PDA

View Full Version : New Mech system and more!

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 02:31 AM
I was playing Guild Wars and I have noticed mechs are rather powerful, but also very unrealistic. Once they are damaged the effect does not show on the machine. I was thinking something like this:

Mechs starting hp: 300 (roughly, im not sure the exact health)
300 health: Mechs are fine.
200 health: Mechs stomping damaged is reduced by 20 and their speed is reduced by 2 tiles a second.
100 health: Mechs shooting cannon is disabled and their speed is reduced by 2 more tiles a second.
99 health and under: Mechs stomping damage is reduced by another 10 points and their speed is very slow, it will only travel 2 tiles a second at this rate. Also electrons, beams and tazebombs wont effect it because the mechanics are gone. The machine should be easy to kill now because it is slow and weak.

Traning Stations: Maybe we should have a training station map made completely for training.
Melee Training: This station warps you to a large area with multiple robot enemies. Their are 5 stages:
Stage 1:
-Test Dummies-(Their will be 3 dummies)
300 health points
0 attack damage
scout speed
Stage 2:
-Alien-(Their will be 1 alien)
80 health
Muramasa
scout speed
Stage 3:
-Robot-(Their will be 1 robot)
100 health
Plasma Saber
scout speed
Stage 4:
-Android-(Their will be 1 android)
120 health
Beam
scout speed
Stage 5:
-Human Soldier-(Their will be 1 human soldier)
200 health
Reapers
scout speed

The stations will be melee, rifles, pistoles and firesupport. You will be equiped with every weapon for melee, rifles, pistoles and firesuport once you enter that named training station. (You wont recieve any event or buyable items unless you already have them)

Note: Only 1 person can enter a training station at the same time, they have 5 minutes to complete the task, and only p2p members can enter the training stations.

Note #2: Each training station is the same, they have the same tasks, each traning station takes on the same enemies. The only difference is the change in weapons you will use and they will use, for Rifles they will use photon cannon all the time. For Pistoles they will use apprippers all the time and for fire support they will use flamethrower and lavagun combo. Also for melee they will use mixed weapons as shown above.

pooper200000
09-08-2006, 02:39 AM
I was playing Guild Wars and I have noticed mechs are rather powerful, but also very unrealistic. Once they are damaged the effect does not show on the machine. I was thinking something like this:

200 health: Mechs stomping damaged is reduced by 20 and their speed is reduced by 2 tiles a second.
100 health: Mechs shooting cannon is disabled and their speed is reduced by 2 more tiles a second.
99 health and under: Mechs stomping damage is reduced by another 10 points and their speed is very slow, it will only travel 2 tiles a second at this rate. Also electrons, beams and tazebombs wont effect it because the mechanics are gone. The machine should be easy to kill now because it is slow and weak.

Its easy to kill anyway why make it worse?
Traning Stations: Maybe we should have a training station map made completely for training.
Melee Training: This station warps you to a large area with multiple robot enemies. Their are 5 stages:
Stage 1:
-Test Dummies-(Their will be 3 dummies)
300 health points
0 attack damage
scout speed
Stage 2:
-Alien-(Their will be 1 alien)
80 health
Muramasa
scout speed
Stage 3:
-Robot-(Their will be 1 robot)
100 health
Plasma Saber
scout speed
Stage 4:
-Android-(Their will be 1 android)
120 health
Beam
scout speed
Stage 5:
-Human Soldier-(Their will be 1 human soldier)
200 health
Reapers
scout speed

NO need for dummies playing sayain level people and down works jsut as well play the spar bot.

The stations will be melee, rifles, pistoles and firesupport. You will be equiped with every weapon for melee, rifles, pistoles and firesuport once you enter that named training station. (You wont recieve any event or buyable items unless you already have them)

Note: Only 1 person can enter a training station at the same time, they have 5 minutes to complete the task, and only p2p members can enter the training stations.

Note #2: Each training station is the same, they have the same tasks, each traning station takes on the same enemies. The only difference is the change in weapons you will use and they will use, for Rifles they will use photon cannon all the time. For Pistoles they will use apprippers all the time and for fire support they will use flamethrower and lavagun combo. Also for melee they will use mixed weapons as shown above. NO need noobs can get good on spar against other noobs. Even good palyers can do that. Just fighting overpowered weaps and a lavagun would be pointless.
I don't agree with much of this it isn't needed and would be pointless

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 02:42 AM
The idea was to help new p2p members, such as myself. You dont learn so much when your going up against veteran people. Mechs are also overpowered. Kill one without an electron, beam or taze bomb...it's impossiable.

Also I came up with 2 more things.

1) A trade system, you can trade the followowing items for a profit or a gift.
-Blue Rifle-
-Red Rifle-
-Photon Cannon-
-Red Pistole-
-Blue Pistole-
-Reapers-
-Money-

2) I think we need more staff members, their hardly ever on. I only know that Vulcan is a staff member, I dont know anyone else.

pooper200000
09-08-2006, 03:06 AM
The idea was to help new p2p members, such as myself. You dont learn so much when your going up against veteran people. Mechs are also overpowered. Kill one without an electron, beam or taze bomb...it's impossiable.

Also I came up with 2 more things.

1) A trade system, you can trade the followowing items for a profit or a gift.
-Blue Rifle-
-Red Rifle-
-Photon Cannon-
-Red Pistole-
-Blue Pistole-
-Reapers-
-Money-

2) I think we need more staff members, their hardly ever on. I only know that Vulcan is a staff member, I dont know anyone else.
No prizes aren't given away theres a thread about that i don't liek the idea of a trade system on zone there owuld be too much trial p2p relationshiops and the staff are
stefan=owner
vulcan=cool zone admin
huwajux and crono=Best senior Et's ever!

oh and when i was new i was better than most of the senior p2p's etc for the legends and elites

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 03:08 AM
No prizes aren't given away theres a thread about that i don't liek the idea of a trade system on zone there owuld be too much trial p2p relationshiops and the staff are
stefan=owner
vulcan=cool zone admin
huwajux and crono=Best senior Et's ever!

oh and when i was new i was better than most of the senior p2p's etc for the legends and elites

Let the p2p's give away their weapons to the trials.........they will just lose it when they log off....Plus maybe make it so trials cant give or recieve items/money

pooper200000
09-08-2006, 03:09 AM
thatd be a lot of work and why would p2p's want to really trade around?

Leoxx
09-08-2006, 03:12 AM
we really dont need the traning bots though, like wat pooper said, just go to the spar world. i can down 15 noobs teaming me at once, and still live (barely). so i doubt the spar bots would be ne different

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 04:29 AM
thatd be a lot of work and why would p2p's want to really trade around?

Lets say I have Blue Pistole's and you have Red Pistole's, I want Red Pistole's and you want Blue Pistole's and the next event wont be hosted for months...this solves that problem.

Also the training is for new people and for practice. You can take down 30 people, that doesnt mean your good. Beating better players means your good, this will rarely happen if you are new to the server. Plus sparring bot always has more then 1 person in it.

Draenin
09-08-2006, 04:52 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about creating a mech-only planet. If so, I'd totally be with you.

MisterMastermind
09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Two thumbs down.

Crono
09-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Mechs were first released on Zone Wars. There it was critical for light side to gang bang mechs. I'm not joking, people actually teamworked. While the medium skilled/pros did the jetpack/lightsabre enemy base, the nublets and teamworkers gathered up. Usually 2 would electron while the rest light sabre.

I don't see why today's population couldn't do the same on GWARS. Actually I can see why, because Zone's IQ dropped since then which even back then I thought was impossible.

Huwajux
09-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I quite like these ideas. I will see about them.

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Since I dont know how to multiple quote I will just label who im talking to.

Draenin, that idea isnt so bad. An all mechs planet would be fun.

Mistermastermind, you say two thumbs down, but why? You wanted mechs taken away because of when the operator logs off. I do bealive this fixes that problem, and it doesnt hurt to try new things.

Huwajux, thanks for your positive criticizim.

dude2020
09-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Mistermastermind, you say two thumbs down, but why? You wanted mechs taken away because of when the operator logs off. I do bealive this fixes that problem, and it doesnt hurt to try new thingsima just say this When Gwers came out mechs ruined it badly z.z then stefan lowed the hp (didnt help much) and i still think it ruins Gwers becuz ppl like FireChamp uses them so he can relog w/ bounty still intact for 100% sure

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 09:36 PM
ima just say this When Gwers came out mechs ruined it badly z.z then stefan lowed the hp (didnt help much) and i still think it ruins Gwers becuz ppl like FireChamp uses them so he can relog w/ bounty still intact for 100% sure

As much as im not a big fan of mechs, they will unfortuneately never be removed, so you might as well suggest as much as you can to fix them. Mechs are not lame by any means, but this will hopefully make them more reasonable to kill.

dude2020
09-08-2006, 09:38 PM
As much as im not a big fan of mechs, they will unfortuneately never be removed, so you might as well suggest as much as you can to fix them. Mechs are not lame by any means, but this will hopefully make them more reasonable to kill.u keep making these suggestions then Mechs will become underpowed z.z like Reapers

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 09:43 PM
u keep making these suggestions then Mechs will become underpowed z.z like Reapers

Reapers arnt unpowered, they are very strong. Sword/Gun combo.......

Anyway's im not making mechs super weak, they are basically the same until they get under 100 hp.

Leoxx
09-08-2006, 09:44 PM
You can take down 30 people, that doesnt mean your good.
the only challenge i usually get with one on one is im fighting one of these ppl:
Typhoon
Zethrin
Violent J (only because he strafes :whatever: )
John
and 15 nooblets (i could probly take down 30 if there only using knifes)

i think thats all the ppl who can acually kill me

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 09:55 PM
the only challenge i usually get with one on one is im fighting one of these ppl:
Typhoon
Zethrin
John

I didnt ask who you can beat.

Leoxx
09-08-2006, 10:03 PM
what im saying is, is that there is no need to have melee training bots, either your good with melee or your not. the training bots wont do crap, u wont get ne better, so theres no sense in having them. the gun bots MIGHT work, so i wont argue with that. but like i was trying to say is that u got to fight real ppl for u to get good. i use to suck with plasmasabre, now im in the top 5 players with it. (not in kills though, i mean skill) u just got to keep using it to get better. like i said, training bots wont do ****

dude2020
09-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Reapers arnt unpowered, they are very strong. Sword/Gun combo.......idiot hush up Repaers are WAY under powered the sword maybe do 46 damge but the freeze time and the bullet is 14 damge with LOW RANGE

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 10:29 PM
what im saying is, is that there is no need to have melee training bots, either your good with melee or your not. the training bots wont do crap, u wont get ne better, so theres no sense in having them. the gun bots MIGHT work, so i wont argue with that. but like i was trying to say is that u got to fight real ppl for u to get good. i use to suck with plasmasabre, now im in the top 5 players with it. (not in kills though, i mean skill) u just got to keep using it to get better. like i said, training bots wont do ****

They are still helpful, they will provide support without the deaths.......

and John, you get flamed because you flame, stop being an idiot and post resposibly.

dude2020
09-08-2006, 10:31 PM
John, you get flamed because you flame, stop being an idiot and post resposibly.Crono start flaming first all becuz im an idiot on forums

Leoxx
09-08-2006, 10:32 PM
I Like Chocolate Milk!

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Crono start flaming first all becuz im an idiot on forums

I wouldnt dissagree with his opoinion. Please get back on topic though, do you like it or not, pleas tell why.

dude2020
09-08-2006, 10:37 PM
I wouldnt dissagree with his opoinion..........Well maybe jsut maybe some ppl aint smart he needs to get used to it z.z and i'd love to start falmming with ya but im not going to

dude2020
09-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I Like Chocolate Milk!all i have to say is :spam: and Strawberry milk pwns it >=O

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Well maybe jsut maybe some ppl aint smart he needs to get used to it z.z and i'd love to start falmming with ya but im not going to

Everyone is smart unless you have a mental problem, unfortuneately some people do, I do not think you have one of those problems, I think you are just lazy.

dude2020
09-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Everyone is smartNo They're not z.z but i am Lazy

MisterMastermind
09-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Mistermastermind, you say two thumbs down, but why? You wanted mechs taken away because of when the operator logs off. I do bealive this fixes that problem, and it doesnt hurt to try new things.

I'm all for the new Mech system part. I serverely dislike the "and more".

MisterMastermind
09-08-2006, 10:58 PM
idiot hush up Repaers are WAY under powered the sword maybe do 46 damge but the freeze time and the bullet is 14 damge with LOW RANGE
You called him an idiot. AHAHAHAHAHAH! Reapers are fine. It takes skill to use them, you can't just luck out.

Stone_Tower
09-08-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm all for the new Mech system part. I serverely dislike the "and more".

Well that really was'nt one of my best ideas, I can see why you dont like that one. But I honestly think zone needs this new mech system.

pooper200000
09-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Typhoon
Zethrin
John

Forgot me or do I need to open acan of supernanny butt on you?

Pss.... It smells bad! :) oh and reaps aren't underpowered if you don't like them get over it.

Sulukra
09-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Mechs were first released on Zone Wars. There it was critical for light side to gang bang mechs. I'm not joking, people actually teamworked. While the medium skilled/pros did the jetpack/lightsabre enemy base, the nublets and teamworkers gathered up. Usually 2 would electron while the rest light sabre.

I don't see why today's population couldn't do the same on GWARS. Actually I can see why, because Zone's IQ dropped since then which even back then I thought was impossible.

See, not all classes on Gwars have the sabre and electron. Back in Zone wars, the only good weapons the light side even had were the sabre and the electron.

Huwajux
09-09-2006, 02:39 PM
supernanny butt
Don't make me picture that.

Stone_Tower
09-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Some more ideas:

AirStike(Could'nt think of a good name)
Description: Mechanical wings that make you fly, more like a jet, this makes you fly straight through the air like you are a bullet. However, different from Jet Packs, you can use guns while on this mechanism. However, You can only use Rifles while on this mechanism, and not pistoles or any other weapons.
Tile(s) Per Second: 15(?)
Cost: 10,000
Usuage: Irica, Koth, Guild Wars, Alpha and Wildcross.
S Key: Fly up, and fly sideways
D Key: Rifle Shooting

Note: When using this mechanism, it will take away both energy and health.
It will take about 2 energy points per second and 2 health points per second.

Banshee Plasmic Sword:
Description: A sword that does a great deal of damage to both sides of the targets.
Cost: 5,000
Usuage: All Planets
Power: 32
S Key: Regular Swing, this takes away 2 hp and 5 energy from self.
D Key: Sends out a wave of energy, this takes away 5 hp and 10 energy from self.

dude2020
09-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Some more ideas:

AirStike(Could'nt think of a good name)
Description: Mechanical wings that make you fly, more like a jet, this makes you fly straight through the air like you are a bullet. However, different from Jet Packs, you can use guns while on this mechanism. However, You can only use Rifles while on this mechanism, and not pistoles or any other weapons.
Tile(s) Per Second: 15(?)
Cost: 10,000
Usuage: Irica, Koth, Guild Wars, Alpha and Wildcross.
S Key: Fly up, and fly sideways
D Key: Rifle Shooting Idea maded already by Jesse (jkool666)

Banshee Plasmic Sword:
Description: A sword that does a great deal of damage to both sides of the targets.
Cost: 5,000
Usuage: All Planets
Power: 32
S Key: Regular Swing, this takes away 2 hp and 5 energy from self.
D Key: Sends out a wave of energy, this takes away 5 hp and 10 energy from self. sounds like a Halo wep z.z

Sulukra
09-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Idea maded already by Jesse (jkool666)

No, just a weapon with the same name. The idea is pretty different.

dude2020
09-09-2006, 09:34 PM
No, just a weapon with the same name. The idea is pretty different.i still think its a whole lot simmiler (spelt wrong so sue me)

Stone_Tower
09-10-2006, 12:19 AM
i still think its a whole lot simmiler (spelt wrong so sue me)

Please tell me where this idea was posted and then please quote and paste the idea description.

dude2020
09-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Please tell me where this idea was posted and then please quote and paste the idea description.better yet ill just post the thread link http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67056

Stone_Tower
09-10-2006, 12:42 AM
better yet ill just post the thread link http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67056

Same name, different idea. Also I had'nt joined the fourums yet when he posted that.

someonesomewhere
09-10-2006, 02:03 AM
better yet ill just post the thread link http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67056
completely different

Sulukra
09-10-2006, 02:24 AM
Reapers are fine. It takes skill to use them, you can't just luck out.

Then why can Cor use them? D:

MisterMastermind
09-10-2006, 02:26 AM
Oh, so you wanna ask those kinds of questions? Ok, I can play like that... Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

pooper200000
09-10-2006, 02:32 AM
brocoli!

Stone_Tower
09-10-2006, 05:12 AM
Liquid Metal Bomb
-Explodes into 5 liquid explosions
-Turns an enemy into stone (liquid metal) if it makes contact, lasts 1.2 seconds
-Costs 5 per bomb
-Usuable with any class

Sulukra
09-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Liquid Metal Bomb
-Turns an enemy into stone (liquid metal) if it makes contact, lasts 1.2 seconds
-Costs 5 per bomb
-Usuable with any class

Hopefully they wouldn't take damage while being in liquid metal, since they're y'know, covered in metal?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Which came first, Sulukra's deaths or Cor's kills?

someonesomewhere
09-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Hopefully they wouldn't take damage while being in liquid metal, since they're y'know, covered in metal?

Which came first, Sulukra's deaths or Cor's kills?
If you hit them with flamethrower, they could melt though :]

Sulukra's deaths come first, since he is automatically assumed dead upon entering any pk zone ;o

Sulukra
09-10-2006, 06:05 AM
If you hit them with flamethrower, they could melt though :]

Sulukra's deaths come first, since he is automatically assumed dead upon entering any pk zone ;o

Except by the time the 1.2 seconds are up, it'd be sorta useless.

And they both came at the same time, COUGH COUGH.

Stone_Tower
09-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Added on to the idea, it lasts 2.2 seconds, and it does no damage to the incased target, unless you use a flamethrower on them, then it melts the casing and does 60 damage but will continue with the flame.

someonesomewhere
09-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I -just- noticed this post. Do I need to own you with gravitron again? >:]

dude2020
09-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Liquid Metal Bomb
-Costs 5 per bomb
-Usuable with any classthat sounds like Grav Bomb that is a event item and will or will be done

Stone_Tower
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
that sounds like Grav Bomb that is a event item and will or will be done

Really? Sounds cool

SayianOozaru
09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
i made that grav bomb SO LONG AGO...i forgot about that lol...

dude2020
09-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Really? Sounds coolthe Graph's are Shown here:http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/117/zonegrenadegraviationby7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

SayianOozaru
09-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Wow...I really should re-do those lol. x_x

someonesomewhere
09-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Wow...I really should re-do those lol. x_x
Redo them then :p

Stone_Tower
09-10-2006, 11:32 PM
the Graph's are Shown here:http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/117/zonegrenadegraviationby7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Looks like a web-cam.

jkool666
09-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Looks like a web-cam.
I shall call it, Web Cam bomb...

Stone_Tower
09-11-2006, 12:16 AM
I shall call it, Web Cam bomb...

It could take pictures of parts your not in ;) like a spy came :D.

dude2020
09-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Wow...I really should re-do those lol. x_xbut u dont GFX for zone no more that inculdes editing ;)

SayianOozaru
09-11-2006, 06:23 AM
I could Gfx for Zone whenever I want to ;)

Which means if I want to do a Gfx, I WILL :D

dude2020
09-11-2006, 09:25 PM
I could Gfx for Zone whenever I want to ;)

Which means if I want to do a Gfx, I WILL :DSure ;) w/e u say

SayianOozaru
09-11-2006, 10:23 PM
>:3

thats it, me and you, in pool, now! :D

thats the only thing i play on graal...minus poker xd

dude2020
09-13-2006, 12:26 AM
>:3

thats it, me and you, in pool, now! :D

thats the only thing i play on graal...minus poker xdNah me own u at both