PDA

View Full Version : Projectiles not being removed from levels

Yen
10-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Not too sure how to explain this bug. I've had some complaints about it on Zodiac, recently.

In commonly used inside levels (doesn't occur on gmaps), such as dungeons, you will see multiple arrows being fired simutaneously when you enter.
I'm guessing that the projectiles aren't being cleared from the level properly, so you're seeing a bunch of projectiles that were shot a while ago when you enter. Once you've entered the level once, you won't see the arrows shot again until you relog.

EDIT: These 'ghost projectiles' don't hold any params, as well.

smirt362
10-28-2006, 08:09 AM
Heres a screen shot...

Admins
11-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Will check it

Crono
11-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Heres a screen shot...

AHH MY EYES THAT IS HORRIBLE

I was also really confused when arrows started showing up like that. It gets worse in more crowded levels. Probably adds 1-4 second load time for all the arrows to clear, and I have a mid-range computer!

smirt362
11-11-2006, 08:38 PM
AHH MY EYES THAT IS HORRIBLE

I was also really confused when arrows started showing up like that. It gets worse in more crowded levels. Probably adds 1-4 second load time for all the arrows to clear, and I have a mid-range computer!

Yeah...since I took that screen shot it has gotten much worse.

Also whenever you go out onto the GMAP near a flag you all of the lightning and smites that has hit it. It's probably the same sort of problem.

Admins
11-11-2006, 11:55 PM
What is the exact level name?
I have checked the server-side code, everything seems to be fine, so I will need to investigate further.

Crono
11-12-2006, 12:19 AM
swampdungeon1.nw

smirt362
11-12-2006, 01:09 AM
swampdungeon1.nw

But it happens in multiple places...not just there.

Chompy
11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Stefan, when you have fixed the problem, could you post how to fix it?
I've had this problem before and I want to fix

Admins
11-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Ok, fixed it, it was a bug in the script - the seekingmissiles didn't destroy themself on the serverside, so there were around 10k of them on the server. I have fixed them and made it so that it destroys them when they a player enters the room, so they should disappear once someone goes there.

Chompy
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM
so how to fix?

function onPlayerEnters()
destroy();?

I had this problem, I made a hp system, displaying a gani over the player using showani, but sometimes
(on gmap, inside) they appear randomly around, like they are just hided.

smirt362
11-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Ok, fixed it, it was a bug in the script - the seekingmissiles didn't destroy themself on the serverside, so there were around 10k of them on the server. I have fixed them and made it so that it destroys them when they a player enters the room, so they should disappear once someone goes there.

Wow. 10k?

Yen
11-13-2006, 08:57 AM

Oops. >_>
I kinda overlooked, you know.. Destroying them..

Yeah...since I took that screen shot it has gotten much worse.

Also whenever you go out onto the GMAP near a flag you all of the lightning and smites that has hit it. It's probably the same sort of problem.

I'll fix that if I remember.. Ajira scripted the flags, so I'm assuming he forgot to remove the effects.

Devil
11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
It happens in every single dungeon level for me, made me not want to play to be honest.