PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Disbandment

Draenin
09-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I, Emperor Ryujin Kusanagi of the Kingdom of Samurai, formally request from all current leaders, the disbandment of the current alliance.

After the recent collapse of Zormite, the Alliance should have been removed, but yet, for some reason still remianed. I know not whether for absent-minded forgetfulness, or for reasons of distrust and paranoia. It has remained for too long, however, and on the behalf of Samurai, we ask that it be dropped, so as not to breed hostility.

If this simple task is not to be carried out, the Kingdom of Samurai shall not consider this peacetime, and shall commence in working to disband the alliance on its own. This is not out of contempt or misguided hatred, but simply a precaution to ensure the safety of our island. We do not wish to someday face the prospect of one kingdom declaring war against us, and the others following suit simply for the reason of being allied with one another.

With all due respect to all leaders, please grant my request.

~ Emperor Ryujin Kusanagi of Samurai

xRuffRydax
09-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I shall grant your request, i will drop the alliances.

Raziel
09-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Nations with honor and manpower don't follow shameful policies of appeasement.

Draenin
09-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Begging all pardons, but you are not currently in charge of diplomacy for your kingdom are you, Captain Raziel Nasar?

I shall only validate diplomacy concerns with the current leader or leaders of each kingdom.

Raziel
09-06-2006, 01:31 AM
You're right, but no one can take away my right to voice my opinion. I never said "CP will not grant the request," did I? It's not up to me.

Draenin
09-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Well, you certainly seemed to think that requesting something from all kingdoms is the same act as commanding when conversing with my Shogun.

Raziel
09-06-2006, 01:50 AM
((chismosos))

If this simple task is not to be carried out, the Kingdom of Samurai shall not consider this peacetime, and shall commence in working to disband the alliance on its own.

Treaties aren't made at the sword's edge.

Draenin
09-06-2006, 02:09 AM
((chismosos))Beg your pardon?
Treaties aren't made at the sword's edge.There is no treaty to be made in this situation. Take some history classes and learn about what an ultimatum is.

MasterNuke
09-06-2006, 03:20 AM
It's less boring this way.

Waltz5
09-06-2006, 03:30 AM
It's less boring this way.
Ding ding ding! He's right.

Props to Draenin and Steven so far.

Raziel
09-06-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm not talking so much about the alliances as I am about foreign nations handing out ultimatums (didn't want to use the word because it would sound threatening to your supposed peaceful approach, but now that you admit it). It's an issue of national pride.

Draenin
09-06-2006, 09:08 AM
(didn't want to use the word because it would sound threatening to your supposed peaceful approach, but now that you admit it). You are under the impression that I came into writing this ultimatum with a gentle hand, Captain. At the moment, a fairly large force has gathered in my prescence -- a most powerful one that could potentially threaten Samurai's security. I have just cause to write an ultimatum in Samurai's defense.
It's an issue of national pride.There's a large difference between being proud of your nation and being boisterous.

I am asking a simple favor from all kingdoms, not making an edict specifically aimed at Crescent Pirates. Whether or not to drop alliances is the Governor and Governess' choice, and should they choose to keep it, I may see to it that the psuedo-neutrality of the alliance is purged for the safety of all nations. In affairs of diplomacy, it is much better to be neutral all-around than to make an alliance where if one kingdom steps out of line, they are eliminated.

calani
09-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Though I do not like the way you worded your request or follow-up posts, I agree with your motive: having all but one kingdom allied breeds hostility towards that neutral nation.
Ultimatums are a dangerous matter, especially when your side is the weaker of the two and both sides know it. In such a scenario, issuing one will either solve the problem or, likely, seal your fate. Do be more careful.

Upon agreement from the rest of the kingdoms, I will remove the alliances.

Draenin
09-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Ultimatums are a dangerous matter, especially when your side is the weaker of the two and both sides know it - in such a scenario, issuing one will either solve the problem or, likely, seal your fate. Do be more careful.I know when to bear my fangs and when not to. If I sense my kingdom is in imminent danger, I will not refrain from taking actions against harm befalling it.

Thank you for putting Samurai's welfare into your considerations.

Raziel
09-07-2006, 07:05 AM
That's Admiral to you and anyone, little man. You should have stuck to your peaceful ways that kept you out of the alliance in the first place.

((wtfs 3 people online right now...))

Draenin
09-07-2006, 09:47 AM
That's Admiral to you and anyone,Oh, my mistake. I guess I must've forgotten you're an admiral because lately you've been acting like your former pompous friend, Cheops Nasar.
little man.Nice inferiority complex.
You should have stuck to your peaceful ways that kept you out of the alliance in the first place.Why is that? Do you have jurisdiction over your kingdom's diplomacy? No, you do not. You may be high-ranked, but that doesn't mean you run things without the leader of your kingdom. Speaking of, I'm sure he'd be remotely interested in your behaviour as of late.

HitmanJ2XX
09-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Admiral Nasar, stand down this is not a place to go about starting wars because of one's opinion which doesn't agree with another's.
And Shogun, ignore the admiral, i think he's a little anxious due to no ship sinking lately.

Raziel
09-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Who are you? @ Hitman

And I'm eager to know what the hell you're talking about with my "behavior as of late."

I guess people who stand up for themselves intimidate you.

I never tried to run my kingdom's foreign policies. I was stating my views. Try to silence me.

csod123
09-08-2006, 02:23 AM
i do agree with Draenin's reasons for wanting to disband the alliance, something like that is dangerous to every kingdom. i mean have you all never played fire emblem? Raziel your anger towards Draenin proves his point. an alliance like that will be dangerous if people get angry with members of that alliance. besides it would make kingdoms more boring. too much strength= no fun

Draenin
09-08-2006, 02:40 AM
And I'm eager to know what the hell you're talking about with my "behavior as of late."For one, you haven't even bothered to contact your leader, though you know full well that this is a topic he should probably discuss. Seems you're doing all the talking for a person who's been managing things for far longer than you is the primary individual I'm interested in hearing from.
I guess people who stand up for themselves intimidate you.Actually, I admire people who aren't intimidated by me. However, I can tell that you are, because you feel the need to throw punches when there really isn't any reason to do it.
Try to silence me.What gives you the idea that I want to stifle your arguement? If anything, I'm more interested in hearing it because it gives me one more valid point to make.

Raziel
09-08-2006, 03:21 AM
You keep telling me that I have no authority, implying that I should not be telling you what I think. You want to silence me.

I have not seen Alan and if I had, I would have informed him.

I fear nothing and no one.

Draenin
09-08-2006, 03:35 AM
You keep telling me that I have no authority, implying that I should not be telling you what I think. You want to silence me. Show me where I've told you to be quiet or shut up or whatever. I'm waiting for the official word.
I fear nothing and no one.You fear much if you must think of yourself as invincible.

Raziel
09-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Why don't you go and look up the word imply?

I never said invincible.

Anyway, I can see this argument isn't going anywhere productive, and is way off topic. If you want to discuss this further, speak to me privately.

Draenin
09-08-2006, 04:50 AM
Why don't you go and look up the word imply?I don't like using the word imply, since someone tried to use it in an arguement with me for a few dozen posts. After hearing it so many times, it really starts to lose its edge.
If you want to discuss this further, speak to me privately.You had a good run, I guess. Next time before you start up an arguement leave your baggage behind.

4jordan4
09-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Drae your avatar looks like you irl XD

Lylic
09-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Next time before you start up an arguement leave your baggage behind.

Next time learn to spell the word arguement (argument). ^^

Draenin
09-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Next time learn to spell the word arguement (argument). Yeah, I have a bad habit of spelling that wrong consistently along with weird sometimes.

Damix2
09-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Next time learn to spell the word arguement (argument). ^^

Oh **** a Lylic

myth-simba
09-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Anyways, i have not been on graal lately due to a forein threat i wish not to discuss, so i've missed all this.

reading all this seems a war with Cp is brewing,

sigh, just let me add, whats the point?

war is boring nowadays, its basically slash and run, and everyone is too scared to sail their ships against the pirates.

so there really is no point.

its not even fun.

that of course is my opinion,
Anyways thats it,

War is boring unless it has an actual objective, a win and lose condition, like my war post i made.

Draenin
09-08-2006, 05:24 PM
reading all this seems a war with Cp is brewing,Not if the governor complies with the favor I'm asking.

HitmanJ2XX
09-08-2006, 06:19 PM
@ Raziel, I'm the architect that moves your houses and occasionally repairs them.
@ myth-simba The could-be kingdom "Dynasty" or whatever they called it was brave enough to set sail and take on the pirates. As for the war objective, get somebody to give the Kingdoms Treasures an actual use, making a great objective to win wars: The Money.

@ Draenin ...Comply? Sounds a little on the hostile side, and if...IF I hadn't argued with you before, I would have said that you sound as if your tone needed to have a little straightining (sp) out.

Gothika
09-08-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm the architect that moves your houses and occasionally repairs them.

Being an Architect doesnt give you the right to talk to and to treat Raziel like he's something you just stood on, show him some respect!

cyan3
09-08-2006, 11:15 PM
If CP was at war Admiral Raziel will be giving you orders at Sea.

ReBorn_Spirit
09-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I will agree with Draenin on the alliances we have, they should be dropped, but its not always up to me to make all the decisions. Though I will bring it up to Draxx.

AlaricoMontario
09-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I for one will be opposing any dropping of alliance with the Crescent Pirates.

The Zormitian Republic? Let it fall, it's just Calani - not as if a swarm of p eople would have ever rushed to our aid if war ever befell Forest. Dustari? I rarely see one on.

Yet the pirates? Losing our allegiance with the Crescent Pirates means both of us lose domination and become piddly little bickering states again.

Why fight when you can both rule?

HitmanJ2XX
09-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Being an Architect doesnt give you the right to talk to and to treat Raziel like he's something you just stood on, show him some respect!

If CP was at war Admiral Raziel will be giving you orders at Sea.

So, just because I don't lead a war on sea I can't tell him when it's a good idea not to argue over alliances? He means something to me, but I still say that we must stand by and let Alan handle the details of this.

MadScience7
09-11-2006, 06:07 PM
For the moment I changed us to neutral with Forest, because one of their members (who is blacklisted from CP) has a bad habit of hanging out in our harbor. After this is resolved we can decide whether to reinstate as allies or not.

Googi
09-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Have Calani, Forest and CP made a decision yet?

Draenin
10-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I'm still waiting for an answer on this too.

SayianOozaru
10-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Does calani even play anymore?

Draenin
10-02-2006, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda curious about that too.

Vulcan
10-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Does calani even play anymore?
I don't think she plays GK anymore. She's on Zodiac a lot though. Right now, actually.