PDA

View Full Version : Merge battles into one.(strategy)

myth-simba
11-11-2006, 01:25 AM
This would chasnge zone completely but would encourage the best warfare zone has ever seen and close teamwork.
Scenario + gameplay
As you enter server you choose a team. (two max)
At start of the game you will see you are in a dropship with all your teammates and you will see a map. This map has two dropship icons
(one icon being your dropship) and the planets. Your dropship you see is over a planet and the enemy dropship is over one aswell. Under each planet is a team logo too. This indicates if the planet is yours or your enemys.

Planets are split evenly and the teams take turns to move the dropship around the galaxy. (players vote a leader at voting booth. new leader elected every 5 turns) To invade a planet you must have an enemy dropship icon on that planet. When an invasion takes place a game round of whatever planet was invaded begins. example. (if teams fight over iricia then an iricia game is started) Planets without fleets over would instantky be captured without force but however each battle a team will gain points. The leader can spend the points on new things for the team such as an extra dropship, team bonuses such as (extra health for all team mates) and so on which last 1 turn. planet which captures all current planets wins (excluding spar or deathmatch planets)

Player roles
There is a maximum player count for those who can enter a planet at a time. Those who cannot enter the planet due to too many allies will remain on dropship. Instead these players will engage the enemy dropship in space by boarding a spaceship and dogfighting players, sabotaging inside of dropship and so on. Damage the warp beam which would delay player spawning on the planets and so on. The maximum players that can board a planet is up to the staff members but the more dropships you have attacking a planet the more men you can have on a planet at a time. However only 1 dropship can move per turn. If leader is too slow to make a turn i.e afk the 2nd in command can make the turn instead.:)

Space
You can freely roam space in a space fighter and fight enemy shiops and dropships. Mother dropships (starting ship) cannot be destroyed but the dropships you purchase in shops would be destroyed if the crew lost a planetary battle or had all main systems inside destroyed in a space battle.

Mother dropships cannot be destroyed and if defeated in a space battle by having all main systems destroyed or the planetary invasion failed the ship will be knocked back by two planet spaces on the map. fighters cannot board planets as the atmosphere surrounding them is too strong. However they can board other dropships. Save up your team credits and make a fleet of dropships to aid your motherdropship in space battles while you send a massive attack force onto the planet below.

This would make each battle count and give you a reason to invade and even defend battles. Encourage great teamwork too. And since I am sure this would be lots of fun Zone would boost in numbers to get enough players to fill all slots the server has to offer.
Thank you for taking the time to read this long post.

KuJi
11-11-2006, 01:27 AM
lol is all I can say.

pooper200000
11-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Im just going to say a few things
1. Why would there be a max player limit?
2. Do you even play zone?
3. This would be great for another world but it would change zone into more of a GK type place and I hate roleplaying.

myth-simba
11-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Im just going to say a few things
1. Why would there be a max player limit?
2. Do you even play zone?
3. This would be great for another world but it would change zone into more of a GK type place and I hate roleplaying.

1. so space and land battle evened. if everyone on planet then enemy can destroy dropship and win easily. same as if everyone in space. then you take all command posts and things on planet.

2. yes I play zone.

3. It wouldn't involve rping in any way. it would involve teamwork and objectives like defending planet and so on but would actually give impacts in wins and losses of battles.

pooper200000
11-12-2006, 12:37 AM
1. so space and land battle evened. if everyone on planet then enemy can destroy dropship and win easily. same as if everyone in space. then you take all command posts and things on planet.

2. yes I play zone.

3. It wouldn't involve rping in any way. it would involve teamwork and objectives like defending planet and so on but would actually give impacts in wins and losses of battles.

it would be a heck of a lot of work for something most of us probal wouldn't like. Meds would defeat the purpose of the dropship damage.
Are you even good at zone I have never seen you play.
THere is no need for teamwork on zone the point is to pk. Impacts to wins and losses by wha their still wouldn't be any penalty.

myth-simba
11-12-2006, 02:00 AM
it would be a heck of a lot of work for something most of us probal wouldn't like. Meds would defeat the purpose of the dropship damage.
Are you even good at zone I have never seen you play.
THere is no need for teamwork on zone the point is to pk. Impacts to wins and losses by wha their still wouldn't be any penalty.

You've missed the whole concept of the thing.
everyone loves iricia. It would turn the planets into one big iricia game taking planets one by one battling for them all. I think it would be a lot better than running around pointlessly with a gun. Era is the place to do that and i'm sure most would agree.

pooper200000
11-12-2006, 04:10 AM
You've missed the whole concept of the thing.
everyone loves iricia. It would turn the planets into one big iricia game taking planets one by one battling for them all. I think it would be a lot better than running around pointlessly with a gun. Era is the place to do that and i'm sure most would agree.

I don't know. I would rather choose the planets at my chice not by which ones are left to win :( Era has businesses and a trade system. Zone has neither it entirely a pk server.

seanthien
11-13-2006, 01:22 AM
ERA Is just **** im standing there makeing money and some idiot comes and pks me =\ zone is you dont get lamed as easy The whole thing is a bad idea.Well thats what i think.

Dante55555
11-13-2006, 01:56 AM
Im all for Role Playing. Infact i love it. But to be honest. I cant be assed reading you suggestion because i know it wont be admited like EVERY idea isn't.. I dont even know why we have a dam forum. No staff ever goes "WOW THATS A GOOD IDEA! LETS MAKE IT!" Let alone they barely even read it.

Probly a good idea however.. I like RPing, i wish Zone was more RP. Accept with all the leveling up and stuff. That sucks.

dude2020
11-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Probly a good idea however.. I like RPing, i wish Zone was more RP. Accept with all the leveling up and stuff. That sucks.Sayian made a thread about RPG go relive that if you want to talk about that again

This idea has been suggested try looking in the Infomation section in the zone forums

seanthien
11-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Sayian made a thread about RPG go relive that if you want to talk about that again

This idea has been suggested try looking in the Infomation section in the zone forums

John shut up :[ You Nubbie Legend ;-; I will own you on zone again as soon as sayian makes xmas weps and they come out :[