PDA

View Full Version : Zone dieing?

pooper200000
08-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Ok I just want to know what everyone else thinks. Zone players which when I first started playing were usually in the 70's have now dropped to the 30's even when a new update was added earlier today. IS zone dieing? If it is what could be done to save it?

alexrox222
08-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I say it it is being saved due to frequent updates apparently Stephan has awoken from hibernation... ^^

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:13 AM
im afarid it is with more Classic payerworlds opening Zone's palyercoutn will go down and Era is also dieing and we might get most of ppl from Era back on zone so unless Era just goes off compeltey and never reutrns zone is dieing and i dont want to die its ym fav server =(
how to save:
1.a new zone Admin
2.Gps (not even Ets are on much anymore to do work besides Jesse)
3.let see Zone goes back to classic it would bring Zone's playercount though 100...
4.More STAFF

Crono
08-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Though I voted no, problems include:

Gwars, Koth and such are poorly planned. Zone wars was fine until they messed up it's mechanics, etc.

Lack of gun updates.

Lack of class updates.

Lack of better event system.

Lack of actually being able to keep the players into the server.

Lack of trials wearing tags. Back then there was many people because trials liked being part of guilds. Guilds always fought eachother and such which led to a stronger community. Wasn't half the server trial back then?

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Though I voted no, problems include:

Gwars, Koth and such are poorly planned. Zone wars was fine until they messed up it's mechanics, etc.

Lack of gun updates.

Lack of class updates.

Lack of better event system.

Lack of actually being able to keep the players into the server.

Lack of trials wearing tags. Back then there was many people because trials liked being part of guilds. Guilds always fought eachother and such which led to a stronger community. Wasn't half the server trial back then?
HOw can it be fixed? and a lot of teh server is trial.

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Wasn't half the server trial back then?still is (or more)

Crono
08-20-2006, 12:19 AM
HOw can it be fixed? and a lot of teh server is trial.

I don't know, I'm just an ET.

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:22 AM
I don't know, I'm just an ET.that ur lazy at ;) last time i saw u host was back in cave man age XD (1 month tho?) u act more Gp dough

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 12:23 AM
I don't know, I'm just an ET.
Ok lets put it this way. What would you do to babylon if it was dieing and could that be done to zone?

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:24 AM
i feel so ingored :spam:

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 12:25 AM
that ur lazy at ;) last time i saw u host was back in cave man age XD (1 month tho?) u act more Gp dough
Hes not lazy. He doesn't have to host every day john.

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Hes not lazy. He doesn't have to host every day john.he doesnt have to host All day but the last time i seen him on tag was like a week or 2 ago XD adn with the activety of Ets on tag acutally cracking on sum noobs taht are Reapting Glitching/or busy with other servers there turning into Gambet if u ask me XD

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Well he may have been on a other times than you were on.

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Well he may have been on a other times than you were on.im on alot so i wouldnt count on it...hes been playing Zodiac which he is now most ppl are playing it and 50% of zone's ppl are there

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 12:29 AM
im on alot so i wouldnt count on it...hes been playing Zodiac which he is now most ppl are that like 50% of zone's ppl are there
how do you know hes been plaaying zodiac. Im on a llot too and ive seen him o n tag I think.

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Pooper ur on Barely
i got on buddys list so when im on Era and hes on tag i can get my butt to Zone and win the event ;)if hes hosting

Crono
08-20-2006, 12:32 AM
that ur lazy at ;) last time i saw u host was back in cave man age XD (1 month tho?) u act more Gp dough

I do fun events. Those count as events, the world doesn't revolve around weapon events. I just did another server vs dark ops last week or something.

Ok lets put it this way. What would you do to babylon if it was dieing and could that be done to zone?

Actually you're right, babylon IS dying. But the reason is different, moreso the management. Zone is lacking updates.

im on alot so i wouldnt count on it...hes been playing Zodiac which he is now most ppl are playing it and 50% of zone's ppl are there

So? I'm not someone who plays just one server. If you haven't noticed im spread out everywhere. I play Era, Zone, Valikorlia, Classic, and now Zodiac.

i got on buddys list so when im on Era and hes on tag i can get my butt to Zone and win the event

bt im not ur budy lol i dun liek u

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:36 AM
bt im not ur budy lol i dun liek udid u read all the POST or just the starting?

Draenin
08-20-2006, 12:40 AM
The population count on every server always spikes up to begin with, and then players decide which they want to stick with more, and the populations smooth out again. Zone isn't dying, it has even recieved updates recently. It's still as fun as it has been.

dude2020
08-20-2006, 12:41 AM
i do agree its fun but the Updates are jsut adding Old stuff back so w/e

Crono
08-20-2006, 01:01 AM
It's still as fun as it has been.

Draenin I'm disappointed. Zone was much more fun early 2005. I had almost no complaints about it back then and we all know how much I complain!

jkool666
08-20-2006, 02:33 AM
What Zone needs.
- 1 more ET. I nominate Cor.
- Updates, not reviving old planets. Note how no one goes to Alpha anymore.
- Trails need tags back. Zone died when they lost it...
- The jail to be uploaded so ET's can do more then say stop and /kick...
- More prizes to be given to Vulcan so we can actually host more events.

Stone_Tower
08-20-2006, 03:11 AM
I do bealive Zone is dieing because it is very boring. If you are going to make updates I would reccomend new weapons and a brand new map. From what people are saying, Alpha is old and so is Wildcross. We need a brand new map, that is big and more adventurous. More like Irica but bigger and more obstacles. Also we need more buyable items. I think we are lacking them...

As for things that could help.
-Add a new ET, infact make it two.
-ET needs to be responsible and not just their for the power....
-New Weapons
-New Map
-New Items (Bombs etc....)
-More event items and more events. *More event ideas, not just a server vs a guild or a weapon event*
-Jail, I agree with Jesse, Zone needs a jail.
-Updated weapons*.

*Meaning ice cannon for instince, it is slow and everyone can see the aim so no one ever gets hit by it......

MisterMastermind
08-20-2006, 07:03 AM
No, No, and ohhellno. Zone doesn't need more weapons, events, maps. It needs more content than just Player vs. Player PKing. Currently it's just "LAWLAWLAWL I PKED YOU NUB!" Which gets old after awhile...

Stone_Tower
08-20-2006, 08:31 AM
No, No, and ohhellno. Zone doesn't need more weapons, events, maps. It needs more content than just Player vs. Player PKing. Currently it's just "LAWLAWLAWL I PKED YOU NUB!" Which gets old after awhile...

It needs more event weapons and events. This problly will be added so it doesnt matter. We would rather sacrifice 1 player for about 20 more which come from updates. Maybe have an adventure map? Killing off futuristic alien creatures on maps such as cities to desolate wastelands. This would also make your character better for that mode only. For instince:
Adventure Mode: Seperate from the other maps, adventure mode is a whole new Zone. You buy all weapons and you get speed boosts for your rank gaining. You get exp and money just like on the other planets but it wont count on to the other maps, so your money and exp..kills/deaths and health will all be different from adventure mode to normal Zone.

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 03:10 PM
If you are going to make updates I would reccomend new weapons and a brand new map. We need a brand new map, that is big and more adventurous. More like Irica but bigger and more obstacles. Also we need more buyable items. I think we are lacking them...
Irica lame fest. Bigger map=More spread out players its good when they are grouped more tightly. Obstacles=????

-ET needs to be responsible and not just their for the power....
Who? im guessing cor and who? The problem is you can have more ET's but what good will it do?
-New Weapons
Photon cannon? They had some ideas for other weapons as is my understanding they were someones ideas for new guns*cough VULCANS *cough
-New Map
Ones being made I believe.
-New Items (Bombs etc....)
What else can you sugest? VUlcan has grav grenades or something I saw him used like the week after gwars was added they just have to stick them in.
-More event items and more events. *More event ideas, not just a server vs a guild or a weapon event*
I believe that they had an idea for more event items but someone didn't tell stefan *cough VULCAN *cough man Im coughing his name a lot
-Jail, I agree with Jesse, Zone needs a jail.
Won't help much the glitchers will just glitch more to get out.
-Updated weapons*.
QUOTE]
Ice cannon can't be seen by the other team anyway. Make it faster like you click and then they are frozen its slow for a reason and its because it takes so long to unfreeze
[QUOTE=jkool666] What Zone needs.
- 1 more ET. I nominate Cor..
I agree!
Yes it hasn't been gone that long and they all went to ctf.
- Trails need tags back. Zone died when they lost it... .
That would make it more fun but then there is less reason for trials to upgrade
- The jail to be uploaded so ET's can do more then say stop and /kick....
Well if they are mouse warping jail won't help will it?
- More prizes to be given to Vulcan so we can actually host more events. He had ideas for a few more event weapons as is my understanding. VUlcan that is

MisterMastermind
08-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Well if they are mouse warping jail won't help will it?There is no exit from jails. You have to be warped in and warped out by staff.

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 04:16 PM
There is no exit from jails. You have to be warped in and warped out by staff.
Trust me if theyfigure out how to mouse warp they can figure out how to warp

MisterMastermind
08-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Trust me if theyfigure out how to mouse warp they can figure out how to warp
The funny thing is, they don't know how to warp, they just downloaded a program to do it. The actual people that program the hacks are very smart, and it's a shame they use their scripting powers for stuff like that. :(

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 04:20 PM
The funny thing is, they don't know how to warp, they just downloaded a program to do it. The actual people that program the hacks are very smart, and it's a shame they use their scripting powers for stuff like that. :(
Oh ok

dude2020
08-20-2006, 05:14 PM
What Zone needs.
ppl go on Alpha around 3-4pmEST thats when like 20 ppl is on it

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Im not sure that was only on the first day it was added

invaderzim66889
08-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Not just two but how about active people?

dude2020
08-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Not just two but how about active people?if that was the case i'd be ET ;)

someonesomewhere
08-20-2006, 08:11 PM
EVENTS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HELD ALL THE TIME

Especially ones on Zone, seeing as we only have 3 prizes that actually matter.

And besides, Crono, Jesse, and Vulcan host enough fun events, so stop complaining.

Also, Zone isn't dying. Periodically, we'll get 60+ players. And If you didn't notice, Zodiac just went classic, so a bunch of people who played Zone after losing their gold, when they played Zodiac when they still had it, or going to play there again. At least for a while.

dude2020
08-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Crono, Jesse, and Vulcan host enough fun events, so stop complaining.
why'd ya add Vulcan last time he hosted was when me and ixi made him which was like a month or 2 ago

someonesomewhere
08-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Maybe not vulcan, but he's plenty busy with everything else he has to do

dude2020
08-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Maybe not vulcan, but he's plenty busy with everything else he has to dolike Gk,Zodiac,and ooh yea Era

Stone_Tower
08-20-2006, 08:40 PM
If you hack you will just be booted from the game client....

Hackers are easy to figure out, if you have a highly valued scripter for your server, well enough said.

You cant leave Jails, theirs usually only 1 door and thats for the GP to exit. Also, if Zone allows me. I will make a jail and add some scripts.

-Jail sets players name to "Name" (Zone Jail)
-GP sets his player name to "Name" (Zone GP)
-/open1 and /open 2 open up the two jail cells.
-No talking in Jail (If you try and type a message will come up which says no talking....

Any more things a jail needs?

jkool666
08-20-2006, 09:00 PM
The jail is finished, so were told... Just not uploaded...

dude2020
08-20-2006, 09:04 PM
and what ive heard in a past thread
Even if the jail is uplaoded Vulcan isnt going to give the rights

jkool666
08-20-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm going to assume thats wrong :)

dude2020
08-20-2006, 09:33 PM
i belive u said it to Jesse XD or Huwa

MisterMastermind
08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm going to assume thats wrong :)
"I don't trust them enough to give them jail rights." Or something of the sort.

ceserthen
08-20-2006, 10:16 PM
I agree that if a NEW level was added or just redoing parts of the tileset will bring a majority of the people back. Or a whole new type of levels.
I'd be a good ET cause I'd be board as a rock so much I would pretty much be on tag all the time Heh,heh (JOKE)

pooper200000
08-20-2006, 11:15 PM
VUlcan hosted a while ago john events are fun as in 5 to 7 days separation. I don't really care much about prizes or any of that crap anymore. and when was the last time zone had 60+ ppl I wasn't on when that happened

MisterMastermind
08-21-2006, 01:31 AM
VUlcan hosted a while ago john events are fun as in 5 to 7 days separation. I don't really care much about prizes or any of that crap anymore. and when was the last time zone had 60+ ppl I wasn't on when that happened
Agreed wholeheartedly, aside from the spelling. >_<

dude2020
08-21-2006, 01:47 AM
when was the last time zone had 60+ ppl I wasn't on when that happened1.Wtf? 2.Alpha has (or had senice CTF is back) 20+ ppl on it =/ read before post becuz i never said Zone having over 60 ppls

pooper200000
08-21-2006, 02:47 AM
the whoe thign wasn't meant at you I was answering other peoples onversations withou quoting them my bad It generelly doens't the whoel morning when you aren't on it picks up around 4 then dies later on

theHAWKER
08-21-2006, 05:08 PM
i vote you shouldn't have to go gold for zone concidering !~NO ONE PLAYS~!

alexrox222
08-21-2006, 10:00 PM
I've changed my mind Teamers and lamers are teaming and taking over zone like they did to Era

pooper200000
08-21-2006, 10:39 PM
I've changed my mind Teamers and lamers are teaming and taking over zone like they did to Era
I don't mind them taking over zone it adds a new challenge for fresh meat. :) ^^ wheres the rabbit eating the the wolf emo?

MisterMastermind
08-21-2006, 11:16 PM
=/ read before post becuz i never said Zone having over 60 ppls
Not everything he says was to you, that part was directed at cor. Think->Post.

someonesomewhere
08-22-2006, 12:00 AM
By periodically, I also meant before zodiac went classic. xD

pooper200000
08-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Understood. So should zone really be saved

Stone_Tower
08-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Zone needs a majora update, not just old updates from what I was told. Change every map, make some bigger.

Alpha:
Make the map a tad bit larger and reduce the trees, make turrets and more enterable buildings.

Spar:
Add a few more spar arenas, some large and some small. Also make it so only 1 person can fight the bot at a time. This will add to kills and deaths.

Deathmatch:
Make it bigger and dissable the crawl button, too many people hide.

Guild Wars:
Make it bigger and make an area of just ranged attacks. Also add the so-forementioned speeder.

Wildcross: Make it more flat lands and more open.

Irica: Change the bases after everymatch. (A script will do this....)

invaderzim66889
08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Also make it so only 1 person can fight the bot at a time. This will add to kills and deaths.
Thus defeating the purpose of a spar bot. :asleep:

jkool666
08-22-2006, 09:49 AM
I like to think of Zone as a nice, crispy bowl of meow mix... When you poor some in, it gets eaten fast... Then you just have to wait until your owner goes to buy some more... When they do buy some more, you have already told your kitty friends about how good it is, so they come along to. Eventually you finish your bowl and this process continues.

invaderzim66889
08-22-2006, 09:51 AM
I like to think of Zone as a nice, crispy bowl of meow mix... When you poor some in, it gets eaten fast... Then you just have to wait until your owner goes to buy some more... When they do buy some more, you have already told your kitty friends about how good it is, so they come along to. Eventually you finish your bowl and this process continues.
You have a gift my friend.

pooper200000
08-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Deathmatch:
Make it bigger and dissable the crawl button, too many people hide.

Disable it for prize events only. There are no rules in a regular deathmatch.

I always think of graal as a package of skittles. At first you only like the orange and red meaniing classic but eventually youve eaten all the skittles but the green one. Then the only flavor you like is the green one. Zone is the green one :)

MrsMastermind
08-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Disable it for prize events only. There are no rules in a regular deathmatch.
No.

I always think of graal as a package of skittles. At first you only like the orange and red meaniing classic but eventually youve eaten all the skittles but the green one. Then the only flavor you like is the green one. Zone is the green one :)
What?

pooper200000
08-22-2006, 04:01 PM
mesa crazy ^^

Frieza
08-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Zone isnt dieing! Infact today is the highest I hgave ever seen! Their was 50 some players on almost 60! That is the ighest I have ever seen! And GK is Dieing! Look at them!

dude2020
08-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Woo Hoo my name in a pic! :spam:

jkool666
08-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Zone isnt dieing! Infact today is the highest I hgave ever seen! Their was 50 some players on almost 60! That is the ighest I have ever seen! And GK is Dieing! Look at them!
Zone used to have so many more players, updates need to be done...

dude2020
08-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Zone used to have so many more players, updates need to be done...There was some (if u count 2 old planets and LF going 8ways then yes)

jkool666
08-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I suppose, let me rephrase it... They need to make NEW planets.

dude2020
08-23-2006, 11:27 PM
like that mission one that was like a year ago! before i joined w/e

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Oh I don't have permission to say this but Im assuming that when I was told this I was meant to tell this. Stefan was on today and he said the photon cannon will be added by the end of nexts week or added by the end of this weeks. The spelling is his.

Blackdragon
08-27-2006, 02:15 PM
I think everyone has gotten away from what zone was like when it first started like when trails and p2p were almost equal besides the save stuff.. when stefan made it so that only p2ps could wear tags and only got 100 hp zone died right there and then but i can see zone needs updates but still needs to head back with the way of the trails before stefan added the hp subtraction and tag loses for trails.. get them back and zone will have more players then ever.. the mission idea is fun like maybe 3 or 2 teams were u got to fight player like npcs to get like a package or destory something to win.. that would be fun.. hope u guys learn to head back to the beginning.. remember what zone use to be.. and dont flame each other in forumas thats just dumb.. u guys need to all sit down on zone and make a nice big list or maybe a nice topic of just for ideas.. so that u dont got like topics for every idea.. yeah i'll be back to zone guys.. i hope to see all my friends again when i return..

dude2020
08-27-2006, 03:14 PM
I think everyone has gotten away from what zone was like when it first started like when trails and p2p were almost equal besides the save stuff.. when stefan made it so that only p2ps could wear tags and only got 100 hp zone died right there and then but i can see zone needs updates but still needs to head back with the way of the trails before stefan added the hp subtraction and tag loses for trails.. get them back and zone will have more players then ever.. the mission idea is fun like maybe 3 or 2 teams were u got to fight player like npcs to get like a package or destory something to win.. that would be fun.. hope u guys learn to head back to the beginning.. remember what zone use to be.. and dont flame each other in forumas thats just dumb.. u guys need to all sit down on zone and make a nice big list or maybe a nice topic of just for ideas.. so that u dont got like topics for every idea.. yeah i'll be back to zone guys.. i hope to see all my friends again when i return..=O he Posted such a long time (for here i guess still gonna hunt me :) )

Blackdragon
09-01-2006, 03:44 AM
for all who shall know .. my email is being a dumb and wont let me get my password so i have to switch emails but ty to this.. my dad has finally accepted to tell my mom to renew my account so i will come back to zone when i get a new computer but i will visit time to time to check up on u all.. ok luv ya all and yes .. i'll start hunting peolpe when i get back on to rofls.. hunting is fun... oks cyas all laterz..

myth-simba
09-01-2006, 10:37 PM
he's right i think
zone did die when the hp subtractions and such started,

But thats staff for you, Graal staff love destroying games.

MisterMastermind
09-01-2006, 10:49 PM
he's right i think
zone did die when the hp subtractions and such started,

But thats staff for you, Graal staff love destroying games.
They seem to care more about money instead of content.

Blackdragon
09-01-2006, 11:30 PM
lols.. typhoon.. stefan cares for both... but he does only good work for the money.. because without good work and he makes the game stuiped he loses money and if he loses money hes mad...

pooper200000
09-01-2006, 11:57 PM
lols.. typhoon.. stefan cares for both... but he does only good work for the money.. because without good work and he makes the game stuiped he loses money and if he loses money hes mad...
See heres my view most of you might want to stop reading. No offense meant to anyone. Stefan bought graal or something and he added a bunch of improvements for a long time and he occasionly or rarely adds updates. If I were stefan maybe I wuolld have better things to do but if he invests money and time into adding lots of additions like runecape for exp. maybe not that many but then when there are lots of updates the players liike it tell their friends more people come and graal keeps growing from the prouctivesness of teh system and heres tehe cycle instead:
Stefan occasionly to rarely adds updates so less people play due to nothing new. That means less people subscribe. Taht means his constant income from graal is shrinking so why wouldn't he rather put maybe a grand into advertising graal on a good game site and then having hkis community grow so then he has more players and thus more money and ltos of pizza!!!! :)

Dante55555
09-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Zones already dead, or what glimse of hope, pride and honour it once had is. All that were left with now is, nubs, laughter (Sometimes) and SUICIDE (usually causes laughter)...

Zones Oldest were greater than ever, im not sure wether thats coz they had better PCs then or they were better trained or, basicly the noobs they ownt sucked more but its obvouse that zones legends today cant compare at all to the old 1's...

We used to go like 100-200 kills without dieng once, and we only had 5 meds then.. Now we have 10 cookies too and i sometimes struggly to get 60 kills without dying...

Zone was full of noobs because it was new, fresh, and back then everything got u buzzed "OMG I TOOK BASE 1 ALL BY MYSELF! 5 on 1!!!" (Quote by me).. Now its "Ha owned, zzz...." Its obviouse were all ur noobs have fled.. ZODIAC! the nub land of nubs and there nuby mums :P.. But its New and attractive so its popular. It will be dead soon too just like Mal and GK..

Not much we can do really, sept train new legends, talk about history or even write 5 page essays in forums like im doing :).. No new guns will bring zone back to life. Only the people who once played here wud.

MisterMastermind
09-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Zones already dead, or what glimse of hope, pride and honour it once had is. All that were left with now is, nubs, laughter (Sometimes) and SUICIDE (usually causes laughter)...

Zones Oldest were greater than ever, im not sure wether thats coz they had better PCs then or they were better trained or, basicly the noobs they ownt sucked more but its obvouse that zones legends today cant compare at all to the old 1's...

The old legends turned into noobs. You know who you are.

Dante55555
09-20-2006, 12:25 AM
The old legends turned into noobs. You know who you are.

Lol yer i turned into a noob, and i have reason too. Because 1 i dont play zone like a nerd all day like i used to and 2 i lag like fk pretty much 24/7 (IF ur refering to me).. And uve joined the noob side too, u must admit. We all suck now, zone has no legends -.-...

jkool666
09-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Now its "Ha owned, zzz...." Its obviouse were all ur noobs have fled.. ZODIAC! the nub land of nubs and there nuby mums :P.. But its New and attractive so its popular. It will be dead soon too just like Mal and GK..
XD Note how its been *new* for a good 3 months, and it lowest playercount (not including the FIRST time anyone has gone on) has been 60. Zodiac won't die anytime soon... It gets several updates daily.
No new guns will bring zone back to life. Only the people who once played here wud.
Oldbies won't bring it back... New guns and levels will, your completely wrong :frown: :\

Dante55555
09-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Oldbies won't bring it back... New guns and levels will, your completely wrong :frown: :\

New guns wont bring anyone, ur wrong -.- Proton brought how many players? *Cough* None *Cough*.. Infact ive seen less players since it was added, they think it sux that much xD. New guns isnt wat zone needs its already got enough -.- What gun cud possibly make everyone want to stay? .. Too Powerful of a gun wud piss people off and too Crap of a gun wud bore people..

jkool666
09-20-2006, 12:34 AM
New guns wont bring anyone, ur wrong
Read before you post, kthnx. I said new guns and levels. And no, your wrong. I believe guild wars brought zones playercount to 60+? Thats keeping it alive no?

Dante55555
09-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Read before you post, kthnx. I said new guns and levels. And no, your wrong. I believe guild wars brought zones playercount to 60+? Thats keeping it alive no?

Wow my point exactly, new stuff wow.. New stuff grows old. Gws was old within 2 weeks zones players droped by atleast 20 players, everyone went back to Iricia.. Bringing back the old planets made no effect, probly around 5 players increase. kthxnourwrong :)

jkool666
09-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Wow my point exactly, new stuff wow.. New stuff grows old. Gws was old within 2 weeks zones players droped by atleast 20 players, everyone went back to Iricia.. Bringing back the old planets made no effect, probly around 5 players increase. kthxnourwrong :)
Ok, you just proved yourself wrong. Shut up and stop argueing. New things brings players. If Zone got an update ever 2 weeks, then it would always have players. (heres where you proved yourself wrong) you agreed with me, new things brings new players... And regardless. You are in NO POSITION to say I'm wrong, you said oldbie's will keep Zone alive. If Firebox, Silos and Fexii came back, Zones playercount would increase by 3... OoOo....

Stone_Tower
09-20-2006, 01:21 AM
I wasnt around back then, but I can assure you old players wont increase the population. Having updates daily, as Jesse said, like Zodiac will attract people. Yen updates Zodiac atleast one time a day, the last update i've seen on Zone was the Photon Cannon, nothing to get over excited about. Zone needs new maps and ideas, that is the bottom line.

pooper200000
09-20-2006, 01:29 AM
yep its always been that way

Stone_Tower
09-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Also, new weapons may not bring players to zone, but new weapon ideas will. For example

New Rifle: Brings maybe 10 more people to zone for about a week
New Grenade/Blade weapon: Brings about 20 people to zone for a longer period of time.

I think Zone's weapons repeat themselves which is why zone needs to be completely re-done.

Dante55555
09-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Heh, I wouldnt listen to Jesse anyway. For some blind reason he thinks hes better than me, wiser than me. Wen really hes just blatently ignorent and aragent. Since when does zone actually make a name for itself, about a year ago yea maybe but now its just another playerworld and if possible would probly go classic or hosted. No ammount of guns or levels are gonna attract new players. We need something completly diferent, like a story or something. Like RPG yer that would attract alot of people no doubt but after a few months it will decrease alot because of it being unfair to trials.

Maybe we could have something of a specacular event, like. 5 of zones greatest (New or Old) are voted in to zone leadership. Each is assigned a planet and an army, and then they random pick a co-leader to help them incase they need help or resign, and then about 10-30 people to join there army. They would have a perminant guild tag every time they logged on zone untill they resigned, zone would be at war and everyones happy for a few months. Then we anounce a winner for the war. While zones up around 30-50 players think of a new idea to keep them there.

New staff on zone is BADLY needed coz theres never any work lol.

SayianOozaru
09-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Zones staff, aren't really there. They log on RC and sit there, and do there job. There like one of those lazy security guards. They just sit around all the time. ^^

No offence to anyone. ;)

Zones been dying for a long time now though. Its not something that just recently happened. When trials had there Health reduced to 80, and there Guild Tags right being takin away, thats when we lost everyone. Our player count went from 35-50, all the way down to 15-25. Then, slowly, new trials started playing. Why did they start playing? Because, November is when all the newbs come to Graal. And it had just so happened to be November.

New players will come shortly. Zone needs new everything. New weapons do draw in some new players. But for the people (Trials) that cant use the weapon, they tend to get mad and go find something else to play, or leave Graal.

Zone needs new ideas. Im already in the process of thinking-and making- some new things for Zone. Not sure how well it will turn out, but I am working on something.

Dante55555
09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Heh we all have great ideas every now and again. We just need staff to make the dreams come true, which we dont. :(. GL Sayzorzness er :O?.. People think there cool wen they setthere name as that :P .. There not.

jkool666
09-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Heh, I wouldnt listen to Jesse anyway. For some blind reason he thinks hes better than me, wiser than me. Wen really hes just blatently ignorent and aragent.
I love how you seem to think you smart :) Even though I'm right and everyone agrees with me. :)

Since when does zone actually make a name for itself, about a year ago yea maybe but now its just another playerworld and if possible would probly go classic or hosted.
What people like you don't realize, is Zone, being on a Gold Server, it is much harder for Zone to gain players. If any popular classic servers went gold, they would have a hard time gaining activity.

No ammount of guns or levels are gonna attract new players.
Once again, still wrong. New levels+guns will being new players. I don't care how long they play for, but it will bring new players regardless. *Waits for you to prove yourself wrong AGAIN*

We need something completly diferent, like a story or something. [/QUOTE
Wow, I actually agree...

[QUOTE=Dante55555;1219793]Maybe we could have something of a specacular event, like. 5 of zones greatest (New or Old) are voted in to zone leadership. Each is assigned a planet and an army, and then they random pick a co-leader to help them incase they need help or resign, and then about 10-30 people to join there army. They would have a perminant guild tag every time they logged on zone untill they resigned, zone would be at war and everyones happy for a few months. Then we anounce a winner for the war. While zones up around 30-50 players think of a new idea to keep them there.
All of the bold letters, no. The idea is alright I suppose. Needs more thinking involved, go further with it.

SayianOozaru
09-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Lol.

I used that name during Christmas...then put it on once...and now I usually see some people with the same type of name :x

MisterMastermind
09-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Server guilds bring many people. I can see it failing though. Too many people that just sit around and talk to friends instead of pking.

jkool666
09-21-2006, 03:35 AM
Server guilds bring many people. I can see it failing though. Too many people that just sit around and talk to friends instead of pking.
Yeah, sad and true :(
On Zone, friends don't pk each other. They use ctrl S, and E when they walk by each other...

SayianOozaru
09-21-2006, 06:36 AM
They use ctrl S, and E when they walk by each other...

Hahaha. The times. ^^

MisterMastermind
09-21-2006, 01:55 PM
On Zone, friends don't pk each other. They use ctrl S, and E when they walk by each other...I use ctrl R and E while I'm chasing them.

Huwajux
09-21-2006, 05:17 PM
On Zone, friends don't pk each other. They use ctrl S, and E when they walk by each other...
Hehe, that's true. :p

pooper200000
09-21-2006, 10:45 PM

I control r until i die even when im attacked :pluffy: