PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac: New Conditioning Quest

Gambet
11-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Well, I just finished uploading my second quest, the Conditioning Quest, about 15 minutes ago. It's my second quest that I've uploaded this past week. The first quest being the Code quest which can be found in OSL, which isn't a very difficult quest, so I won't go into detail about that quest, just visit the NPC in OSL for more information.

Conditioning Quest:

Requirements:

Level 5 swimmimg level
(Read about my swimming system here:
http://www.zodiac-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=540)

At least 10,000 gold

The quest NPC can be found up the stairs to the room in the left of the house where you can create a guild. It's the house that is to the top of the cave that is to the left of OSL. Leave OSL, move left, and it's the only house with a chimney and two windows. When inside the house, go upstairs and go to the room in the left and talk to the Old Man.

text = "Greetings, " @ player.account @ "!" NL
"" NL
" I am the Zodiac Conditioner. All of my" NL
"quests deal with the players condition," NL
"thus why you need to be a conditioned" NL
"swimmer for this quest." NL
" I'm sorry for the short introduction," NL
"but I'm afraid I'm in dire need of" NL
"immediate assistance. My most treasured" NL
"possession, my Orb of Time, has been" NL
"stolen and confined in an isolated" NL
"island located in the far corners of" NL
"the map. A powerful warlock took it" NL
"from me while I was preparing dinner" NL
"for my family. I tried to fend him off" NL
"but his magical abilities overpowered" NL
"mines." NL
" The only positive thing about this" NL
"issue is that the Orb of Time was designed" NL
"to only work for those in my lineage. With" NL
"it, one has the power to control time." NL
" Although the Orb of Time cannot be" NL
"used by anyone outside of my lineage, time" NL
"itself will crumble if I don't get the" NL
"orb back, because I won't be able to" NL
"maintain a balance between time across" NL
"the world." NL
" And so this leads us to you. Because" NL
"of my inability to swim, I am unable to" NL
"retrieve the Orb of Time myself. I can," NL
"however, aid you in retrieving the orb for" NL
"me. If you choose to accept my cry for" NL
"help, I shall provide you with the" NL
"necessary tools required to obtain the" NL
"orb. So, before you make your decision," NL
"allow me to explain exactly what you will" NL
"need to do to retrieve the orb." NL
" Synopsis" NL
" For starters, should you accept my" NL
"mission, I shall retain all of your gold" NL
"as collateral, to prevent you from keeping" NL
"the materials that I am going to loan you" NL
"so that you can retrieve the orb for me." NL
"When you bring the orb back to me, I will" NL
"return every last piece of gold back to you," NL
"and I will also teach you a skill that will" NL
"help you tremendously in battle." NL
" Should you fail the quest or should" NL
"you decide that the quest is too hard for" NL
"you to accomplish right away, I will gladly" NL
"take back my items and return your gold to" NL
"you if you simply say:" NL
" /claim gold" NL
"Please take note that you will not be able" NL
"to take back your gold while in the middle" NL
"of the quest." NL
"" NL
" Now with that out of the way, lets get" NL
"on to what you will need to do. The Orb of" NL
"Time is located in an island on the far right" NL
"corner of the map. I will mark the spot for" NL
"you in the map should you choose to accept" NL
"my request. In order to enter the island," NL
"you must dispel the magical force that keeps" NL
"the doors tightly shut, so that you the" NL
"doors can open, allowing you to enter." NL
"While inside the island, you must grab the" NL
"orb and get out immediately, for my" NL
"magical spell can only hold the door" NL
"open for some time. In order to dispel the" NL
"magical force, you must play the song" NL
"that was passed down to me by my" NL
"ancestors on the instrument that I will" NL
"provide you. The song goes as follows," NL
"I advise you to write down the notes so" NL
"that you don't forget them while in the" NL
"middle of the quest, because if you do," NL
"you will not be able to gain access into" NL
"the island." NL
" Dispersing Song of Illusion:" NL
"up,down,left,right,up,down,left,up,down," NL
"left,right,down,left,up,down,left,right," NL
"up,down,left,up,down,left,right,down," NL
"left,up" NL
" Tap those keys with your directional" NL
"pad, while having my special instrument" NL
"equipped, and you will dispel the" NL
"magical force blocking passage into the" NL
"island. You will only be able to play" NL
"this song while in the island." NL
"Dispel the magical force, retrieve the orb" NL
"and bring it back to me, and I will" NL
"reward you." NL
" Now, as you probably figured, there" NL
"is a catch. The warlock keeps close" NL
"surveillance on the island, and he" NL
"will destroy anything and anyone that" NL
"steps inside his island. I can project" NL
"a false image of the island into the" NL
"mind of the warlock for only 1.50 minutes" NL
"before the magic will ware off and" NL
"the warlock will see into our plan" NL
"and kill you. So, you must complete" NL
"this quest in under two minutes, or" NL
"you will die and time as we know it" NL
"will cease to exist." NL
" I have my utter most faith in you" NL
"and your abilities. So I plead you" NL
"to please retrieve the orb for me," NL
"or Zodiac may never be the same!";

There are two prizes, and your type of class will determine which prize you get. The prize is very much worth it (:

Enjoy :D

smirt362
11-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Interesting...
Quick question...do you have to do the quest per character slot? And if not, is the character you initially did it on the only one to get the reward or can everyone share in it with each character getting their specific prize?

And if you're going to make people swim to level 5 at least make how long you need to swim to get to the next level more exponential while still keeping the total distance you need to swim the same instead of needing 2000 and then 4000 all the way up to level 16.

Gambet
11-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Interesting...
Quick question...do you have to do the quest per character slot? And if not, is the character you initially did it on the only one to get the reward or can everyone share in it with each character getting their specific prize?

And if you're going to make people swim to level 5 at least make how long you need to swim to get to the next level more exponential while still keeping the total distance you need to swim the same instead of needing 2000 and then 4000 all the way up to level 16.

I updated the swimming formula just now to:

(swim level * (swim level / 2)) * 500 + 2000;

Also, once you do the quest once, you can receive the prize on any of your other slots by speaking to the Old Man. So as long as you've done it at least once, you'll get the prize on each slot by speaking to the Old Man again.

smirt362
11-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Apparently thats not working...speaking to him with other slots.

Also it takes you 3 times the distance to get the first level than to get the second level.

To get to Level 1
1 x (1 / 2) x 500 + 2000 = 2250 - 0 = 2250

To get to Level 2
2 x (2 / 2) x 500 + 2000 = 3000 - 2250 = 750

And if I'm correct I think level 5 would take you 2 1/2 hours to achieve...starting from level 0.

Gambet
11-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Apparently thats not working...speaking to him with other slots.

Should work now.

StrykerTFFD
11-11-2006, 08:51 AM
There are two prizes, and your type of class will determine which prize you get. The prize is very much worth it (:

HP Regen for Warrior types, MP regen for mage types. Not worth it. At all. Ever. Fix the swimming system so it's not so boring and maybe, MAYBE it's worth it. I logged onto Zodiac to see what's new, tried to get level 1 swimming and got bored after 3 seconds. Just stop.

Enjoy :D

No. You fail again. Tell me though. Why give everyone regen, something Monks already have? I'm part Monk for almost that reason alone and this looks like a quest with no purpose for me.

Gambet
11-11-2006, 09:20 AM
HP Regen for Warrior types, MP regen for mage types. Not worth it. At all. Ever. Fix the swimming system so it's not so boring and maybe, MAYBE it's worth it. I logged onto Zodiac to see what's new, tried to get level 1 swimming and got bored after 3 seconds. Just stop.

Not worth it?

The level of regeneration is much more than that of the Monks. Not to mention it increases your HP/MP substantially while sitting down every 5 seconds. It heals you some while moving about and being active, but not much to prevent an unbalance, but it's way better than Discipline.

Not to mention the MP one helps against the MP drain skill.

StrykerTFFD
11-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Totally dodged my point of getting pointless regen isn't worth the whole having to get level 5 swimming. And as for MP regen, mages don't really need it. Heck, Dark Knights get the MP condition and they have Siphon and Absorb. Pointless.

Crono
11-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't know about you guys but I -hate- Zodiac now. I used my last creset so I could do 10 warrior 10 thief and rest assassin (since new skills finally came out) and the level up thing isn't very clear and you can't move the window so you can actually SEE your levels. so I accidently wound up with 11 thief skills (the level up gui has like Classname Level and it said Thief 10. Now I thought if i click Thief 10 it would MAKE MY LEVEL 10 but instead it was simply showing that I was thief 10 and leveled me up to 11). So yeah.

Anyway nice try.

Gambet
11-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Totally dodged my point of getting pointless regen isn't worth the whole having to get level 5 swimming. And as for MP regen, mages don't really need it. Heck, Dark Knights get the MP condition and they have Siphon and Absorb. Pointless.

Dark Knights are more than likely going to get nerfed along with Monk-type classes. You base your arguments on the top classes that need nerfing. I havn't tested these classes, but I do know that these skills will definitely help those classes that arn't as strong, since I've tested it with them.

I don't know about you guys but I -hate- Zodiac now. I used my last creset so I could do 10 warrior 10 thief and rest assassin (since new skills finally came out) and the level up thing isn't very clear and you can't move the window so you can actually SEE your levels. so I accidently wound up with 11 thief skills (the level up gui has like Classname Level and it said Thief 10. Now I thought if i click Thief 10 it would MAKE MY LEVEL 10 but instead it was simply showing that I was thief 10 and leveled me up to 11). So yeah.

Anyway nice try.

Um, it's very clear. It shows in parenthesis how many levels you have for a certain class.

Besides, that has nothing to do with the topic, and I didn't make the thing. Complaining to me about it won't help since you'd be complaining to the wrong person.

Talk to Yen about it. ^^

xXziroXx
11-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Player: "Omg I need help!"
Staff x1: "Sorry, not my department. Talk to <name> instead."

Bah, that is wrong. If you are a part of the staff team, and a player comes to you for help - it is YOUR responibility to take it up with someone who CAN help with it.

Gambet
11-11-2006, 06:35 PM

Bah, that is wrong. If you are a part of the staff team, and a player comes to you for help - it is YOUR responibility to take it up with someone who CAN help with it.

There is nothing wrong with the class reset system, so if he wants to suggest something, then he should take it up with Yen.

There is no problem for me to report.

xXziroXx
11-11-2006, 06:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with the class reset system, so if he wants to suggest something, then he should take it up with Yen.

There is no problem for me to report.

Wasnt really talking about this time, but I see it happen too many times.

smirt362
11-11-2006, 08:36 PM

Oh the good ol days *sigh*

Crono
11-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Um, it's very clear. It shows in parenthesis how many levels you have for a certain class.

Yeah but like I said I thought it was showing what you're leveling TO.

Besides, that has nothing to do with the topic, and I didn't make the thing. Complaining to me about it won't help since you'd be complaining to the wrong person.

I know but I wanted to get that out incase someone who can help me reads this. I already wasted 2 cresets going from full thief and then back to assassin when realising thief was a waste (I couldnt actually find any treasures in BD) so yeah...:\

MisterMastermind
11-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Yeah but like I said I thought it was showing what you're leveling TO.

I know but I wanted to get that out incase someone who can help me reads this. I already wasted 2 cresets going from full thief and then back to assassin when realising thief was a waste (I couldnt actually find any treasures in BD) so yeah...:\
Imagine how I feel when I realize Agility at lvl 16 thief does almost NOTHING for bows, when I centered my build around that. Bummer, eh?

xXziroXx
11-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Imagine how I feel when I realize Agility at lvl 16 thief does almost NOTHING for bows, when I centered my build around that. Bummer, eh?

Sounds like Maloria.

Googi
11-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Everybody realized that leveling up their swimming was a waste of time, turning Gambet's system into a joke, so he made a quest to get them to use it.

Gambet
11-12-2006, 05:20 AM
Everybody realized that leveling up their swimming was a waste of time, turning Gambet's system into a joke, so he made a quest to get them to use it.

It doesn't turn my system into a joke. Swimming isn't finished yet, since now that we have my central system, we can break off and do a bunch of things with it, like this quest for starters, and we can make swimming skills and so forth.

Don't try to ramble on with such blunt remarks trying to tell others my purpose for making this quest when you arn't even remotely accurate.

You arn't funny, it's just plain immaturity.

_Z3phyr_
11-12-2006, 05:43 AM
The way I saw it the one time I went on there due to extreme boredom a while back was that they did it to prevent me from reaching the other islands so that the image of a "limited" world GMap is kept.

Lord Sephiroth
11-12-2006, 07:51 AM
I like the part where the guys with all these great and fantastic powers for some reason can't swim for longer than 5 minutes

Gambet
11-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I like the part where the guys with all these great and fantastic powers for some reason can't swim for longer than 5 minutes

He can't swim, period. Everything has a weakness.

smirt362
11-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Why couldn't he of frozen or slowed time since he is in control of an object that can control time.

Crono
11-12-2006, 10:34 AM
If someone would fix my thingy I would enjoy this quest + swimming :cry:

Lord Sephiroth
11-13-2006, 07:14 AM
He can't swim, period. Everything has a weakness.

It just doesn't make sense. "Look at me I can disapear and shoot lightning out of my hands and shake the earth beneath you but don't put me in water I might die"?

Devil
11-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Meh, something to make the kiddies excited for all of 1.3 seconds.

Gambet
11-13-2006, 07:18 AM
It just doesn't make sense. "Look at me I can disapear and shoot fire out of my hands but don't put me near water I might die"?

I never mentioned that he could disappear and shoot fire out of his hands, and if he could shoot fire out of his hands then him being weak to water would make perfect sense. You should choose your examples a little better. >_<

He doesn't have to be vulnerable to water, I guess, but he just can't swim because he hasn't found reason to learn how to swim. He's too old and disinterested to learn now :frown:

Lord Sephiroth
11-13-2006, 07:19 AM
I never mentioned that he could disappear and shoot fire out of his hands, and if he could shoot fire out of his hands then him being weak to water would make perfect sense. You should choose your examples a little better. >_<

He doesn't have to be vulnerable to water, I guess, but he just can't swim because he hasn't found reason to learn how to swim. He's too old and disinterested to learn now :frown:

You didn't give me time to edit my response before you were jumping down my throat.

Plus I SENSE PLOT HOLES, A CHALLENGER APPEARS.

Plus x2 Holy **** Post #600 woot.

papajchris
11-13-2006, 02:23 PM
alright, someone said something about limiting the gmap, that is false. As a level one i could go everywhere, you just have to stop on the random islands and posts in the seas. Some people are saying its a waste of time because its boring, how can it be fun? Besides that look at the swatter on Babylon, all you do is swing a swatting thing.... and that is fun when your bored. Swimming is something you do in your spare time.

Yen
11-13-2006, 09:02 PM
If someone would fix my thingy I would enjoy this quest + swimming :cry:

I'll fix your thingy with my thingy fixer.

Crono
11-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I'll fix your thingy with my thingy fixer.

odear

Zenom
12-02-2006, 09:29 PM
hey btw now that monks have 2 regeneration skills there barely stoppable during pking. they regenerate too fast. at about 1k hp every 10 seconds its not rly that fair unless u have more than 1 person fighting with you. either give monks mp regen so they can pull off more skills more often or remove the quest

Devil
12-03-2006, 02:51 AM
hey btw now that monks have 2 regeneration skills there barely stoppable during pking. they regenerate too fast. at about 1k hp every 10 seconds its not rly that fair unless u have more than 1 person fighting with you. either give monks mp regen so they can pull off more skills more often or remove the quest

Complain on Zodiac forums.