PDA

View Full Version : Graal.exe doesn't open graal...90% of the time

requiemwolf
09-19-2006, 05:49 AM
When I double click my graal shortcut it shows the hourglass for half a second and then cuts off...

if I click it about 50 times, 3-4 copies of graal open and they slowly close on their own. After opening it this many times I'll get to the login screen. If I click start it will connect but it may randomly close the program. I'll get into a server and it may still randomly close the program. I've tried reinstalling but it seems to only work for 1-2 tries.

please help, I just bought this game and I can't even play it...

Main Problem: randomly closes with no error, or it doesn't open at all...
Secondary Problem: The install.exe is actually doing the exact same thing... it wont run

no one's gotten around to giving me an answer so I re-installed winXP home... I have a dual boot with XP and x64 and I'd like to make x64 my main os but it looks like a couple of my favorite games are keeping me from it.

if any answers pop up let me know please.

MegaMasterX90875
09-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Hm, Maybe try running it in Compatability Mode with an earlier version of Windows?
Right Click Graal 4>Compatability Tab>Check the box labeled "Run this program in Compatability Mode"> Choose an older version of windows, like Win2k(2000)

Try that out.

Admins
09-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Are the graphics driver up-todate?
Please log your graal4console.log

requiemwolf
09-22-2006, 04:11 AM
I'll edit this post if I go back to x64 but I know you're so incredibly busy Stefan lol. Man you seriously do a lot around here. It took too long and I had to play graal so reinstalled 32 bit windowz and the exact same EXE worked.

my drivers are up to day. I installed the latest nVidia: 91.47_forceware_winxp64_english_whql.exe

and I have the 91.47 for XP home also. home works 64bit doesn't...
Oh and I found a virus when I switched over to home. I found a virus in like 4 spots from a deep scan so I don't know if that could have been taking over my network drivers or something. I'll try it later tonight and I'll edit this post...

thanks for the response!

oh one more thing. I don't think I have the graal4console.log because I reinstalled but I guess if it starts crashing over and over again then I'll be able to post it after that.

Admins
09-22-2006, 07:54 PM
It should normally create a file graal4console.log in the folder where the Graal4.exe is in.

requiemwolf
09-24-2006, 11:27 PM
yeah but i deleted the directory when I moved back to win XP (x86) so I can't get it until i go back to my other 64 bit OS... it's working for now on 32 bits so I'm gonna put this on hold until I decide to go all-out 64-bit again.