PDA

View Full Version : Client-RC updates

Skyld
09-07-2006, 12:05 AM
This thread contains the latest updates and bugs related to Client-RC. Some features maybe only work on Rudora, other servers will probably be updated soon.

Updates and resolved problems

- serveroption 'restrictclientrctoweapons=weapon,weapon' to restrict client-rc access to certain weapons
- NC messages are always sent via the gserver, which means that clientrcs also receive NC messages
- script compiler output is always sent now, including when a normal RC is not online
- ability to disconnect players added (must specify player ID, reason optional)
- ability to reset players added
- ability to edit playerflags and playerweapons individually added
- reading ban history, staff activity, editing comments works
- ability to ban and unban players using the new system has been added using sendtext("lister", "getban", ...) and "setban".
- ability to send admin messages has been added
- viewing npc attributes and editing npc flags has been added
- editing of player's chest attributes has been added
- clientside onPlayerLogout() is called when a player is disconnected from the server using sendtext("disconnect", ... (I think)
- better feedback when you try requesttext("clientrc", 1); as to whether or not it worked, and if not an error such as "Your ip is not listed in the ip ranges"
- ability to add database npcs

Bugs and problems

- PC ID is not always sent correctly when using getban
- when using RC commands like /opencomments, onReceiveText() is not triggered. This is not really a large problem since the Scripted RC can interpret the /commands before sending them to the gserver but it might be useful
- on servers where npcrights=false, scripts cannot be loaded unless you still have the rights (rw NPCS/*, etc)
- people can still load the list of NPCs, classes and weapons when they do not have NPC-Control right
- there is no way of determining what the next available DB NPC ID is

Suggestions

None so far!

Matt
09-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Nice. I can't wait for the update on every server. :)

xXziroXx
09-07-2006, 08:34 PM
So, the Client RC is usuable on any server? If so, how?

KuJi
09-07-2006, 08:39 PM

Currently these new features only work on Rudora, other servers will probably be updated soon.

=)

Skyld
09-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Client-RC works on every server yes, but these new features currently do not.

You can start Client-RC using:
requesttext("clientrc", 1);
After, you can use sendtorc() clientside to feed RC chat. To receive RC chat:
function onRCChat(temp.text)
{
//
}
Similarly you can use requesttext(texttype, textoption); and sendtext(texttype, textoption, textlines); to send commands and use the following to get the results:
function onReceiveText(temp.texttype, temp.textoption, temp.textlines)
{
//
}

xXziroXx
09-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Ok, logging on the Client RC is no problem.

New Client-RC: Ziro (xXziroXx)

But I cant open it on client, probably because I dont know how. So, how?

KuJi
09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Ok, logging on the Client RC is no problem.

New Client-RC: Ziro (xXziroXx)

But I cant open it on client, probably because I dont know how. So, how?

Hey, why don't you search for the Client-RC script that was released by stefan?

When you requesttext("clientrc", 1); that just basically allows you to use sendtext/requesttext commands for the RC. (like recieving files, changing rights - ban etc..)

Skyld
09-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Eventually I will release my scripted RC script, but probably only when it is near complete or the other npcservers have been updated to support the new commands.

Skyld
10-02-2006, 12:41 AM
A lot of features are working now such as total attribute editing and all other features listed at the top of this thread, it should not be long before I can release the first versions of the script. :)

Some older screenshots are here, will release more tomorrow: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68912

Rapidwolve
10-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Client-RC works on every server yes, but these new features currently do not.

They work on Kudosai o_O

Skyld
10-02-2006, 10:25 AM
They work on Kudosai o_O
Could be that the npcserver has been uploaded to other servers, I noticed that some features were working on the login server the other day.

KuJi
10-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Could be that the npcserver has been uploaded to other servers, I noticed that some features were working on the login server the other day.

There were updates for the client-RC which changes the sending of RC-chat to and from the npcserver, it requires restart of both gserver and npcserver. Will may be restart all servers tomorrow to avoid future problems with that.

^---^ Read <- Could be it?

Skyld
10-02-2006, 05:56 PM
^---^ Read <- Could be it?
Yeah, could be.

KuJi
10-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah, could be.

lol =P

Skyld
12-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Please add some feedback for requesttext("clientrc", 1) so that we know if admin rights are missing, IP ranges are wrong, or if it logged in successfully.

This would be useful for disabling the Scripted RC when rights aren't available.

Admins
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
It is returning if enabling the clientrc was successful i think, similar to when you connect with normal RC. Or do you want an exact error message ?

excaliber7388
12-03-2006, 10:23 PM
I can't wait to start scripting again :D

Skyld
12-03-2006, 11:01 PM
I can't wait to start scripting again :D
Eventually the RC can maybe be added when you pass through the login server, we'll have to see about that. It currently does that for me, and only appears on servers that you have RC access to.

excaliber7388
12-04-2006, 03:09 AM
What about dev servers?

Admins
12-09-2006, 02:47 AM
You can ask Skyld for the script to be put on your server I guess :)

godofwarares
12-12-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm working on my own client-rc :o

Can anyone give me suggestions or w/e? x)

Lao_Su2
01-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Where can we download this Skyld

Skyld
01-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Currently you cannot, I am waiting upon Stefan to add some things into the gserver before I release it.

excaliber7388
01-10-2007, 02:50 AM
Currently you cannot, I am waiting upon Stefan to add some things into the gserver before I release it.
It's better than using a bunch of unfinished ones.
Right now, I'm using RW's 'rc' for chat and checking the out put from npcs, Joey's nc, and Stefan's online leveleditor.
So I can't create new anything, only edit what I have.
Basically, not helpful for MAKING a new server x_X
I'd take it, even in an unfinished form it's still so much better than what I have to do now.
Unless Mac gets a good level editor, I may be dropping Graal completely.