PDA

View Full Version : Make proxies visible again

Crono
08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Everything except for GWARS was designed with the fact that proxies are visible.

Invisible proxies are literally ruining CTF. The roads are far too narrow to have hidden proxies everywhere.

As a matter of fact the idea of invisible proxies was stupid to begin with. If you DO want to keep hidden proxies then do this instead...

Have normal proxies, don't hide.

Then have another, more expensive, "stealth mine".

Same GFX just that stealth mines uh hide and normal proxies stay visible.

Either way I think invisible proxies ruined Zone a lot. If invisible proxies do become removed rename the detector to something like Nightvision and make a dark map.

Also about that detector, it apparently equips in one of your slots right? That makes sense because your idle gani has the hand touching the detector, but when you walk there's no hands on the detector. This makes no sense.

Why does it deactivate when you have a pistol in the other hand? I know its because you have to re-do all the ganis, so instead why not just make it a hat? x_x

pooper200000
08-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Yay! I agree GO CRONO!

jkool666
08-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Agreed... Poor little kitties...

someonesomewhere
08-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Mine detector should, in all seriousness, be a buyable item, that you can equip full-time. And they should have proxis visible, agreed.

invaderzim66889
08-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Agreed... Poor little kitties...
What's with this cat fetish?
I agree indefinatley. Especially the buyable, more expensive mines. But then we have to get rid of the infinite proxy glitch too. :/

jkool666
08-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Make mine detector toggleable like the radar, maybe hit E to toggle it? But its also disabled when you shoot.

Crono
08-22-2006, 11:13 PM
But its also disabled when you shoot.

What's the logic behind that? Your night vision goggles don't disable and fall off when you crawl on the floor...

jkool666
08-22-2006, 11:18 PM
What's the logic behind that? Your night vision goggles don't disable and fall off when you crawl on the floor...
Because I could wear them 24/7 making proxi's 100% useless.

Leoxx
08-22-2006, 11:22 PM
maybe make them so that if u put too many down then they all blow up and kill nebody in the range of explosion, including teamates

Crono
08-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Because I could wear them 24/7 making proxi's 100% useless.

Think realistically man.

I'm saying make them visible anyway.

maybe make them so that if u put too many down then they all blow up and kill nebody in the range of explosion, including teamates

...or not

jkool666
08-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Think realistically man.I'm saying make them visible anyway.
But, when you have a mine detector on, you can see a big green Box around them making mines 100% useless. If they were just visible and you had no mine detector on, you can still see them, but there isn't a massive green box to point them out entirely.

Googi
08-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Just let all classes use the minedetector and add some way to destroy proxies that all classes can use.

Crono
08-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Ok so let's make proxys visible again and rename mine detector to night vision.

Make some dark inside with ambush spots.

jkool666
08-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Ok so let's make proxys visible again and rename mine detector to night vision.

Make some dark inside with ambush spots.
Great idea :)

SayianOozaru
08-23-2006, 12:58 AM
proxis should be made so you can hold 1000 again :'(

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Good idea sayain! then we can lame by the 1000's instead of 100's!! :) I like the diea of a buyable one that is always working but toggled. No offense to vulcan their creater but mine detectors are kinda ugly and need a makeover nd smaller. Thats like something you would imagine they use today. Whatever its not a big deal thogh

Leoxx
08-23-2006, 02:09 AM
a scarey thought there sayian, and the thing i said earlier would really work, like only 50 of ur mines should work.. but then u need a detector that tells u ur limit..

SayianOozaru
08-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Good idea sayain! then we can lame by the 1000's instead of 100's!! :) I like the diea of a buyable one that is always working but toggled. No offense to vulcan their creater but mine detectors are kinda ugly and need a makeover nd smaller. Thats like something you would imagine they use today. Whatever its not a big deal thogh

learn what your talking about before you post please. it wasnt vulcans idea for a minedetector. from what i remember, stefan pm'd me asking how i felt about invisable mines...i told him i liked it, he made it. then i told him we need a way to see the mines though, he told me to design the mine detector...so i edited the teamspeak monitor thing, and made the mine detector x-x

Crono
08-23-2006, 02:16 PM
i told him i liked it, he made it. then i told him we need a way to see the mines though, he told me to design the mine detector

SO ITS YOUR FAULT!

h8 u 4 lyfe

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Sorry sayain i Just don't like it. The mine detector that is

Torankusu
08-23-2006, 09:36 PM
I dont think proxies should be visible. They are a good stealthy way to kill people, and you have to be defensive about sneaking into a base.

The mine detector you should be able to use and ALSO wield dual pistols/a rifle, but the mine detector should use energy that way you can't just have it on all the time; you have to use it strategicly.

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 09:47 PM
thats what stealthmines would be for

Torankusu
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
thats what stealthmines would be for
Okay, so, what would the point of having a stealthmine and a proximity mine be? you know no one would ever buy the proximity mines again.

jkool666
08-23-2006, 10:37 PM
I dont think proxies should be visible. They are a good stealthy way to kill people, and you have to be defensive about sneaking into a base.

The mine detector you should be able to use and ALSO wield dual pistols/a rifle, but the mine detector should use energy that way you can't just have it on all the time; you have to use it strategicly.
How often do you play zone? Play CTF, get continously killed by mines... Then go to get your trusty mine detector, and get continously killed by people with guns, but you can't take any out because you have a stupid mine detector on...

Torankusu
08-23-2006, 10:46 PM
How often do you play zone? Play CTF, get continously killed by mines... Then go to get your trusty mine detector, and get continously killed by people with guns, but you can't take any out because you have a stupid mine detector on...

Yeah, I play plenty, and I know how it is. Its not fair because it is a good method of defense. If you cant handle it, then you should learn to use a jetpack and get around them maybe?

Making proxies visible won't do anything but make them USELESS.

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Not really and Ive never seen you on

MisterMastermind
08-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I play plenty, and I know how it is. Its not fair because it is a good method of defense. If you cant handle it, then you should learn to use a jetpack and get around them maybe?

You must really suck if you can't get kills with visible proxi mines. You can hide them under things, such as tree leaves, boxes, barrels, etc.

Crono
08-23-2006, 10:54 PM

Wrong. They were visible before they were made invisible. They were just fine the way they were. They are proximity mines, which means they explode when you get near them, not stealth hiding mines.

jkool666
08-23-2006, 11:16 PM

Your telling me how to play...
I should tell you, proxies will only be useless if you make them. If you can't handle it, then you should learn to use visible proxies the proper way maybe?

dude2020
08-23-2006, 11:17 PM
ok to stop all the *****ing and to make Proxys make sense i demaned a Re name from Proxy mines (i dunno how tp spell it) to Stealth Mnes!

MisterMastermind
08-23-2006, 11:24 PM
ok to stop all the *****ing and to make Proxys make sense i demaned a Re name from Proxy mines (i dunno how tp spell it) to Stealth Mnes!
Stop posting, please. Proxies on CTF are way overpowered.

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 11:38 PM
I think its jsut that there are only about 3 places without jp to enter and if those a re mined then you hve to jp or explode them

someonesomewhere
08-24-2006, 12:41 AM
1. Proximity mines were fine visible, I got plenty of kills by hiding them.
2. CTF isn't -fun- when you're scouting for proxi mines every damned time you go for the flag and get killed because you can't have a decent defense, because you're scouting for them. Also, most of the time people are glitching the proxis anyways >.>

Firechamp1
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM
i agree with cronos idea,proxies ARE ***.

dude2020
08-29-2006, 08:07 PM
i agree with cronos idea,proxies ARE ***.you should know...u got me with em about a few times
Stop posting plz i payed for gold+vip ima do wat i can with it take to the max =/

Crono
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM
i payed for gold+vip ima do wat i can with it take to the max =/

That's good for you.

Firechamp1
08-30-2006, 08:34 AM
I Only Prox If The Enemy Is A Strafing,Annoying Person

Huwajux
08-30-2006, 11:40 AM
lol caps

MisterMastermind
08-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Or if you have a bounty over zero.

someonesomewhere
09-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Or if you have a bounty over zero.
Which actually doesn't happen often because as soon as he walks into a PK zone he dies anyway. Or logs. =P

Stone_Tower
09-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Sometimes the mine detector doesnt work for me, I was walking and got hit with a mine, and almost died. Make the mines visable and weaken them. Make them do 3 damage per mine. People stack like 5 and all of a sudden its an easy kill for them.

dude2020
09-04-2006, 12:45 AM
5its 4

Leoxx
09-04-2006, 12:57 AM
Sometimes the mine detector doesnt work for me, I was walking and got hit with a mine, and almost died. Make the mines visable and weaken them. Make them do 3 damage per mine. People stack like 5 and all of a sudden its an easy kill for them.
no, cause then it would make it cost too much just to kill with a mine, i do agree with the part where u make them visible, but weaking them that low wouldnt be a good idea, cause if u stepd on a mine, would u get a bruise or would ur leg blow up?

dude2020
09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
would u get a bruise or would ur leg blow up?i see it now i proxyed then u walk on it going "GOD ****" then u chasing me with one leg =D (more like hoping on 1 leg)

Leoxx
09-04-2006, 04:04 PM
i see it now i proxyed then u walk on it going "GOD ****" then u chasing me with one leg =D (more like hoping on 1 leg)
aww! we should do that!...but then itd be too much gore xD

dude2020
09-04-2006, 05:43 PM
aww! we should do that!...but then itd be too much gore xDit be funny was hell tho ;)