PDA

View Full Version : String being trimmed when I don't want it to?

ChibiChibiLuc
09-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Due to a 'typo,' an item's name was set as 'Gold Platemail '
Notice the extra space at the end.
The string holding the number of Gold Platemail I have is set as 'Gold Platemail =3' in attributes. Notice the space again.

When the system goes to load the archetype of 'Gold Platemail,' it trims out the space even though I didn't tell it to. This causes a bug. The systems look for the stats of 'Gold Platemail ' but they're saved as 'Gold Platemail' so it doesn't find them.

I tried to make an NPC convert all 'Gold Platemail ' strings to 'Gold Platemail' but the NPC automatically trims the space off the end..

Any ideas?

xXziroXx
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Try substring'ing it?

Admins
09-08-2006, 01:26 AM
What script operation is trimming the string?

ApothiX
09-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Why don't you just rename the archetype? If it has an error in it's name like that it should be renamed anyway x_x

Yen
09-11-2006, 08:56 PM
That's the problem.
It automatically trims the space, so even if I rename the archetype to have a space it will be trimmed.

if (clientr.(@"item-Gold Platemail ").size() >= 1) {
clientr.(@"item-Gold Platemail") = {clientr.(@"item-Gold Platemail")[0] + clientr.(@"item-Gold Platemail ")[0],"armor/chest/goldplatemail"};
clientr.(@"item-Gold Platemail ") = "";
}

Admins
09-12-2006, 12:51 AM
I still don't understand where exactly your problem is, I would need to know when it is trimming your strings and when it is not.

ChibiChibiLuc
09-12-2006, 02:52 AM
To anyone still interested:
Stefan found out that you can find if the player has an instance of the string with the space (Gold Platemail ) by using getstringkeys("clientr.item-Gold Platemail").

After that, I figured out you can do something like this:
temp.gpmstring = "clientr.item-Gold Platemail ";
clientr.("item-Gold Platemail") = {makevar(temp.gpmstring)[0],"armor/chest/goldplatemail"};