

Darlene159
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I disagree, it would cause the death of too many old (and still active) guilds such as NBK, SM, SNC and Baddies.

Perhaps if it'd only be applied on newer guilds.. (since 2004/5)If the leaders of those guilds cared enough, they could upgrade.

-Ching
11-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Bad bad idea, there's been popular active guilds going for 5 years, what happens to them if the leader cant afford VIP? the guild gets removed? or active families that have been goin for years and are part of Graal's history, they get removed too?

Stupid idea, I can understand a need to clear up all the useless guilds, but I dont think this is a good way of going about it.

If the leaders of those guilds cared enough, they could upgrade.

Bull****

Crono
11-13-2006, 08:03 PM

You're evil.

Sam

Or delegate power and rights to somebody else with VIP.

Crono
Or delegate power and rights to somebody else with VIP.

You're evil too.

Rufus
11-13-2006, 08:05 PM
You're evil too.

He's right though, plus VIP doesn't cost that much, if it's an old guild surely the leaders will have jobs anyway? :p

Crono
11-13-2006, 08:06 PM
He's right though, plus VIP doesn't cost that much, if it's an old guild surely the leaders will have jobs anyway? :p

You're right. So upgrade me to VIP. :rolleyes:

Rufus
11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
You're right. So upgrade me to VIP. :rolleyes:

You know, I sent Stefan a PM about that the other day, upgrading other people's accounts, never got a reply though.

Crono
11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
You know, I sent Stefan a PM about that the other day, upgrading other people's accounts, never got a reply though.

It's legal.

Rufus
11-13-2006, 08:10 PM
It's legal.

..but not possible unless I have their password.

Anyway, this is going off topic.

Crono
11-13-2006, 08:13 PM
..but not possible unless I have their password.

Anyway, this is going off topic.

It is legal. I can bring up old threads and such.

Off topic is not against the rules so I don't see the problem with going off topic. :)

Rufus
11-13-2006, 08:14 PM
It is legal. I can bring up old threads and such.

Off topic is not against the rules so I don't see the problem with going off topic. :)

Against the rules or not, I still want people to discuss the purpose of the thread really :\

PM me about this upgrading malarkie.

Minoc
11-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Most of the leaders are inactive.
Deleting these specific guilds would cause Graal much more harm than a few less VIP accounts.

Crono
11-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Against the rules or not, I still want people to discuss the purpose of the thread really :\

PM me about this upgrading malarkie.

I already said it's legal rofl.

Anyways, I don't like your idea.

Sam
11-13-2006, 08:17 PM
I can't believe it why people thinking they can get almost everything for free, or pay once and get lifetime game access, forum access and VIP advantages.

If the guild is old and their leader has no VIP anymore it should disabled and if it's not renewed in a given time it should get removed.

-Ching
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Most of the leaders are inactive.
Deleting these specific guilds would cause Graal much more harm than a few less VIP accounts.

I doubt people like Sam/Rufus/Darlene would understand this

Crono
11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
I can't believe it why people thinking they can get almost everything for free, or pay once and get lifetime game access, forum access and VIP advantages.

Do you think this game is that elite and good enough to charge for EVERYTHING? Specially a game that was once 100% free? You do realize many of us aren't really employed and those who are probably don't get payed much anyway?

You're right, this game is aimed for 13 year olds. Now do 13 year olds have enough money to throw around or access to different things?

Darlene159
11-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Do you think this game is that elite and good enough to charge for EVERYTHING? Specially a game that was once 100% free? You do realize many of us aren't really employed and those who are probably don't get payed much anyway?

You're right, this game is aimed for 13 year olds. Now do 13 year olds have enough money to throw around or access to different things?Lots of people yards need cleaned up. VIP doesn't cost much at all.

Rufus
11-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Lots of people yards need cleaned up. VIP doesn't cost much at all.

Currently I actually don't think it is worth the price.

Minoc
11-13-2006, 08:27 PM

If the guild is old and their leader has no VIP anymore it should disabled and if it's not renewed in a given time it should get removed.
The difference is that unlike forum and game access, guilds don't exist just for their leader.

Sam
11-13-2006, 08:37 PM

You're right, this game is aimed for 13 year olds. Now do 13 year olds have enough money to throw around or access to different things?

I know that, but thats not a reason for the company to be the Salvation Army and give things out for free.
Be happy you can post here unlimited around the clock for free. :D

The difference is that unlike forum and game access, guilds don't exist just for their leader.

Yes thats true, but the leader has the might to decide what happens with his guild, he can also charge tax from his members, or whatever.

-Ching
11-13-2006, 08:45 PM

Man I'm so glad you aint in charge of Graal, you'd kill it within weeks.

Sam
11-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Man I'm so glad you aint in charge of Graal, you'd kill it within weeks.

I don't think I need that long!

Crono
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Lots of people yards need cleaned up. VIP doesn't cost much at all.

Sorry we don't all live in America.

Be happy you can post here unlimited around the clock for free. :D

Trust me I am. :)

Darlene159
11-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Sorry we don't all live in America.

They only have yards in America? :confused:

Crono
11-13-2006, 09:19 PM
They only have yards in America? :confused:

Here in Sweden a lot of people live in like big apartment areas. But even yards are no where near as big as the ones in America. Not only that but no one really does the whole "TYM 2 CUT NEIGHBOURS YARDS LOL" thing.

Vulcan
11-13-2006, 10:16 PM
In theory, the idea is nice, but I think trying to implement it now would cause a few problems. Would the current guilds with non-VIP leaders have to be erased? If so, then many active guilds would fall apart because the leaders might be unwilling to upgrade or may not even play anymore.

Gambet
11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
If you want the number of guilds to drop beyond 80%, then sure.

I hate it when you and the other members of the administration say this.

Sure, we shouldn't get everything for free, but for us members that have been playing Graal for years now, almost growing up playing the game and continuing to play and support it, we should get rewarded for doing so.

Not to mention, we, the players, bring the business income, because the servers that the actual business provided have failed. Players upgrade to play servers created by other players.

So, since the players basically keep the game alive, we should be treated a lot better then you think we should be getting treated, Sam.

Sam
11-13-2006, 10:31 PM
I hate it when you and the other members of the administration say this.

Sure, we shouldn't get everything for free, but for us members that have been playing Graal for years now, almost growing up playing the game and continuing to play and support it, we should get rewarded for doing so.

Not to mention, we, the players, bring the business income, because the servers that the actual business provided have failed. Players upgrade to play servers created by other players.

So, since the players basically keep the game alive, we should be treated a lot better then you think we should be getting treated, Sam.

Okay I understand that, but dont think, I am somebody who's getting payed. In contrary, I am a p2p like many others, paying for my gold and VIP every year.

zell12
11-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Without the players, this game wouldn't exist. Show some respect "staff," especially the ones that were only here for a year or two and think they are hot **** and get free upgrades.

Crono
11-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Okay I understand that, but dont think, I am somebody who's getting payed. In contrary, I am a p2p like many others, paying for my gold and VIP every year.

You're also like 40 years old. I'm pretty sure you have a decent paying job and Graal is NOTHING for you.

Sam
11-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Without the players, this game wouldn't exist. Show some respect "staff," especially the ones that were only here for a year or two and think they are hot **** and get free upgrades.

I dont know any staff like that and in almost 4 years I play the game, I met only one high staff member being such a person. And this one was caught by me an globally banned. And as I know Jagen played this game more than one or two years.

Curt1zzle
11-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Good idea.

Baddies and NBK should be grandfathered in, though. ;o

pooper200000
11-13-2006, 11:52 PM

I object. My cousins don't have jobs and they only get money on christmas and birthdays and they each have 400 dollars in cash from 1 birthday. If they get that much they have plenty to throw around thats almost 10 times the amount needed.

Demisis_P2P
11-14-2006, 12:29 AM
I object. My cousins don't have jobs and they only get money on christmas and birthdays and they each have 400 dollars in cash from 1 birthday. If they get that much they have plenty to throw around thats almost 10 times the amount needed.
Yeah because you're not ever going to need to buy anything else if you have Graal. :rolleyes:

I think that Graal should stop being a lazy ****ing sack of ****, and instead of taking away existing features of the game and giving them to VIP they should create new features.
Also, they could stand to lower the price of their upgrades a little bit.
If a lot more people would upgrade at a lower price then it'd be possible for Graal to increase it's revenue by actually asking for less.

Crono
11-14-2006, 12:48 AM

Because they're RICH. :asleep:

not everyone is parented the same god

Damix2
11-14-2006, 01:46 AM
People are upset not because they have to pay, but because they are getting nothing for what they pay for. We get crap support, almost no updates, and a declining user base.

People feel like their money is going no where. Thas the problem.

pooper200000
11-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Because they're RICH. :asleep:

not everyone is parented the same god

i know. They aren't rich though. Its what they get from relatives. Its a relatively small family haha the puns. I usually get 600 though. My other cousins get 200 though thats still plent. ANother of my nonsense puns: Do you want some water with that ice!!?!?!? o what now fool! :DD

Devil
11-14-2006, 01:55 AM

Perhaps if it'd only be applied on newer guilds.. (since 2004/5)

You forgot about Legend.

MrAnonymous_P2P
11-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Perhaps instead of getting VIP you need a guild owner upgrade.

Something that only costs like 5$

pooper200000
11-14-2006, 03:21 AM
I see why he named his thread that now.... I think they should just charge what theyve been charging and add updates and maybe new guild options? Im not sure.

Infernix
11-14-2006, 03:42 AM
i know. They aren't rich though. Its what they get from relatives. Its a relatively small family haha the puns. I usually get 600 though. My other cousins get 200 though thats still plent. ANother of my nonsense puns: Do you want some water with that ice!!?!?!? o what now fool! :DD

My Aunt can barely afford to give me 10 dollars. Im sorry but not everyone is rich even some of out realtives.

Umm I dont like the idea, I dont make guilds and nor do I choose guilds but the fact is I see a lot of people who are goin to just ditch the entire guild system them. I dont think graal needs anymore people ditchin anything at the point in time.

Googi
11-14-2006, 04:26 AM
I suggest making guild owners require VIP to keep their guilds rather then just to make them

Not something that would make a whole lot of money, but it would make money. Good enough.

Tyhm
11-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Methinks if there ought to be a squeeze, it ought to be the low-traffic playerworlds. They're the ones hogging the bandwidth - but you can't ask them to pay their annual subscription, partly because you've already asked the entire staff to pay (which I take exception to, but that's another story), and partly because "They're content! We can't throw away content!"

This isn't a new problem. Say LordChimp was in charge of baddies, hypothetically. Say he decided not to send any money to France because it goes against his political ideology, to put it politely. Then what happens? Do we let his second in command pay on behalf of the guild? Does that make the second in command the leader? What about someone not even in the guild, can they pay? Do they become guild leader? What if nobody's allowed to pay For Chimpy, so Baddies is suspended? Does it fall to whoever's first in line with cash in hand to form the new Baddies guild, regardless of whether they were a former Baddies officer or if they just want to sit on the guild tag and make sure their own guild runs unopposed?

Same with playerworlds. If, I dunno, Tyne's in charge of Kharlia and doesn't pay (or bring enough players in to cover costs), is his server suspended? Can his LAT Admin register his own world and recycle the material he made for Kharlia onto Valkorlia? What if Tyne scrapes the money together a month later, is Valkorlia suspended?

Mo money, mo problems.

Crono
11-14-2006, 01:45 PM
People are upset not because they have to pay, but because they are getting nothing for what they pay for. We get crap support, almost no updates, and a declining user base.

People feel like their money is going no where. Thas the problem.

Woah your name isn't blue anymore. How stupid!

Supernanny I don't get anything from relatives as they don't even live in this country.

syltburk
11-14-2006, 10:19 PM
VERY VERY bad idea, like Minoc said the oldschool guilds will get deleted. Not to mention all familys,
stop with your dribbling talking Rufus, kthxbai

ryu_no_bishie
11-16-2006, 12:36 PM
i just want my VIP tags to work on all servers