PDA

View Full Version : Request for more events

UltimatheChosen
08-29-2006, 02:03 AM
As a rather new player, I have been disappointed by the lack of staff prescence on the servers, considering that there is an event maybe once every two or three weeks. I, for one, would very much like to see more activities for competition, or simply a change of pace, on event island.

dNeonb
08-29-2006, 02:33 AM
As a rather new player, I have been disappointed by the lack of staff prescence on the servers, considering that there is an event maybe once every two or three weeks. I, for one, would very much like to see more activities for competition, or simply a change of pace, on event island.
There are events. We have events masters for every timezone. Almost everyday I see an events master hosting one. You just may not miss it.

Ravenblade1979
08-29-2006, 08:45 PM
There are events. We have events masters for every timezone. Almost everyday I see an events master hosting one. You just may not miss it.

Actually thats not true Bjorn. Usually during the day I can't host because we have a rule as to how many people minnimum we need before we host a event. Although some days I want to break that and host one when there are 20 people on.

hampy
08-29-2006, 08:47 PM
I have not seen a event being hosted for a long time now, the EMs we have now arent exactly what you call the most active players

Ravenblade1979
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
I have not seen a event being hosted for a long time now, the EMs we have now arent exactly what you call the most active players

I am on alot and I see Sage and Maroku almost everyday but they busy with other things and I was told not to host unless we have a minnimum of 30 people. Well during the day where I live I am lucky to see 28 people while I am online.

So in following the rule I can't host.

dNeonb
08-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Actually thats not true Bjorn. Usually during the day I can't host because we have a rule as to how many people minnimum we need before we host a event. Although some days I want to break that and host one when there are 20 people on.
It is true, and what is this rule? I never heared about it. It's kinda stuipd if it even would exist. I hosted events with 5 players online x_x

Ravenblade1979
08-29-2006, 11:28 PM
It is true, and what is this rule? I never heared about it. It's kinda stuipd if it even would exist. I hosted events with 5 players online x_x

Sam said not to host unless we had 30 people minnimum on the server. I think he should change that. I want it to at least 20 people minnimum. All of us EM's follow that on there. Me, maroku, sage...we all do. Maroku agrees that the amount should be lowered.

UltimatheChosen
08-30-2006, 02:26 AM
Considering that the most players I have ever seen on at a time is 42, and 36 is abnormally high, the number is most definitely too low. Please ask Sam to change it, because instead of having tiny events (which I think the rule was supposed to prevent) we are having almost no events, because there aren't enough people.

Ravenblade1979
08-30-2006, 07:08 AM
Considering that the most players I have ever seen on at a time is 42, and 36 is abnormally high, the number is most definitely too low. Please ask Sam to change it, because instead of having tiny events (which I think the rule was supposed to prevent) we are having almost no events, because there aren't enough people.

I actually have seen 72 one day but going to ask him because I would love to host more events for ppl. He's on vacation right now and will ask him when he returns.

dNeonb
08-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Just host if you think it's ok to. Like I said, I do not know of such a rule and that should be enough. :whatever:
With even with 15 players online there take more people part than with 40 people online.

Ravenblade1979
08-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Just host if you think it's ok to. Like I said, I do not know of such a rule and that should be enough. :whatever:
With even with 15 players online there take more people part than with 40 people online.

alright Bjorn.

Waltz5
08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Since we settled when events can be held, how about next you guys tackle the prizes... items please! Atleast once in a while.

Ravenblade1979
08-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Since we settled when events can be held, how about next you guys tackle the prizes... items please! Atleast once in a while.

Like what items you talking about because we have it set what we get in our em bags. I can get special ones but only if I am doing a RP event.

Waltz5
08-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Like what items you talking about because we have it set what we get in our em bags. I can get special ones but only if I am doing a RP event.
Dead items... like Leaf Shield, etc.

And new ones too. There needs to be some influx rather than at Easter and Christmas. That's ridiculous.

Ravenblade1979
08-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Dead items... like Leaf Shield, etc.

And new ones too. There needs to be some influx rather than at Easter and Christmas. That's ridiculous.

Like I said I can get items for my rp events but normally we have a set amount of items to give away at events...other then what we can get personally for the events.

Gothika
09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
On the note of RP events, I dont see a lot them now days.. That is why I am hosting plenty RP events for Cresent Pirates. To make it more fun and give people a chance to win good prizes. The downside is that I never get to compete in these CP RP events because I am hosting it..

Sam
09-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Events are not the main background on a server like GK! Players have a lot things to do and they can improve their RP if they want. I dont want to see events running with 3 people just to spend some items for takepart!
Events are not to earn something for free, they will going to be trivial if they are happen 24 times a day.
As long as the kingdoms are not able or too lazy to host some RP events for their members, I will not give out bigger items for events in general.
Force your leaders to host kingdom events and we will support your leader with help and stuff.

Gothika
09-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Force your leaders to host kingdom events and we will support your leader with help and stuff.

Alan does plenty of events for CP members, My brother constantly host boat battle tornaments and I am doing a whole series of RP events.
Currently were in the middle of one now. We have already done Chapter 1 of the RP story and it turned out to be a great and succesful event.

UltimatheChosen
09-09-2006, 05:48 AM
I'm not saying to do one every hour, but events help to keep the staff visible and reassure people that GK is NOT dying. I'm not saying when there are only three people online, but maybe change the requirement to 20 instead of 30. And finally, events ARE important to people, as they break up the pattern of hacking and slashing; it is nice to do a quiz sometimes. But since the kingdom leaders of most nations tend to be very busy, events are hard to organize. So please, we're not asking for dozens of events a week, but maybe from one to three events per day (more on weekends I guess).

Sam
09-09-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm not saying to do one every hour, but events help to keep the staff visible and reassure people that GK is NOT dying. I'm not saying when there are only three people online, but maybe change the requirement to 20 instead of 30. And finally, events ARE important to people, as they break up the pattern of hacking and slashing; it is nice to do a quiz sometimes. But since the kingdom leaders of most nations tend to be very busy, events are hard to organize. So please, we're not asking for dozens of events a week, but maybe from one to three events per day (more on weekends I guess).

There are still events every day. I've changed the required amount of players to 15 online persons. It's all years the same: when school and college is starting player counts goes down.
I've talk to Stefan and he promised to take care about some improvements.

Ravenblade1979
09-09-2006, 04:08 PM
I have to agree with sam. Since school and college started there was a huge drop. I just started school myself and can only get on the computer for a hour..usually by then there is a event going on.

So I am saving mine for the weekends.

UltimatheChosen
09-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks, what I was mostly asking for was the reduced amount, it's good to hear. Looking forward to Stefan's clearance!

Waltz5
09-10-2006, 12:45 AM
As long as the kingdoms are not able or too lazy to host some lolRP events for their members, I will not give out bigger items for events in general.
I find your logic extremely hilarious that you will hold less events/give out items due to a lack of players.

You're losing players every day! It is the staff's job to do new things, even something as easy as events or releasing some items every once in a while to keep players playing! Not the other way around!

Sam
09-10-2006, 12:52 AM
I find your logic extremely hilarious that you will hold less events/give out items due to a lack of players.

You're losing players every day! It is the staff's job to do new things, even something as easy as events or releasing some items every once in a while to keep players playing! Not the other way around!

I'd say I've changed the required amount of players to 15 online persons. Before it was 30 persons. It makes no sense to host events for 10 persons online 5 of them are trials, 3 are AFK and one is mapping. x_x
We dont lose players because of less events!
and maybe you've noticed, it's not GK only all servers playercount is low, even the forums.

Waltz5
09-10-2006, 01:05 AM
I'd say I've changed the required amount of players to 15 online persons. Before it was 30 persons. It makes no sense to host events for 10 persons online 5 of them are trials, 3 are AFK and one is mapping. x_x
I didn't say anything against this... thats fine and respectable.

We dont lose players because of less events!
No, but there are little things such as events that make the game more enjoyable for people and can keep players around. I don't think you should have a lackadaisical attitude about them.

maybe you've noticed, it's not GK only all servers playercount is low, even the forums.
Mhmm. And I pointed it out in another thread, if I was Stefan or Unix I would be concerned and try to do something about it.

sage_scooby
09-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I've talk to Stefan and he promised to take care about some improvements.

If there is anything I can do to assist in whatever this means let me know. I'd like to help if I can.

Also I am glad to see the amount lowered, it will make it easier to host events during my online time.

Sam
09-10-2006, 07:52 PM
If there is anything I can do to assist in whatever this means let me know. I'd like to help if I can.

Also I am glad to see the amount lowered, it will make it easier to host events during my online time.

You have any develpoing skills (gani, gfx,level etc)?

Ravenblade1979
09-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Actually alot of ppl won't play because new things aren't released and stuff like that.

UltimatheChosen
09-13-2006, 03:59 AM
He is right.

HitmanJ2XX
09-13-2006, 07:05 PM
You have any develpoing skills (gani, gfx,level etc)?

I can do a little level.

How about hosting more events like dungeonroom where the prizes just come from the server instead of from the EMs?

@ Raven
Yeah I can identify with that. And I think people go away for servers with more people or items, like Era because they know something will happen sooner or later.

Another thing that grinds me is the availability. You can't ever find what you need when you need it. Kinda makes you steamed. !pissed!