PDA

View Full Version : Please, some straight answers

Spiker
11-05-2006, 09:28 AM
I am looking for a straight answer on what is going on, I have got like 4 from different threads right now, once you make a kinda long post about what is happening with how the server list isnt working and stuff, its really bothering me, then please lock. Thank you

-Spiker

zim5354
11-05-2006, 09:38 AM
...wtf this made no sense.

Tyhm
11-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, the other thread's pretty clear - "Oh crap, restarting it now, something's going wrong with the database computer, should have it fixed in a few hours."
I wouldn't expect a particularly detailed report or estimate, as Unixmad and Stefan are probably dissasembling the damn thing as I type this...literally or figuratively. And everyone's probably going to get another day credited to their accounts for the inconvenience, 'cuz the admins are fair like that.

I wouldn't worry too much, Stefan and Unixmad are more worried about the database computer than we are. I imagine the company'd be in dire straits if it was completely unrecoverable (which is why they're so big on backing everything up regularly) - worst case scenario, they restore onto a new server when the computer stores open in Paris tomorrow morning.

Lo and behold, Unixmad took the time to say so even.