PDA

View Full Version : WindowsBlinds + Graal = Sucks

Infernix
10-17-2006, 02:23 AM
JESUS WTF IS WITH THIS GAME AND MY FAVORITE WINDOWS SKINNING UTILITY.

I cant seem to use 1 decent complex transparent skin without graal lagging its ****ing ass off....infact it doesnt even seem like lag it just seem as if everything slows the **** down.

Even 3D games run faster than graal with windows blinds on.

Anyone else around here use Windows Blinds and experience these problems?

k0rupt_ed
10-17-2006, 02:38 AM
yeh graals rediculously sensitive to everything

Draenin
10-17-2006, 02:40 AM
Making your windows transparent and running most games windowed will do that.

Chris
10-17-2006, 02:47 AM
Making your windows transparent and running most games windowed will do that.

Making them transparent sucks up enough resources in itself.

Infernix
10-17-2006, 02:51 AM
rofl I can play Battle Field 2 and not have a slow down. Its Graal and not windows blinds.

Stephen
10-17-2006, 03:31 AM
rofl I can play Battle Field 2 and not have a slow down. Its Graal and not windows blinds.
I don't tout being a expert on this stuff, but it may be the way which Graal draws the canvas vs. the way "windows blinds" (such a respectable piece of software ;)) draws it's transparencies.

dNeonb
10-17-2006, 04:23 AM
Don't play it in fullscreen mode, play battlefield in window mode and it will lag like hell. I play quite a few games in window mode and I had the problem with the transparence, too. I just removed the transparence to play in window mode or played fullscreen.

Or switch Graal to full screen mode :p

Mafukie
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Window blinds = resource hog. I don't see where people need to make their desktop look fancy or cool when it functions all the same.

Draenin
10-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Don't play it in fullscreen mode, play battlefield in window mode and it will lag like hell.We should get some Battlefield action going on.

Crono
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Don't play it in fullscreen mode, play battlefield in window mode and it will lag like hell. I play quite a few games in window mode and I had the problem with the transparence, too. I just removed the transparence to play in window mode or played fullscreen.

Or switch Graal to full screen mode :p

I can play another MMORPG in window mode and it doesn't "lag' (low FPS) at all.

Demisis_P2P
10-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Hmmmmmm. This is a tricky 1

I wonder what could ever possibly be happening. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Chris
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Window blinds = resource hog. I don't see where people need to make their desktop look fancy or cool when it functions all the same.
Aesthetics.

Skyld
10-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Aesthetics.
Then they can use a more aesthetically pleasing operating system. Even Linux desktop environments these days can be taken to the level of hardware acceleration. Windows isn't built for it yet.

Crono
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Then they can use a more aesthetically pleasing operating system.

...why the **** would a gamer want to switch to mac or linux?

Skyld
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM
...why the **** would a gamer want to switch to mac or linux?
I guess it depends if they want a hardware accelerated desktop or not! If a gamer is playing games fullscreen, it makes no difference what their desktops look like anyway.

syltburk
10-17-2006, 07:44 PM
ever since i tried out windowblinds my computer have been lagging like hell with even fullmode games :(, i uninstalled it and the lag still won't stop

making me sad :(

Sum41Freeeeek
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
You guys must suck at life.
I always had windows blinds, and my Graal never lagged window mode or fullscreen.

syltburk
10-17-2006, 08:37 PM

What does that have to do with ANYTHING of this besides you trying to tell yourself that you have a life?

Infernix
10-17-2006, 09:22 PM
I always had windows blinds, and my Graal never lagged window mode or fullscreen.

I still use windowsblinds but I dont use a various skins because graal seems to lag to hell because of it.

Just wanna point out thats vista will have transparent windows so hopefully Stefan has been doing some test with beta vista versions.

Edit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/InfernoMarvel/Image1.jpg

Check this out and see how much ram I still have to use. And even though my cpu usage is at 90% doesnt mean I should be lagging. It just seems more like a bug with graal and transparent windows more or less than to many resources being used.

I was runninging:
-Graal
-Graal RC
-FireFox
-AIM
-One Aim window

Chris
10-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Then they can use a more aesthetically pleasing operating system. Even Linux desktop environments these days can be taken to the level of hardware acceleration.
Fully understandable.

Windows isn't built for it yet.

*waits for Vista so it will be* :cool:

Crono
10-17-2006, 11:48 PM
I guess it depends if they want a hardware accelerated desktop or not! If a gamer is playing games fullscreen, it makes no difference what their desktops look like anyway.

They wouldn't be playing games ALL the time though. They'd be surfing the web for patches, posting on leet forums, or ordering kewl stuff which would look nicer with a nicer skin. But at the same time they don't want crappy linux or mr.imsucharebel mac since neither play the top games (because they suck of course).

Infernix
10-18-2006, 12:50 AM
I rlly wanna draw let Stefan know about this. This actually all started when Graal4 was created.

MegaMasterX90875
11-15-2006, 07:15 PM
... But at the same time they don't want crappy linux ......(because they suck of course).

HEY I resent that.:\

ryu_no_bishie
11-16-2006, 12:00 PM
vista will suck, you arent allowed to use any virus protecter but "windows defender"

Admins
11-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Graal is using several windows (playerlist, pms, profiles, options, log etc.) unlike most plain one-window games. You don't have problems with programs like ICQ? Also the RC is probably taking more windows resources than Graal. But it is true that it might work better in fullscreen mode.