PDA

View Full Version : Graal2k1- DirectX problem

Correction
07-08-2001, 01:26 AM
I cannot get on Graal 2001 because a message pops up saying "Unsupported DirectX type or Wrong Driver!" The only way I can play is if I go into options and check the box marked "Don't use DirectX7" However, when I do this, I cannot see lighting or day/night effects. I have DirectX8 and I do not understand why Graal would not work with it. Please help me find out whats wrong or help me find a way to downgrade to DirectX7. I have tried downgrading but when I run the install for DirectX7 it says "A newer version of DirectX is already installed on this computer. Installation will not continue" Is there any way I can override that or somehow Downgrade? Please help!

Solareon
07-08-2001, 02:52 AM
you have to go into the registry and edit te version numbers for directx, or get a better video card ;)

Correction
07-08-2001, 03:41 AM
but it ain't mah vidio card it can't be...
Now about going in and making it think I have a lower version, I thought about that, can anyone tell me how to do it?

DarkPyro_2001
07-08-2001, 04:51 AM
It's done that to me before but I've always been able to get Graal to work later.

Cloud_X
07-08-2001, 04:53 AM
maybe you have voodoo which is supported *looks at stefan*grrr hehehe

Correction
07-08-2001, 08:13 AM
soooo... what do I do?

Correction
07-09-2001, 07:01 AM
Please help someone I wanna get this fixed!

Juron Pilo
07-11-2001, 11:10 AM
at least you don't just HALF support the infernal thing... heh

FxChiP
07-15-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Correction
I cannot get on Graal 2001 because a message pops up saying "Unsupported DirectX type or Wrong Driver!" The only way I can play is if I go into options and check the box marked "Don't use DirectX7" However, when I do this, I cannot see lighting or day/night effects. I have DirectX8 and I do not understand why Graal would not work with it. Please help me find out whats wrong or help me find a way to downgrade to DirectX7. I have tried downgrading but when I run the install for DirectX7 it says "A newer version of DirectX is already installed on this computer. Installation will not continue" Is there any way I can override that or somehow Downgrade? Please help!

Try getting an updated version of your driver.

Correction
07-16-2001, 06:41 AM
Dude what driver?! That's the thing it don't tell me what driver, is it video soundcard printer what?! I don't think that's it. It's gotta be Direct X 8 now surley someone can help me downgrade to DX7

cheaterzx22
07-16-2001, 11:53 AM
No, you need a new driver for your lightbulb in the cieling. Yes, your video card's driver.

FxChiP
07-16-2001, 12:45 PM
Listen, dude, I have a Voodoo3. You need to get the updated drivers for light effects to work. Even then, they move *REALLY* slow!

Juron Pilo
07-16-2001, 02:18 PM
did that a couple of days before I wrote that blasted post
I'm not a fool=)
I just get half support

General
07-16-2001, 02:18 PM
...You must find the driver that takes 3 hours to find, 1 hour to install, and you find out you've installed the wrong version, you call tech supprt and get to fix your whacked out monitor, you install correct version, and after 3 weeks you find out graal doesn't work even with the updated drivers....in other words: stefan is lying, updtaed drivers dont do crap for graal

Correction
07-17-2001, 02:29 AM
Ok I went to the 3dfx site and found that the only "updated driver" they had for mah stuff I already had in the first place. People please just help me find a way to downgrade directx I'm sure it will fix it if it don't I'll silence mahself then!

Juron Pilo
07-21-2001, 02:03 PM
Maby my card isn't good enough but it was the second most expensive thing in the store... lol.... ATI Rage 128...

FxChiP
07-21-2001, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by General
...You must find the driver that takes 3 hours to find, 1 hour to install, and you find out you've installed the wrong version, you call tech supprt and get to fix your whacked out monitor, you install correct version, and after 3 weeks you find out graal doesn't work even with the updated drivers....in other words: stefan is lying, updtaed drivers dont do crap for graal

Takes me 3 minutes to find the driver, around 30 minutes to download and install it, and I know I installed the right version. After 3 weeks I find out Graal works with my drivers, it just moves really really slow in window mode, and Stefan won't help the problem :(

In other words: Updated drivers work on DirectX (and therefore Graal). So there. :D

Juron Pilo
07-26-2001, 12:45 AM
I tell you I went to www.ati.com and found my blasted card in the drivers list and updated the new driver... didn't help a bit...

General
07-26-2001, 02:29 AM
i hate stefan for telling me to update my drivers

enishi-2001
08-05-2001, 11:19 AM
i have the same problem plz forum pm me how to downgrade safley becuase if i stuff it my dad will kill me

Poogle
08-06-2001, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Correction
I cannot get on Graal 2001 because a message pops up saying "Unsupported DirectX type or Wrong Driver!" The only way I can play is if I go into options and check the box marked "Don't use DirectX7" However, when I do this, I cannot see lighting or day/night effects. I have DirectX8 and I do not understand why Graal would not work with it. Please help me find out whats wrong or help me find a way to downgrade to DirectX7. I have tried downgrading but when I run the install for DirectX7 it says "A newer version of DirectX is already installed on this computer. Installation will not continue" Is there any way I can override that or somehow Downgrade? Please help! Whoa that happened to me in 2.03 so I restarted my commputer and it work fine.