PDA

View Full Version : I think this deserves its own thread...

Pago
03-28-2001, 07:36 AM
I think Graal could have a system in which each player has his/her own special move that they could use in combat or in quests. This move would be activated using some other button than the orignal three, maybe the F key or somefink like that. Anyway, anytime during the game, each player would be able to choose their special move from a list, or they could make their own. They'd only get one chance to choose, and the special moves would have to be balanced. As in, no super duper blast thing that kills everyone in one hit (Although Elven Lands would probably be drooling over somefink like that :rolleyes: )

Here's how you'd make your own move:

Graal could have an external program like Graal Shop where you start off with bomy or a human in a viewer window. If other races are uploaded, you'd get the chance to view that race as well. Anyway, each "limb" of the race would be a seperate sprite, and the sprites wouldn't be derived from sprites1.png (Instead, they'd be built in with the program). Also, there'd be a frame-slider on the bottom of the screen like Graal shop.

In the program, you'd be able to rotate and move around the limbs in each frame. The program could also have special hidden sprites that are visible in the program, but not in the game. These sprites would be the ones that hurt the other player, or trigger the switch, or unlock the door, etc. Once you place a special sprite, a menu would pop up, and you'd be able to set the sprite's function.

Another feature would allow you to import sprites (Like Graal Shop ), for beams, blasts, and what not. And after the entire move animation is done, you'd be able to set the move's attributes (i.e. the power of the special sprites that hurt the other players, the speed of the move, and anything else that would make it more fair or more effective in the game).

When the entire thing is done, it would be cool if you could send it in via an autosubmitter on the G2k1 website. If the move seems balanced, you'd be able to use it in the game!

Maybe creating such a program would only require modifying Graal Shop, but either way it would be awesome. No NPC skill needed to create a special move, only creativity. Having special moves in Graal would vary players' fighting tactics, as well as adding on to the customizable aspect of the game. Each player could have a special move that compliments their fighting style.

FatherDante
03-28-2001, 10:31 AM
But Graalshop can already make ganis, and you can program the rest with regular graalscript!

Besides that, this was my exact idea! >:O

Psyker
03-28-2001, 10:50 AM
Some of my idea is in there, too.

Lion'el-Jonson
03-28-2001, 11:13 AM
Thats w00tasitc

Nai
03-28-2001, 12:44 PM
god damnit. That was my idea but with Bomies.

Lycia
03-28-2001, 01:24 PM
I think personal and custom ganis would be an ideal method of making things your own instead of having every one else doing it.

Pago
03-28-2001, 08:53 PM
Heh, I didn't know that I was implementing everyone else's ideas into this thread ;)

But I think giving the gani maker those capabilities would allow the more creative Graalians (who can't script for beans I might add) to make a special move without pulling on Ace or Kyle's sleeve. Plus, I think it would also add a new interesting twist to fighting.

psihunter
03-29-2001, 12:23 PM
that idea totally rocks

funny i thot about that idea like this morning

I think someone has our heads linked
or we are just simply know what we want in a game =)

Lion'el-Jonson
03-29-2001, 12:26 PM
I guess its because since the game is already very customizable we want more :D

Admins
03-31-2001, 05:25 AM
Yes I thought of some additional gani functions
for hurting (which would work like hitobjects)
May with different attack modes, like one that
is only hurting players/npcs/baddies, one
that is destroying bushes or bombs

In a previous thread on the main board
someone suggested to have the sword custom,
so each player could have its own default attack

I am not sure if all attacks should have the same
power, but it would probably be better because
when we allow more powerful attacks then everyone
will use it and we would need to make quests
for each weapon/attack gani

Pago
03-31-2001, 06:07 AM
I agree. If the additions to the gani program were made, the more powerful attacks should require closer attention in the submission process. If someone makes a powerful attack, it should have either slowness, a small range, or inaccuracy to balance it out.

But I'm also fine with having each attack deal the same amount of damage, as long as there's still room for creativity :D

psihunter
04-01-2001, 03:40 AM
what if to use the attack u must obtain and spefic amount of damage

Should change the Hearts into a sort of hit point scale like Bomys. (makes more sense to have that cus speical attacks should do damage which creates more damage that your normal sword) let's say this
I have a Fire Rain Special attack with Attack Damage: 1.0% of a person Hit Points, Radius: Large, Time which speical attack in effect 5 secs. altho damage is small radius is large and which can give a spefic amount of damage which would give the caster a good chance to kill his enemy. Of course im just brain storming ideas for a kewl attack.
(if u cant make sense of what i just said dont worry is just gibberish)

Lion'el-Jonson
04-01-2001, 06:29 AM
The Gani addition would be leet! And it could include invert versions of the body so we could to flips and stuffs!

Pago
04-01-2001, 09:08 AM
That would be cool :D

Imagine, sparring fights in which each sparrer doesn't know their partner's special move, and they'd practice evading it many times before the match once they do.

Crono Illusion
04-01-2001, 10:05 AM
To balance the attacks, I'd suggest making a "Power Meter" similar to that of games like Marvel VS. Capcom 2 or Power Stone 2, so that the attacks were either powerful and took a lot of power from the meter, or didn't consume as much and weren't as powerful.
Then, you could build the power meter by dealing and taking damage, and use them like the Super Moves in Marvel VS. Capcom 2. It'd make the system very balanced, and still keep it usable.

crbgraal
04-02-2001, 03:53 AM
We could just use the MP meader part of state.png.

Pago
04-02-2001, 04:01 AM
I think it would be better if the program didn't use state.png or any other external graphics, just built in ones. (Except for when you import sprites, of course :) )

If all the default sprites weren't based on an external file, we'd be able to rotate them, etc.

Immitat0r
04-02-2001, 08:43 PM
Im to lazy to read that long post, so whatever it is I agree and want a recount :) but hurting ganis as I red somehwere sounds like a good idea, more anhimation = more better = more glitches!

FatherDante
04-05-2001, 05:11 PM
Yeah, this is my brainchild, and Stefan doesn't appreciate me for it! ;_;

It's okay, I'll be happy anyway as soon as Dante-magic 1 and 2 are mine to use... I want to be able to heal people.

Psyker
04-06-2001, 01:24 PM
Bah, same here Dante.
Anyways,

creativity = good!

Lion'el-Jonson
04-06-2001, 01:59 PM
I wanna do matrix stuffs and do kicks in the air!

Psyker
04-06-2001, 03:46 PM
Then, I would pull out my super-intergalactical-death-ray...