PDA

View Full Version : Grand Sun Event?

Crono
10-07-2006, 02:51 AM
The sun kind of just sits there on Zone.

Now, Zone is in the far future, unrealistic, and crazy so we might as well blend in all these three aspects and do something with the sun. Maybe fly around it, land, take over stuff, and such.

I don't know, I just feel we should do something with the sun. What do you guys think?

:noob:

dude2020
10-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Stefan was talking about a Speeder Level so maybe that the sun could be like when u go into the Dropshp u need Speeders to enter the level then u start shooting each other in air then when u die u see u or the ship falling down and blowing up in the sun or somthin like this

someonesomewhere
10-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Don't see why not

Maybe a little obstacle course over the surface (on speeders :P) where little flames come up periodically, and you gotta dodge them...

Sulukra
10-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Don't see why not

Maybe a little obstacle course over the surface (on speeders :P) where little flames come up periodically, and you gotta dodge them...

Man, where are those volcano jeeps when you need them?

bahamutstevetff
10-07-2006, 08:31 AM
maybe all the planets begin to suffer from global warmingfrom bein so close to the sun, then they al become uninhabitable and the server has to close down.

someonesomewhere
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Man, where are those volcano jeeps when you need them?

I heard a new shipment was due to arrive some time next week...

Crono
10-07-2006, 07:43 PM
maybe all the planets begin to suffer from global warmingfrom bein so close to the sun, then they al become uninhabitable and the server has to close down.

best way to end a server, rofl

Admins
10-07-2006, 07:44 PM
A map based on the lava tileset & effects?

Crono
10-07-2006, 07:48 PM

Well possibly, it would make sense.

But also lots of effects. Possibly a heat-wave effect where the player's screen is sort of blurry like when it's really hot outside.

jkool666
10-07-2006, 08:52 PM
That would look sweet. You could even have certain parts of the level where its to hot to be in and you slowly lose HP when you are in that room.

Sulukra
10-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Well possibly, it would make sense.

But also lots of effects. Possibly a heat-wave effect where the player's screen is sort of blurry like when it's really hot outside.

Make it like in Star Fox, though - if you go too close to the lava, you slowly start losing HP. Accursed sun level.

jkool666
10-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Make it like in Star Fox, though - if you go too close to the lava, you slowly start losing HP. Accursed sun level.
:noob: :noob: :noob:
That would look sweet. You could even have certain parts of the level where its to hot to be in and you slowly lose HP when you are in that room.
pwned Sul lol >_<

pooper200000
10-07-2006, 10:06 PM
They should add some wierd things in it i don't no what though

Sulukra
10-07-2006, 11:14 PM
pwned Sul lol >_<

Can't let you do that, Star Fox...

Crono
10-07-2006, 11:28 PM

I'm thinking special anti-heat suits. Would have 3 different graphics but same thing, and maybe the job is to do something rather than kill people. Possibly as a team exterminate aliens trying to blow up the sun with their advanced bombs.

Air battles could take place as well as ground, so its humans vs computer aliens

pooper200000
10-07-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm thinking special anti-heat suits. Would have 3 different graphics but same thing, and maybe the job is to do something rather than kill people. Possibly as a team exterminate aliens trying to blow up the sun with their advanced bombs.

Air battles could take place as well as ground, so its humans vs computer aliens

please tell me teh coms wouldn't be as hard a s the spar bot to kill

Crono
10-07-2006, 11:58 PM
please tell me teh coms wouldn't be as hard a s the spar bot to kill

The way I vision it, aliens would be vicious. High attack and high speed but have low hp as a trade off. If the humans would want to win they need to use teamwork or else they will all die.

pooper200000
10-08-2006, 12:17 AM
The way I vision it, aliens would be vicious. High attack and high speed but have low hp as a trade off. If the humans would want to win they need to use teamwork or else they will all die.

so it enocages teaming coms?

Crono
10-08-2006, 01:29 AM
so it enocages teaming coms?

More like packs of them randomly attacking players. In my opinion they should just run and attempt to jump on top of you and bit you for like 30 damage. Squads would really have medics, gun infantry, and engineers.

Medics for healing players, gun infantry basically people with guns, and engineers for maybe defusing/breaking alien bombs and setting up beacons and such.

Would be really nice to see a huge gmap just for this though, with alien dropships deploying tons of aliens frequently and possibly even have humans set up bunkers.

pooper200000
10-08-2006, 02:51 AM
More like packs of them randomly attacking players. In my opinion they should just run and attempt to jump on top of you and bit you for like 30 damage. Squads would really have medics, gun infantry, and engineers.

Medics for healing players, gun infantry basically people with guns, and engineers for maybe defusing/breaking alien bombs and setting up beacons and such.

Would be really nice to see a huge gmap just for this though, with alien dropships deploying tons of aliens frequently and possibly even have humans set up bunkers.

oh ok i was thinking it as a hrad person being teamed by real players :D

dude2020
10-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Would be really nice to see a huge gmap just for this though, with alien dropships deploying tons of aliens frequently and possibly even have humans set up bunkers.This might be good for the mission planet cept its like players vs VERY SMART COMPUTERS and its like alpha Team Death match but u cant re join when u die until that game is finish

Zulu15
10-08-2006, 03:42 AM
Now, Zone is in the far future, unrealistic, and crazy so we might as well blend in all these three aspects and do something with the sun. Maybe fly around it, land, take over stuff, and such.
Landing on the sun sounds as fun as a barrel full of monkeys, exept that instead of throwing fesis, they throw flaming hot lava turds.

I never thought I'd ever see "The sun" and "Land on it" in the same sentence.
I like the idea, but landing on the sun is waaay too much for me.

pooper200000
10-08-2006, 03:45 AM
Landing on the sun sounds as fun as a barrel full of monkeys, exept that instead of throwing fesis, they throw flaming hot lava turds.

I never thought I'd ever see "The sun" and "Land on it" in the same sentence.
I like the idea, but landing on the sun is waaay too much for me.

I love a barrel full of monekeys they are so much fun! They just keep coming! and coming and coming! Then again im easily amused and spamming. Heres my 2 bits. Its graal landing on the sun isn't imporssible its the future they cam eup witha genetic gene splicer that made extreme heat not affect human beings :D

Crono
10-08-2006, 01:09 PM
This might be good for the mission planet cept its like players vs VERY SMART COMPUTERS and its like alpha Team Death match but u cant re join when u die until that game is finish

Like I said, it's just a grand event. If you die, a medic can still try to revive you. If not, you gotta wait until the round is over.

I'm not gonna pretend it should be easy, in my opinion if players stick together and make smart choices they should get through fine. However I don't even know how the gameplay would be, still thinking about it. Sun would be cool to use. :]

Crono
11-14-2006, 02:34 PM
bump :/

Dante55555
11-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Sounds like a good idea, and you could easaly use the Lava tileset to creat it. :O Could also have ant-heat rooms ect ect. I ono, me cant think, the lights bouncing off your head and into my eyes.

seanthien
11-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Heres come JOTHEGREATLAT >.> Anyway once again you are gonna prob plan this all out and then get lazy and it never happens :o

Dante55555
11-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Heres come JOTHEGREATLAT >.> Anyway once again you are gonna prob plan this all out and then get lazy and it never happens :o

I never said i was gonna plan anything out. 1st off, its not my idea. 2nd off im buissy creating other stuff. and 3rd Crono the almighty LAT of zone can creat it himself if he pleases.

Crono
11-15-2006, 01:19 AM
I never said i was gonna plan anything out. 1st off, its not my idea. 2nd off im buissy creating other stuff. and 3rd Crono the almighty LAT of zone can creat it himself if he pleases.

LAT of zone? are you people like complete noobs or something?

someonesomewhere
11-16-2006, 04:26 AM
LAT of zone? are you people like complete noobs or something?

Noobs, no, idiots, maybe. Maybe Zone should have a clear staff list put somewhere so we don't get this kind of confusion?

Thumbs up to grand sun.

Crono
11-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Noobs, no, idiots, maybe. Maybe Zone should have a clear staff list put somewhere so we don't get this kind of confusion?

Thumbs up to grand sun.

Man everyone knows I'm just ET on Zone. I bet you could ask like unixmad and he would be like "yes he events teams at zone"