PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good playerworld?

emmett
07-08-2001, 06:35 PM
I've noticed that Unholy Nation is attracting quite a few players. It seems cool, but i haven't played too much yet.

So this poll asks what is the most important aspect of a new world? What will keep players coming back?

Shard_IceFire
07-09-2001, 07:56 AM
Personally, I don't really think Unholy Nation is good at all...I got bored after 5 minutes of being PK'ed and finding nothing to do.

SSmutz
07-09-2001, 09:15 AM
Professional Quality & Professional Staff
That's what makes a good playerworld.

Yamizitzu
07-09-2001, 12:15 PM
Well built levels, good quests, good professional staff
That make a good playerworld

Jerom
07-10-2001, 10:16 AM
What makes a good PW...
Perfect levels with great tiles(even if you have to make more tiles to change the looks). Good NPCs that interact with other NPCs and the players. NPCs that allow the player to have somewhat different movement. Alot of various items players can pick up(like gralats, potions, relics, jewlery, etc.

You also hafta have a good story in which everyone can participate and create thier own roles.

You must NOT use other people's work...*cough*delteria*cough*...
You must use your own artwork, your own NPCs, your own levels, your own ideas...

A purty lookin tileset is cool too =)
OH, ya hafta have good 3d effects, like with tree_top.gif so the player can run underneath the top of the tree and stuff, heh.

I dont know what else to add because Wrz's yellin at me for saying what his account name was for NewMain, so it was a slight distraction. I'd like to see other people's posts here too.