PDA

View Full Version : Client-RC

Skyld
08-24-2006, 10:43 PM
I have noticed a bug with the latest update for clientrc support; compiler output is only sent to the clientrc when an actual RC is online. If I log on RC and send a bad script, I get compiler output in clientrc, but when I log off RC, I stop receiving it.

Stuff like "Weapon/GUI-script -No Item added/updated by Skyld" always is sent, though.

I am also not sure what else was added in this update to check out.

Skyld
08-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Bump @ Stefan.

Admins
08-26-2006, 12:23 AM
I have added disconnect and reset for sendtext (disconnect can have a disconnect reason as option).
Also the client-rc has been made more secure, and you can restrict the allowed weapon scripts with restrictclientrctoweapons=commatext.
NC messages are now always sent via gserver, which is forwarding them to all RCs and client-rcs which have npc-rights. It is not sending error messages when you update a script via client-rc?

Skyld
08-26-2006, 12:29 AM
I have added disconnect and reset for sendtext (disconnect can have a disconnect reason as option).
sendtext("disconnect", "Skyld", "test");
sendtext("reset", "Skyld", "test");
requesttext("reset", "Skyld");
None are working.
Also the client-rc has been made more secure, and you can restrict the allowed weapon scripts with restrictclientrctoweapons=commatext.
This works fine.
NC messages are now always sent via gserver, which is forwarding them to all RCs and client-rcs which have npc-rights. It is not sending error messages when you update a script via client-rc?
Well, I get the error messages to clientrc when my normal RC is online. If my RC isn't online then I don't get compiler messages in clientrc.

I get all other NC messages though.

Admins
08-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Hmmm may be the npcserver is not generating the script errors messages when it thinks that there is no NC online, will need to check that.
For the disconnect and reset thing, you have connected before to clientrc? Some commands were working before without connecting to clientrc so I am asking to be sure.

Skyld
08-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Hmmm may be the npcserver is not generating the the script errors messages when it thinks that there is no RC online, will need to check that.
That's what I thought.
For the disconnect and reset thing, you have connected before to clientrc? Some commands were working before without connecting to clientrc so I am asking to be sure.
Yes, I have already requesttext("clientrc", 1); before trying them. In fact I set it so that RC chat made it try disconnecting someone when I sent RC chat; it did not work.

Admins
08-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Hmmm Disconnect actually works with the player id, like sendtext("disconnect", 1, "thats why")

Skyld
08-26-2006, 12:43 AM
sendtext("disconnect", findPlayer("Skyld").id, "Yay!");
sendtext("reset", "Skyld", 0);
works :)

Maybe requesttext for reset though since it does not need a reason.

Also, the "Your account has been reset" message works.

I think account stuff is messed now though, since I got:

"Client-RC disconnected: "
" has reset theattributes of Skyld"

Admins
08-26-2006, 01:13 AM
Well there could be a reset reason in the future :D
Hmmm will check the reset-message soon, may be it's just a problem with resetting yourself, could eventually crash the server

Skyld
08-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Perhaps having attributes reset is making "Client-RC disconnected: " messages not show an account name or so, not sure.

Admins
08-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Ok fixed the reset-messages and the sending of script errors

Skyld
08-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Ok fixed the reset-messages and the sending of script errors
Works fine. :)

Edit: I notice that a clientside onPlayerLogout() is not called when I disconnect or reset someone.

Skyld
09-04-2006, 04:21 PM
A problem I have identified with clientrc today is surrounding NPC rights. Not sure if it is a bug or intentional for security reasons.

On a server where npcrights=false, I am still unable to open the NPCs using clientrc if I don't have the folder rights. My normal RC can, though.