PDA

View Full Version : RC2 shortcut not working

Crono
10-19-2006, 08:19 AM
I've had this problem before and forgot how to fix it.

I put the RC2 shortcut in the start menu (first screenshot) and everytime I open it and login, I get a graphic-less F8-menu (second screenshot). If I click connect, to say for example Babylon, it'll just stay blank.

If I use the .exe from the Graal folder it's fine, but it won't work with the shortcut. Any idea?

Admins
10-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Eventually you need to specify the execution path for the shortcut?

Crono
10-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Eventually you need to specify the execution path for the shortcut?

Huh? I don't understand. :(

xAndrewx
10-19-2006, 07:22 PM
"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1
Right click the RC2 icon, and check the target area. That's just mine for WMP

Crono
10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Graal works through this start menu shortcut, why wouldn't RC2? I don't really know what to do with it, tell me step by step please.

Someone help me ;-;!!

Admins
10-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Graal is setting the current path to the location of the executable because people had problems with that before, the RC is not doing that yet.

Crono
10-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Graal is setting the current path to the location of the executable because people had problems with that before, the RC is not doing that yet.

How do I make it do it? All I really do is drag and drop the RC2 exe in the Graal folder into the start menu. Works with everything but rc2, and I remember it worked fine on Windows 2000pro. Maybe even on Windows XP in 2005.

Crono
10-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Ok my solution:

I simply right-clicked RC2, created a shortcut, and now the shortcut is in the start menu shortcuts. So basically I have a shortcut to a shortcut but it works fine.

No idea why it didn't work with dragging the original .exe into the start menu though. It ran the EXE but would crash if I tried to log in a server and was missing graphics as you can see in those screenshots.