PDA

View Full Version : Nick changes now recorded.

jake13jake
11-07-2006, 01:19 AM
It's not cool to harass people through nicks. The problem is easy enough to crack down on however. All nickname changes are now being recorded.

Minoc
11-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Well done.

maximus_asinus
11-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Another pointless NPC. Where are the Baddies? Where are the Quests? Where is the new content?

Anyway what good is nickname tracking when a certain staff member changes players names to get them jailed? Hmm?Massokre I'm talking about you incase you couldn't put it together.

Tyhm
11-07-2006, 03:00 AM
RC logs should handle that, and the NPC should be able to differentiate by tracking when a player logs on with a name or uses a chat-command so to do.

Baddies and quests are tricksy.

Darlene159
11-07-2006, 03:25 AM
It's not cool to harass people through nicks. The problem is easy enough to crack down on however. All nickname changes are now being recorded.Agreed, good job.

KuJi
11-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Do you log what player nicks they log on w/ ;)?

// Log on Login
function onActionPlayerOnline()
{
savelog2("nicknames.txt", format("%s has logged on with the nick of %s", player.account, player.nick);
}

// Log on Change
function onActionServerSide(action)
{
switch (action)
{
case "lognick":
{
savelog2("nicknames.txt", format("%s has changed his nick to %s", player.account, params[1]);

break;
}
}
}

//#CLIENTSIDE
function ChatBar.onAction()
{
if (ChatBar.text.starts("setnick"))
{
triggerserver("gui", this.name, "lognick", ChatBar.text.substring(8));
}
}

Tada?

Mark Sir Link
11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
It's not cool to harass people through nicks. The problem is easy enough to crack down on however. All nickname changes are now being recorded.

No, this is absolutely retarded. Massokre only insists on this because he was nearly cracked down upon for abusing the same NPC he abused to change my nick and cause my jailing for a week. He used it to continuously change Ralboon's nickname, citing it was ok because Ralboon was harassing him.

However, he has an NPC that uses no log to harass players.

So I guess I can sit in jail again when he pulls this crap again?

soulwazza
11-07-2006, 01:18 PM
wtf is this crap maybe if there were some quests and baddies you might not be harassed so much :/!

jake13jake
11-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Right now it only records setnicks.
I will probably make it so it records the nicks you login with too.
It -WILL NOT- record a change of your nickname set by any script or by staff.

Also, I'm not a member of LAT, so I'm not responsible for making anything. I just make things anyway.

Tyhm
11-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Might wanna change your title then. :P

WHIPENIE4
05-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Classic isn't supposed to change, even though it was. It was ment to remain the same, changing it was what made people complain, now people ask for it to be changed more? what do you want? the way it was or far more different from the original version?

DustyPorViva
05-20-2007, 01:27 AM
It only takes a quick second to make an NPC to log this kind of stuff. Stop acting like they're wasting hours and days of work to do this.

DutchGuy
06-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Right now it only records setnicks.
I will probably make it so it records the nicks you login with too.
It -WILL NOT- record a change of your nickname set by any script or by staff.

Also, I'm not a member of LAT, so I'm not responsible for making anything. I just make things anyway.

I find you bull really, in the days that you do wore a LAT tag, all u did, was go on RC and made everyone look how cool you are, u didnt do a damn thing about the server.
you and ure updates dont mean nothing to me or anyone else on classic, i suggest u leave ure stupid updates and go herass some other server