PDA

View Full Version : My lag (My computer)

killer_dog10
11-09-2006, 03:44 AM
Ok I have 512 mb of ram(downclocked to 133MHz from 200Mhz) and a 1050MHz processor (1600+Athlon A socket) also I tried to change the core muiltilier from 10.5 to 10 and bring up the ram to 166MHz to make a cpu-ram ratio to 6to1 but I found out today all the stuff is locked!! Not sure why but I used to play zone on my old laptop without lag and it had a 500Mhz intel with 512MB ddr(166MHz) and it ran on 1024 something but I can't even get this desktop up to 800*600 I would guess around 500 by 400 or smaller to run without lag.

Any ideals to help me out?? I'm looking into how to flash my bios to get more range with the timing and the best part is this mobo says it can run ram up to 166Mhz

Other then that I guess i'll have to buy a card any ideal what I should do?? If I do get a Video card I going to need a stronger PSU to safely handle it.

Any ideals would help alot ^^

I do have a computer thats my gaming rig but I'm not allowed to connect it to the internet >_< I'm such a noob

zell12
11-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Why do you have a "gaming computer" that isn't allowed to connect to the internet? Seems kind of... stupid?

killer_dog10
11-12-2006, 07:52 PM
k7vm3 arock mobo with 512Mb kingston value ram max settings ddr400 3200
screen rez 800*600 Norton anti-virus(combo thing) that norton only uses like 10% cpu at the most but I bet it uses alot of ram... so does Windows xp home which it self uses like about 380 mb of ram the computer says i have 120 mb left so that be about the recommended stuff.

My gaming rig needs a new PSU and I'll get one around the holidays with a new video card while there on sale.

Crono
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM
what video card...

maximus_asinus
11-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I'd dump the machine, you need more RAM (Windows and Norton are resource hogs. Toss Graal into the mix and you have a recipe for disaster), and a better processor (and motherboard probably) to eliminate bottlenecking. It would cost less buying a newer computer.

Really I'd sell that PC, and try to put enough money together for a video card, and a good processor (I was looking at one that had a core for video processing only, which would seriously improve the functionality of my video card).

killer_dog10
11-13-2006, 01:33 AM
what video card...

A X800GTO just because it's a agp*8 I still kick myself for buying a mobo with AGP*8

I'd dump the machine, you need more RAM (Windows and Norton are resource hogs. Toss Graal into the mix and you have a recipe for disaster), and a better processor (and motherboard probably) to eliminate bottlenecking. It would cost less buying a newer computer.

Really I'd sell that PC, and try to put enough money together for a video card, and a good processor (I was looking at one that had a core for video processing only, which would seriously improve the functionality of my video card).
this is my family's computer :cry: anyways i'll make a new computer in 2-3 years and do it right. I guess i can spend about 800-1000 dallors on a new system that can play all games

PS:just found out how to muil-quote

Admins
11-13-2006, 01:47 AM
It should be far enough for playing Zone. What graphics card do you have on your 1600+ Athlon ? Have you tried to install the latest graphics driver ? What kind of lag do you have, do you move slowly or other players moving jumpy ?

ryu_no_bishie
11-13-2006, 09:49 AM
it might just be graals crowded servers, just a guess

Crono
11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Does your mobo support a faster CPU + RAM speeds? If so you COULD try to find a really cheap like 2500+ or 2700+ or something and get yourself some corsair value select.

Also try putting 16-bit color instead of 32. Have you tried that?

killer_dog10
11-17-2006, 12:27 AM
It should be far enough for playing Zone. What graphics card do you have on your 1600+ Athlon ? Have you tried to install the latest graphics driver ? What kind of lag do you have, do you move slowly or other players moving jumpy ?
No card so I owuldn't really need drivers but it does have that latest version of directX sometimes I move slow but then mostly other poeple are jumpy I was just concern about my slowness
Now I think about it I do have some tpye of ingrated video but it 64 Mb shared ram so it's not much use

it might just be graals crowded servers, just a guess
I thought so but when my gaming rig PSU was fine I never had lag but I did see certain people jump around sometimes. But more people does mean more stuff is being processed when thier is 20 something peeps fighting on the screen.

Does your mobo support a faster CPU + RAM speeds? If so you COULD try to find a really cheap like 2500+ or 2700+ or something and get yourself some corsair value select.

Also try putting 16-bit color instead of 32. Have you tried that?
No I havn't change the colors. I guess my mobo can get faster socketA processors and I can go with another kingston value ram just to macth the setting of the one I have now.

Admins
11-17-2006, 02:40 AM
Even integrated graphics cards need drivers, it is some Intel or S3 card?

Crono
11-17-2006, 02:55 AM
No I havn't change the colors. I guess my mobo can get faster socketA processors and I can go with another kingston value ram just to macth the setting of the one I have now.

in my opinion you should just get a really cheap card while you're at it.

also you need to see the highest FSB ram your mobo can even take

i know some dont support the FSB400 barton cores (i think thats just the 3200+)

also what games do you usually play?

killer_dog10
11-19-2006, 10:31 PM
well I was just going to get a new PSU and video card for the computer with the better mobo it's a 754 but works great no lag. Funny thing about the games I play is just this game for now untill I can get MMOgameA next year.
Went on new egg and saw that the X800GTO was the same cost as the 850XT so I'm now going with the XT.
My gaming rig isn't that good but it has 2Gb OCZ platinum ddr400 ram with a km88-v msi board a spem 3000+ (754)processor unworkable PSU and unicrome ingrated graphics like the computer i'm on now. this one I'm playing on is a Emachines my game rig a custom

My mobo on this computer has everything lock from ram to processor and ref core(not that I would mess with the Ref core)