PDA

View Full Version : Some issues concerning Vista and Graal

Bl0nkt
09-16-2006, 03:22 PM
I have noticed two issues right off the bat of installing Vista.

Opening the playerlist and double-clicking to read a message gives an Error stating this:

Access violation at address 0040F4A0 in module 'Graal4.exe'. Write of address 937C42BA.

One other problem is accessing RC. Once loading a playerworld to connect to, the RC window will open and instantly freeze up. The only way to close it is to open the task manager and close it manually.

If I find any other problems, I'll post them. However, this will only be once every 7 hours.

Skyld
09-16-2006, 04:05 PM
One other problem is accessing RC. Once loading a playerworld to connect to, the RC window will open and instantly freeze up. The only way to close it is to open the task manager and close it manually.
That's odd; I didn't have this problem earlier. Are you running BETA 2, or RC1? Also, which release of RC?

Admins
09-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Tried disabling the graphical mode in RC (starting window) ?
Do the PMs work when you click on a PM-icon on the minimap? Do you still get the error when you turn off HTML/Images for the PMs?

Moondeath_2
09-16-2006, 06:14 PM
That's odd; I didn't have this problem earlier. Are you running BETA 2, or RC1? Also, which release of RC?

My remotecontrol doesn't have any problems either... just my client. :redface:

Edit: There is one thing it's been doing, it's been saying "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive." every time I open RC and I have to click cancel like 30 times.

Admins
09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Thats a bug in the widget library (GTK), i think it happens when you have a drive I or Z on your computer, should not be a problem though

CheeToS2
09-16-2006, 09:26 PM
RC2 Freezes up on Vista for me while it is connecting to NC, you just have to wait a few seconds.

Edit: Disabling HTML/Images doesn't fix the problem. Sometimes I can send a PM, other times I'll get an error. If I ever try to read a PM, I'll either get a PM box with no text and a "wait" cursor, or an error. Clicking the PM on the minimap does the same thing.

Bl0nkt
09-17-2006, 02:22 AM
I have RC1, and I'm not sure it's even possible to get beta 2 anymore. Of course, if it is, please link me up.

Skyld
09-17-2006, 09:36 PM
WOAH.. x.x

Log on Graal, click Updates and download the RC client.

You didn't know? x.x
He means Vista Release Candidate 1.

Vulcan
09-18-2006, 04:23 AM
It's different on dling RC?

He means Vista Release Candidate 1.

:rolleyes:

KuJi
09-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Hey uhh.. don't know if it was mentioned but:

On Vista RC1..
- Alt + 2 = Crash-o-matic =(
- Lack a sendpm button on right-clicking a user.
- Attachment = I walked out of a inside level and that popped up =o.
- Second attachment = Just randomly happened while I was scripting..

*Edit* I just reformatted, Vista sucks in my opinion.. crashed w/ graal every 15 seconds. z.z =(. (It also used waaay too much memory with no programs opened)

ApothiX
09-26-2006, 06:08 PM
*Edit* I just reformatted, Vista sucks in my opinion.. crashed w/ graal every 15 seconds. z.z =(. (It also used waaay too much memory with no programs opened)
1) Get a better computer.
2) Turn off Aero Glass.

KuJi
09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
1) Get a better computer.
2) Turn off Aero Glass.

1) I have 2 GB's of ram, but it was still using around 25-26% with everything off.
2) I reformatted back to XP in a couple of hours after anyway.

xAndrewx
09-29-2006, 08:50 AM
1) I have 2 GB's of ram, but it was still using around 25-26% with everything off.
2) I reformatted back to XP in a couple of hours after anyway.
yay ^^

So Vista is still a problem?

Jackel9
09-29-2006, 02:47 PM
If you all would be patient let Microsoft finish developing Vista
Instead of rushing through the Beta Version just to play Graal.

ApothiX
09-29-2006, 02:58 PM
If you all would be patient let Microsoft finish developing Vista
Instead of rushing through the Beta Version just to play Graal.
Vista is in RC1 now, which means Release Candidate.

Devil
09-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Wow, it's all fair in reporting bugs for new OS's... but you have to remember Graal isn't stable for new operating systems yet obviously.

I hope it all gets sorted out.

xAndrewx
09-29-2006, 06:42 PM
That's why we report those bugs hahaha

Crono
09-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Vista is in RC1 now, which means Release Candidate.

LOL this isn't your first time completely walking over a nooblet on this forum. =D

KuJi
09-29-2006, 09:08 PM
yay ^^

So Vista is still a problem?

lol... I lost a lot of graal stuffz0riszomgsz.

well.. I had to reinstall Steam aka CS:S + Bf2 =(

Moondeath_2
10-05-2006, 05:14 PM
lol... I lost a lot of graal stuffz0riszomgsz.

well.. I had to reinstall Steam aka CS:S + Bf2 =(

Vista RC1 (Release Cannidate 1) is not only a problem with Graal in general it's also causing problems with some graphic drivers loading, I tried going on secondlife and it says I have out dated drivers or something but when I try installing the geforce vista driver it says my card is not compatible but I could have sworn all geforce's where, I have a intigrated geforce4 and it's also problem with serveral other video games. I'm about ready to switch back to windows xp professional my self. :\

KuJi
10-06-2006, 03:57 AM
Vista RC1 (Release Cannidate 1) is not only a problem with Graal in general it's also causing problems with some graphic drivers loading, I tried going on secondlife and it says I have out dated drivers or something but when I try installing the geforce vista driver it says my card is not compatible but I could have sworn all geforce's where, I have a intigrated geforce4 and it's also problem with serveral other video games. I'm about ready to switch back to windows xp professional my self. :\

My drivers worked fine.. and so does my brothers.

I have ATI, he has some new geforce card =o

Moondeath_2
10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
My drivers worked fine.. and so does my brothers.

I have ATI, he has some new geforce card =o

I can't install the Nvidia x64 vista driver's, it said i'm not on vista once and then another time said I don't meet the requirments or something like that. :mad: