PDA

View Full Version : Account blocked? (formally named "lel?")

syltburk
10-11-2006, 04:43 PM
why is my account blocked when I haven't logged onto graal for like 50000 years :x?

that gotta suckz, kinda funny tho, says it wants me to change my password for security reasons, that email I use have been disabled since 2002

edit:

DARLENE I just said, my email got disabled back at 2002 but i've never had to change my password rly, but now u guys gotta start messin around, god dam and i dont even remember my god damn paypal account, y graalonline start messing around with my pass, gonna shot unixmad

Darlene159
10-11-2006, 04:49 PM
why is my account blocked when I haven't logged onto graal for like 50000 years :x?

that gotta suckz

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68972

Raelyn
10-11-2006, 05:06 PM
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68972

Darlene, I have some 5 or 6 ex-gold/vip accounts, and I only have the paypal ID from my "Raelyn" account.

Graal seriously needs to revise the way they are handling accounts, people lose email accounts like left socks, tying them as such is rediculous. Most MMORPGs use a system of accounts that are unseen to other players, meaning they are incredibly less likely to be stolen. Because once you log into your account, you select your "player name" or "character name". No one else knows your account name..

Sadly, it's much to late to implement a system like this.

maximus_asinus
10-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Darlene, I have some 5 or 6 ex-gold/vip accounts, and I only have the paypal ID from my "Raelyn" account.

Graal seriously needs to revise the way they are handling accounts, people lose email accounts like left socks, tying them as such is rediculous. Most MMORPGs use a system of accounts that are unseen to other players, meaning they are incredibly less likely to be stolen. Because once you log into your account, you select your "player name" or "character name". No one else knows your account name..

Sadly, it's much to late to implement a system like this.
They provide you with a paypal ID, which they ask that you print out, and store it in a safe place. That isn't much to ask, unless you're asking for a situation where you can recover neither. Maybe allowing you to change your password with your account name and paypal ID, sent to an e-mail of your choice would work.

Darlene159
10-11-2006, 05:44 PM

Sadly, it's much to late to implement a system like this.If they were all gotten through Paypal, you can go into your paypal history to retrieve the paypal ID numbers.

Darlene159
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
edit:

DARLENE I just said, my email got disabled back at 2002 but i've never had to change my password rly, but now u guys gotta start messin around, god dam and i dont even remember my god damn paypal account, y graalonline start messing around with my pass, gonna shot unixmadIf you cannot access your paypal account, you need to contact them (paypal).
You can make a support ticket (Graalonline), and explain the situation, someone might be able to help you through there.

xXziroXx
10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
And if you dont know the URL to the support site, its http://support.cyberjoueurs.com/

Darlene159
10-11-2006, 08:40 PM
And if you dont know the URL to the support site, its http://support.cyberjoueurs.com/Yes, sorry. I meant to include in my post that the link was in my signature x_x

konidias
10-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Wow Darlene, way to moderate in all the wrong ways... Why did you just delete my reply? All I was doing was pointing things out about the thread. I didn't know that was also against the rules...

Skyld
10-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Wow Darlene, way to moderate in all the wrong ways... Why did you just delete my reply? All I was doing was pointing things out about the thread. I didn't know that was also against the rules...
There is a thread in the main forum for discussion on what you think is appropriate moderation. Go and put your comment there instead of spamming other forums with them.

syltburk
10-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Rofl im not contacting any damn paypal, im gonna deal with it by not playing,

my password hasn't been stolen since I created this account and I'm pretty damn sure it won't be.
this is just bull****

and FYI, i've never made a support ticket cause I haven't been stupid enough to do anything wrong, unixmad can come here like a man imo

WarLord2004
10-11-2006, 09:24 PM
I got a bad feeling about this. Especially with the bird nose dude.

xXziroXx
10-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Rofl im not contacting any damn paypal, im gonna deal with it by not playing,

my password hasn't been stolen since I created this account and I'm pretty damn sure it won't be.
this is just bull****

Did anyone tell you it was stolen? No, alot of Graal accounts were compomised and had to be banned for security reasons. They get unbanned automaticly once you change password.

Maybe it didnt work out well for you, but the situation couldnt have been handled any better then it was.

syltburk
10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
yeah well im at least able to post here cause no where in hell i will contact paypal and go through alot of crap because graalonline can't keep their security up.

but yeah, its graal, nothings rly proffesional here so what can you expect

Mykel
10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
There is a thread in the main forum for discussion on what you think is appropriate moderation. Go and put your comment there instead of spamming other forums with them.I hardly think that what he said could be considered spam.

Anyway, as for the topic at hand:

I've recovered 2-3 accounts where I lost the e-mail and didn't have the paypal ID. The only way to do it is to have a boat-load of information on the account.

If you know a few of the following things about your account, it helps a lot in the retrieval:

Former ISP[s]
Current ISP
Former Guilds
Current Guilds
Hours on Servers
ETC.

There are many boxes you can fill out in the support ticket when you submit one for an account problem, and Ibonic does a pretty good job of taking care of it, although it may take a few days.

konidias
10-11-2006, 10:12 PM
There is a thread in the main forum for discussion on what you think is appropriate moderation. Go and put your comment there instead of spamming other forums with them.
I wouldn't have made that response if she didn't remove my initial reply... which was just saying that this thread needed to be moved. I guess she doesn't want to let people be made aware that she posts in a thread that is in serious need of moderation without doing any moderating, yet closes threads that don't need to be closed.

Seriously. The deleting of posts with the excuse of "wow, calm down" is not going to fly. "wow, calm down" is not an excuse to delete someones post. Period.

syltburk
10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
yeah i will in time try and retrieve it without paypal log or email...

thx

Devil
10-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Good luck man.

ApothiX
10-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah, this banning thing does indeed suck. My account's password was one that I chose a long time ago, now I have to change it to some random set of characters that I'll never remember :(