PDA

View Full Version : Work in progress.

SayianOozaru
09-13-2006, 08:29 AM
"Army Test Their New Anti-Mine Tanks."
http://www.plattbridger.myby.co.uk/uploads/tanks.jpg

I plan on designing a tank, such as the one above, with this type of feature. I'm curently browsing Google, finding images to use as a referance. Since my car got died on me today, I've got all day tomarrow, to work on this. I have yet to start it, but I will do so tomarrow, once I have gathered all the pictures I need.

^^

Post your comments. I should either have an outline, or atleast one view finished by tomarrow. I'm hopeing to finish this tomarrow, but knowing me, and my friends, garentee something comes up that keeps me from finishing this :whatever:

Draenin
09-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Please don't make it look exactly like that. I like the idea, but please at least give it a much more serious look, like most of the Zone stuff.

Huwajux
09-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Haha, that's so funny.

Stone_Tower
09-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Maybe make it hover and make hoever take energy and if your energy is gone, then your tank will remain grounded, instead of having a giant spring?

Also great idea and good luck, maybe 4 people per tank? Driver (Also is the only one who can see outside of the tank), Cannon User, Machine Gun user, and 1 or 2 members to just stay in the tank.

Admins
09-13-2006, 10:49 PM
The tank should not be too huge, with two parts which can be rotated separately (the tank itself and on top the canon thingy). May be the tank can hover for some time, but it is a little bit slower than a player.

Stone_Tower
09-13-2006, 10:52 PM
The tank should not be too huge, with two parts which can be rotated separately (the tank itself and on top the canon thingy). May be the tank can hover for some time, but it is a little bit slower than a player.

Which class speed? I would say make it Marine speed.

dude2020
09-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Which class speed? I would say make it Marine speed.Heres better
Speed:marines
Class needed:Heavy Inf.
Damge:Sayian or Stefan Chooses
and w/e else its up to them

Draenin
09-14-2006, 01:48 AM
My take:

Class Needed: Engineer, HeavyInfantry, Marine
Speed: 1/4 speeder acceleration
Damage: 30 (10 more than appirces)
Reload time: 4 seconds, 1.5 second firing stall
Health: 150
Movement type: 4-directional, with pogo action
Artillery type: 40 mm Grenades, with a lower arc and a longer distance than regular mortars.

SayianOozaru
09-14-2006, 02:21 AM
My take:

Draenin, you and math don't mix. ^^
Apprices, do 9 damage per bullet, and have 4 bullets. :D

I'll get to work on it now. :frown:

Wolfey
09-14-2006, 02:47 AM
lol did i inspire u sayian?

SayianOozaru
09-14-2006, 02:50 AM
...no? :confused:

O_O

anyways...i'm still working on it...having trouble figureing out how big it should be...

Draenin
09-14-2006, 03:09 AM
Draenin, you and math don't mix.
Apprices, do 9 damage per bullet, and have 4 bullets. I meant to type Aprippers.

SayianOozaru
09-14-2006, 03:43 AM
lemme know what you think...its not done (the bottom part still needs outlined)

AlaricoMontario
09-14-2006, 03:51 AM
I likes.

pooper200000
09-14-2006, 03:53 AM
yay! I really like it! You need to make a speedr to combat it when you finish it! ;)

SayianOozaru
09-14-2006, 04:02 AM
I meant to type Aprippers.
Aprippers do 20 damage per bullet, and shoot 2 bullets. ^^ ;) :cool:

I likes.
yay! I really like it! You need to make a speedr to combat it when you finish it!

^^ Thanks. I'll hopefully finish it, and another view before I go to bed tonight. Depends on if i go to the gym or not :x

pooper200000
09-14-2006, 04:06 AM
Aprippers do 20 damage per bullet, and shoot 2 bullets. ^^ ;) :cool:

^^ Thanks. I'll hopefully finish it, and another view before I go to bed tonight. Depends on if i go to the gym or not :x
Nah you don't need to your guns are already biigger tahn my calfs :D

Stone_Tower
09-14-2006, 05:54 AM
lemme know what you think...its not done (the bottom part still needs outlined)

I was thinking more or less along the lines of starcraft, when you enter the tank the driver will see an aerial view of the outside, it will be enclosed from the inside making it more like a real tank.

SayianOozaru
09-14-2006, 05:55 AM
Well...I started shading the tank in. While doing so I realized, with big drawings, I get lazy when it comes to shading.lol ^^. This is what I ended up with;

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7301/ex3ri3.png

I decided, since the drawing aboves shading gets lazy, that I would just use the top part, and I end up with this;

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4702/ex4xy7.png

Of course, this one wouldn't be a tank. But it still looks like a vechile. I thought I'd see what you guys think. If you guys don't think the first ones shading is to bad, then I'll continue working on it. If you guys think that the shading is bad, then I'll work on the second one. But if you guys want the first ones outline, then I'll ask some people if they'd like to shade it in. :)

Stone_Tower
09-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Well...I started shading the tank in. While doing so I realized, with big drawings, I get lazy when it comes to shading.lol ^^. This is what I ended up with;

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7301/ex3ri3.png

I decided, since the drawing aboves shading gets lazy, that I would just use the top part, and I end up with this;

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4702/ex4xy7.png

Of course, this one wouldn't be a tank. But it still looks like a vechile. I thought I'd see what you guys think. If you guys don't think the first ones shading is to bad, then I'll continue working on it. If you guys think that the shading is bad, then I'll work on the second one. But if you guys want the first ones outline, then I'll ask some people if they'd like to shade it in. :)

Nice, but it makes me feel exposed :frown:

Maybe add retractable stairs from the side.
Example:
Driver is at the front
Cannon controller is at the top
Stair Control is inside (Makes stairs go up and down, if the stairs are down the tank will land and stop moving)
and some inside passengers.

SayianOozaru
09-14-2006, 08:46 AM
i need to find a way to be patient when shading big things >_< tomarrow after i go looking for a job ( :whatever: ) i'll give it another try...

Draenin
09-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Looks huge, and I fail to see the point of having a person up front without having anything to protect him/herself with. I'd rather not get in a tank just to be blown up within the next few minutes.

Also, you have no pogo action.

Huwajux
09-14-2006, 08:28 PM
If you guys don't think the first ones shading is to bad, then I'll continue working on it.
Personally, I don't think it is 'bad' just different.

Stone_Tower
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Looks huge, and I fail to see the point of having a person up front without having anything to protect him/herself with. I'd rather not get in a tank just to be blown up within the next few minutes.

Also, you have no pogo action.

Maybe have a small glass shield protect the driver?

MisterMastermind
09-14-2006, 11:48 PM
My take:

Reload time: 4 seconds, 1.5 second firing stall
Health: 150
Movement type: 4-directional, with pogo action
Artillery type: 40 mm Grenades, with a lower arc and a longer distance than regular mortars.
Nobody likes you, therefore you're take is null. :)
Important take:

Class needed: Engineer, HeavyInfantry, Marine, Sapper
Speed: 70% speed of mech.
Damage: 190% damage of mech stomp.
Health: 225
Movement type: 4 directional
Artillery type: 40mm grenades, explodes on impact after moving X amount of tile away, crossbow distance is where it loses enough speed to hit the ground, appirces distance is where it goes over them.
Use: Long range removal of mechs.

anubis_wing
09-15-2006, 02:48 AM
Weeeeee bouncing tanks of joy :D

dude2020
09-15-2006, 02:51 AM
Weeeeee bouncing tanks of joy :Dwhen the hell u started posting again XD

Draenin
09-15-2006, 06:53 AM
Nobody likes you, therefore you're take is null. You say this like it's something nobody realizes. I always like to think that, for the most part, I am the forums' lightning rod of hate.

Wolfey
09-15-2006, 10:46 PM
...no? :confused:

O_O

anyways...i'm still working on it...having trouble figureing out how big it should be...
before you submitted thsi remember i was telling u of a tank idea xD

Wolfey
09-15-2006, 10:48 PM
um if this is going to be for ircia use this color sceme

White/Light Gray

u know little more camo flage make it look like a Arctic tank xD
but i love the lay out

Stone_Tower
09-15-2006, 11:35 PM
um if this is going to be for ircia use this color sceme

White/Light Gray

u know little more camo flage make it look like a Arctic tank xD
but i love the lay out

Also maybe for added shading add some various light colored blues.

MisterMastermind
09-16-2006, 12:00 AM
You say this like it's something nobody realizes. I always like to think that, for the most part, I am the forums' lightning rod of hate.
I was kidding. S:

SayianOozaru
09-16-2006, 01:17 AM
im still working on it...i get bored easily...so i kinda gotta do a small peice each time im on the comp...theres a football game tonight though, and i got the car til 11...so dont expect me on til then :D

Huwajux
09-18-2006, 10:41 PM
You say this like it's something nobody realizes. I always like to think that, for the most part, I am the forums' lightning rod of hate.
I love you. :(