PDA

View Full Version : Spar Dropship Project

Huwajux
10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
I am in the progress of creating a fresh spar dropship, one that has more structure to it. Here are the blueprints (Sadly, they aren't blue!).

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Huwajux/spardropship.png

As you can see I hope to merge the spar dropship and the Alpha map together. Solving the "Too many planets" problem. If you wonder why there are 2 teleports for Alpha, it is so the map is more symetrical :P. So while you play Alpha, and receive a challenge from another player, just warp up back from the map and spar. But, the two rooms are there because each one contains a teleport.

The same queue system will apply. You will wait until you are the next one in, then when you are sent into the teleport room, you stand on the teleport. The teleport will not function unless another spar member is standing on the other teleport. Once a person is on each teleport, they will function and teleport both of them into a room to the theme of a battlefield. Obviously, the size of the room depends on the one you chose.

While fighting down in the spar room you will begin with a countdown timer from 3. You are both immobile until the countdown is finished. Then, once the countdown is done. You fight!

If you die, you simply warp back to the dropship as if you had died on Alpha. If you win, you warp back into the teleportation room and check if there are any more people waiting (Because if you stayed in the sparring room you would be stranded and have to use unstick me :P).

I hope you all agree on this, please if not, state why and I'll try to come to terms. :)

bahamutstevetff
10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
**** it, bang the teleporters to all other planets in there and we have an overworld.

Huwajux
10-16-2006, 06:37 PM
**** it, bang the teleporters to all other planets in there and we have an overworld.
That isn't helping. :whatever:

dude2020
10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
spam much and nice Huwa now only if u could make a 2 on 2 spar >:(

jkool666
10-17-2006, 03:07 AM
IXI, stop your damned spaming...

Amazing idea Huwajux, I love how it looks to :) It would look ugly if it wasn't symetrical.

pooper200000
10-17-2006, 03:08 AM
that looks like fun im excited! :p

Crono
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
"Spar planet" should be removed in favor of simply a dropship floating around in space. This dropship should pretty much just orbit random planets. It would contain the spar rooms you listed up there minus the Alpha.

Just my thought.

Huwajux
12-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Ooo, revived!

Just to let you guys know. I am working extremely hard on this now. I know it's a little late but I am hoping to get this done for January next year.

Afterwards I will go back to the new CTF. Hopefully Gambet can assist me on that as I am running dry on ideas for map design on it.

someonesomewhere
12-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Ooo, revived!

Just to let you guys know. I am working extremely hard on this now. I know it's a little late but I am hoping to get this done for January next year.

Afterwards I will go back to the new CTF. Hopefully Gambet can assist me on that as I am running dry on ideas for map design on it.

Let me help. I'm extremely bored these days D:

Crono
12-23-2006, 09:59 PM
I still say we remove the "planet" in exchange for a dropship randomly floating around.

I mean when you go on the "planet" you just go in a dropship anyway...

ceserthen
12-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I say you take out the walls seperating the alpha teleporters cause that long walk-around would get annoying after a while

Huwajux
12-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Here is a screenshot of the entrance in progress. I have done the center section of the dropship and the right side for the alpha teleporters. I have been working loads since the lovely Crono gave me the Gmap (Don't laugh :[).

It looks a little bare but most of the Zone dropships are, it is just the lighting things that need to go in. I will also add in some seats and other details at the top part (But not so much that you are nearly trapped by NPCs).

And please try to remember that I started the map a few hours ago and I have done more in the north area of the map not shown. I am also still doing the structure and actual detail isn't my concern as of yet. Once I have finished the structure I will begin to add nice details. I quickly added in some NPCs for this screenshot.

And about that top bit of the tiles not matching the others. You won't notice since the sneaky door will cover that up.

And ceserthen, when entering the right or left Alpha teleport, when you die you will spawn at either the left or right side. Not at the area where you enter the planet itself.

It's coming along very well. Except for all of the things still to be done. Scripting, the spar rooms that people teleport into, the lighting, loads of the map and a nice name for the place. Should we just call it Alpha? :P

Dante55555
12-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Im for it, GJ Huwa. Oh btw if u need any help my offer still stands ;)

Gambet
12-24-2006, 12:18 AM
I'll handle the scripting, no worries about that. Nice work so far.

Sulukra
12-24-2006, 12:22 AM
In regards to that screenshot, its a bit...Lacklustre, really. I do like the design and all that, but it still is too bare - even for a Zone dropship. I suggest piling some crates up in the front, and maybe something just to fill up some of that blank space.

Huwajux
12-24-2006, 12:45 AM
In regards to that screenshot, its a bit...Lacklustre, really. I do like the design and all that, but it still is too bare - even for a Zone dropship. I suggest piling some crates up in the front, and maybe something just to fill up some of that blank space.
It looks a little bare but most of the Zone dropships are, it is just the lighting things that need to go in. I will also add in some seats and other details at the top part (But not so much that you are nearly trapped by NPCs).
That is obviously not the finished product.

pooper200000
12-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Ooo, revived!Just to let you guys know. I am working extremely hard on this now. I know it's a little late but I am hoping to get this done for January next year.Afterwards I will go back to the new CTF. Hopefully Gambet can assist me on that as I am running dry on ideas for map design on it. January 2007 or 2008?

Here is a screenshot of the entrance in progress. I have done the center section of the dropship and the right side for the alpha teleporters. I have been working loads since the lovely Crono gave me the Gmap (Don't laugh :[). It looks a little bare but most of the Zone dropships are, it is just the lighting things that need to go in. I will also add in some seats and other details at the top part (But not so much that you are nearly trapped by NPCs). And please try to remember that I started the map a few hours ago and I have done more in the north area of the map not shown. I am also still doing the structure and actual detail isn't my concern as of yet. Once I have finished the structure I will begin to add nice details. I quickly added in some NPCs for this screenshot.And about that top bit of the tiles not matching the others. You won't notice since the sneaky door will cover that up.And ceserthen, when entering the right or left Alpha teleport, when you die you will spawn at either the left or right side. Not at the area where you enter the planet itself.It's coming along very well. Except for all of the things still to be done. Scripting, the spar rooms that people teleport into, the lighting, loads of the map and a nice name for the place. Should we just call it Alpha? :P... doesn't make adifference a s long as its new
Hint event though the koth dropship is crowded it still looks good!

Huwajux
12-24-2006, 03:03 PM
January 2007 or 2008?
Notice I said "Next Year".

pooper200000
12-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Notice I said "Next Year".

HEY I had to check :D ^^

Triple_Darkness
12-24-2006, 03:52 PM
i like the idea! i hope it come's out ahead of the time said it will come out

Dante55555
04-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Sorry to revive this thread AGAIN. But it was a really good idea and i wanted to see how things have being going on it, any progress? And you need any help? Im not freakin' Crono the super LAT or anything, but i can help :D I really do hope it is made :)

pooper200000
04-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry to revive this thread AGAIN. But it was a really good idea and i wanted to see how things have being going on it, any progress? And you need any help? Im not freakin' Crono the super LAT or anything, but i can help :D I really do hope it is made :)

its being worked on don't worry. :)

dude2020
04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
12-23-2006

How ****ing long again?

pooper200000
04-07-2007, 05:03 PM
12-23-2006

How ****ing long again?

Well obviously if it was ready they would release it so it may possibly just need someone to script it. edit if you think staff are busy working on other servers you never know :D

dude2020
04-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Well obviously if it was ready they would release it so it may possibly just need someone to script it.Gambet or Stefan ohwait Stefan is buzy scripting the weapons and Ol' Gambet is scripting on N-pulse.

Crow
04-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Gambet or Stefan ohwait Stefan is buzy scripting the weapons and Ol' Gambet is scripting on N-pulse.

Wrong, Stefan is busy coding Graal 3D.

Huwajux
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
It is almost done. The 2 north spar entrance rooms need finishing, then I will get it uploaded onto debug where Stefan or Gambet can script the basic codes and it can eventually be ready for Zone.

bahamutstevetff
04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
its looking good...but is the spar bot goinna gave a place there?

dude2020
04-07-2007, 07:38 PM
its looking good...but is the spar bot goinna gave a place there?Probably not

Davidd
04-08-2007, 03:06 AM
x_x why the hell would it take that long O_o

dude2020
04-08-2007, 03:39 AM
x_x why the hell would it take that long O_oZone staff what else?

Dante55555
04-08-2007, 04:33 AM
It is almost done. The 2 north spar entrance rooms need finishing, then I will get it uploaded onto debug where Stefan or Gambet can script the basic codes and it can eventually be ready for Zone.

Great to see you havn't just been laying around on your ass then, i was beggining to wonder that. Though i don't blame you, i have a lot of half finished projects, they tend to just get boring and i give up.

Huwajux
04-08-2007, 12:29 PM
x_x why the hell would it take that long O_o
Hmm, there are other things to do, you know. Like going to Gani the metallicrifle, help Gambet script the sniper (And own Sayian with it on debug), help Stefan to script the metallicrifle etc. :o

By the way, Stefan gave me access to some maps so the new Spar Dropship is almost done scripting wise. It just needs the 2 different sized sparring rooms made and a script to warp the players there and it should be as near to done as you can get. The northen layout of the map is also changed slightly to make it less of a bother to walk ages to go and spar again.

anubis_wing
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I have some, issues I'm wondering about:
1.) You need to realize that the classes will have to fit for Alpha, AND Spar, so what classes will be available
2.) What will the planet look like?
3.) You have to make Jetpack avaiable only in Alpha.
There you go.

Dante55555
04-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Hmm, there are other things to do, you know. Like going to Gani the metallicrifle, help Gambet script the sniper (And own Sayian with it on debug), help Stefan to script the metallicrifle etc. :o

You said Metallicrifle twice.. I know its not the correct thread for this but. Whats that? And if you need help with any of your maps id be happy to help, i don't know the scripts for zone seems though ive never worked on any of the original maps, so i won't know how to make barrles go bang, pickup boxes, throw pipes through doors, or any of that, but i can create a half decent level :D

xAzerothx
04-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Are there going to be team spars?

Huwajux
04-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I have some, issues I'm wondering about:
1.) You need to realize that the classes will have to fit for Alpha, AND Spar, so what classes will be available
2.) What will the planet look like?
3.) You have to make Jetpack avaiable only in Alpha.
There you go.
1.) All classes of the combined planets. But some key weapons will be disabled during the spar room.
2.) Uh, there are blueprints for the dropship at the beginning of the thread. Alpha will obviously be the same, and the 2 sparring rooms will be rooms using the "zone_alpha" tileset.
3.) Uh, yeah. We know.
You said Metallicrifle twice..
1 was ganing the thing which takes ages, and the other was to help script it with Stefan.
Are there going to be team spars?
No.

jkool666
04-08-2007, 06:57 PM
OMG TEAM SPARZZZZ
1.)No.
Well, we get Stefan to add some commands...

/tagteam 1,Huwajux
/tagteam 1,Jkool666
/tagteam 2,Hackrrr
/tagteam 2,H4X0R
Could be interesting for events...

dude2020
04-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, we get Stefan to add some commands...

/tagteam 1,Huwajux
/tagteam 1,Jkool666
/tagteam 2,Hackrrr
/tagteam 2,H4X0R
Could be interesting for events...or just just do /tagteam 1,Huwajux,jkool666

>.>

Huwajux
04-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Some screenshots. The traders text will obviously change, but since it is in editor, they appear like that.

Dante55555
04-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Some screenshots. The traders text will obviously change, but since it is in editor, they appear like that.

Lol, everythings semetricle, I like semetricle, very nice. :D

Davidd
04-08-2007, 10:23 PM
its very nice <3

anubis_wing
04-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Blech, I think you should make it all one colour; this way it doesn't look weird going from red to blue.

SayianOozaru
04-09-2007, 12:57 AM
why the hell are there warpers?

i thought it was a "spar" dropship???

Davidd
04-09-2007, 01:39 AM
to seperate the battle from players to decrease lag?

UnknownMasterMind
04-09-2007, 01:49 AM
to seperate the battle from players to decrease lag?

He doesn't mean, Literally, "Why do we have Warpers?".

why the hell are there warpers?

i thought it was a "spar" dropship???

It is Alpha and Spar combined, So when you walk up further, You would see the Spar Rooms.

_________
The only problem I think would be, Is if they got on a Team, And went to Spar, And they sparred someone from the Same Team. Would they still Damage each other?

Other then that, I like it alot, Hope it gets done soon.

Sincerely,
Desear

SayianOozaru
04-09-2007, 02:12 AM
>_<

that's not going to work out so well. x.x

Thats going to mean twice the amount of lag you get just on a normal spar planet. x_x

Huwajux
04-09-2007, 12:39 PM
>_<

that's not going to work out so well. x.x

Thats going to mean twice the amount of lag you get just on a normal spar planet. x_x
Uh, why? The current spar map is a 2x2 level, and since all the players on that map usually gather in 1 confined space of 1 level, that causes a lot of lag. This new map is a 3x3 map and because of the increased size, players won't be hanging around in 1 area. Plus, if you die in the spar room or in Alpha, you get warped back to the corresponding section of the dropship.

anubis_wing
04-09-2007, 01:12 PM
See, I was going to complain about that, but realized that the lag is just from the players in one area, that's why you don't lag in Iricia's dropship when there's like 50 people running around, it's because they're not not in the current level; it will be like that for the Spar planet.

Huwajux
06-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Hello again!

I'm sure most of you will be happy to hear that this project is finally finished (Level-wise ;]). All that needs doing now is scripting things such as warpers since their scripts have been fiddled around with due to events I can't discuss with you guys yet. Then hopefully, finally, amazingly I will have finished it. Scripting and all!

Once those few things are done then the planet will be ready to be uploaded onto Zone (With a few other things you guys might know about, I'm not sure).

Also, some commands are being thought about to be added later for better events and 2vs2 rounds.

Crono
06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
I made the gmaps. I'm so useful. :cool:

anubis_wing
06-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Awesome, now add me to Events Team and I can join in the hosting fun!

pooper200000
06-20-2007, 06:34 PM

*cough* slacker *cough*

Sweet I look forward to the updates Im sure they are of very high quality for stefan to have done them in that amount of time. :) Any specific dates or details you can disclose to us?

Huwajux
06-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Pfft, he lies.

blazeingonix
06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
No no! ok put out alpha and just create sparrėng planet with more rooms and the both . And create a big room to fight everyone at the same time :D

Huwajux
06-20-2007, 11:23 PM
No no! ok put out alpha and just create sparrėng planet with more rooms and the both . And create a big room to fight everyone at the same time :D
Isn't that just a watered down version of Alpha? x-x

anubis_wing
06-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Isn't that just a watered down version of Alpha? x-x

Nooo, a watered down version of Alpha is a wet Alpha.