PDA

View Full Version : Gmap Trouble

Raelyn
09-06-2006, 12:26 PM
I am having problems with my gmap. I can't get it to display as a gmap in the level editor, I thought the command for this was "loadmap name;" but apparently I'm mistaken because thats not working.

Also, on the server, the gmap isn't displaying graphics/npcs, it's not reacting to update level, and it's not detecting signs that I have placed.

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it.

Crono
09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Ok. Offline it -SHOULD- work. Try this:

Put the GMAP and all it's levels in one folder. In the very first level (a1 usually) add loadmap yourgmapnamehereWITHOUT.GMAP;.

For example:

if (playerenters) {
loadmap lolimcool;
}

It should work offline. Once that works we'll start with online =]

xXziroXx
09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Uhm..

1) Create a .txt document in your graal folder named "loadgmaps.txt"

2) Add the name of the GMAP in it (without the .gmap extentsion)

3) Open Graal and voilá! If it doesnt work, your gmap is 'broken'

Raelyn
09-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Ok, I fixed it offline, I managed to figure out what was wrong. I already had a loadgmaps.txt from a previous Gmap with the same name which I have long since deleted, so I deleted the text file and remade it exactly the same and then loadmap worked again.

Now how would I fix it online?

xXziroXx
09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
* Correct order to install a gmap:
1) Upload the GMAP.
2) Add the gmap name without the extention in the serveroptions under gmaps=
3) Upload the levels of the gmap.

Eventually restart the npcserver or gserver, it can happen when the gmap is adding incorrectly (first the gmap should be uploaded and added to the server options, then the map part levels)

Good luck!

Raelyn
09-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Good luck!

Thank you Ziro, as usual you have saved the day and been incredibly helpful. I restarted the server and all is well with the world now.

I will be erecting a statue or some sort of monument to you on Aetherforge for all your help over the months. So once we're hosted or classic you should stop by and check it out, roar.

xXziroXx
09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Thank you Ziro, as usual you have saved the day and been incredibly helpful. I restarted the server and all is well with the world now.

I will be erecting a statue or some sort of monument to you on Aetherforge for all your help over the months. So once we're hosted or classic you should stop by and check it out, roar.

*bows* glad I could be of assistance.

Raelyn
09-10-2006, 04:04 AM
Ok, I am working with the gmap and realized that for some reason, tiles are coming up on the gmap that were from an old custom classic-type tileset. I deleted the tileset from the server, but am unsure of how to set the tileset back to normal. Should I set some sort of removetiledefs; npc on the gmap temporarily?

xXziroXx
09-10-2006, 04:06 AM
Ok, I am working with the gmap and realized that for some reason, tiles are coming up on the gmap that were from an old custom classic-type tileset. I deleted the tileset from the server, but am unsure of how to set the tileset back to normal. Should I set some sort of removetiledefs; npc on the gmap temporarily?

Assuming that you have a Weapon that sets your tiles, just add removetiledefs(); before it sets them.

Raelyn
09-10-2006, 04:55 AM
Assuming that you have a Weapon that sets your tiles, just add removetiledefs(); before it sets them.

I have no weapons setting the tiles, however, I may have at one point. I am using the classic tileset, and apparently there is still the old tileset in effect. However, attempts at placing an NPC on the map to set the tiles went unsuccessful.

xXziroXx
09-10-2006, 05:00 AM
If you are using classic tiles, just add

removetiledefs();

in one of your System NPCs (onCreated()).

Raelyn
09-11-2006, 01:26 AM
If you are using classic tiles, just add

removetiledefs();

in one of your System NPCs (onCreated()).

I tried this Ziro, it didn't work. I don't know what else to do, there is no set for this in the server, and I deleted the tileset it keeps using, so I dunno why it hasn't changed back, am restarting the server, maybe that will help.

xXziroXx
09-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Might me removetiledefs(""); when I think about it.

Raelyn
09-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Might me removetiledefs(""); when I think about it.

You sir, never cease to amaze. <3

That worked. :)

ApothiX
09-12-2006, 02:31 PM
You could've also deleted the tiledefsServerName.txt file (in the levels/tiledefs/ folder, IIRC)

xXziroXx
09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
You could've also deleted the tiledefsServerName.txt file (in the levels/tiledefs/ folder, IIRC)

True, but, now he have an automatic system for him and all other players!