PDA

View Full Version : Important: To all kingdom leaders and members

Sam
08-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Considering the fact that nothing was done about known inactive kingdoms for quite a long time, I await a report from the current kingdom leaders, what is going on in their kingdoms.
In fact of the decline of activity in all kingdoms (more or less), we cannot accept the current situation anymore.
If necessary we need to set inactive leaders down.

I don't want to hear assignments of guilt, but explanations and new ideas.

Draenin
08-18-2006, 01:49 PM
I've already worked on a new castle for Nighthawks, as well as fixing some of the buildings here and there, currently working on a project unfinished by another leader before me, and taking up a new smaller project for Samurai's gmap as well. Avoiding wars and instead focusing on re-establishing the towns that slowly died out after ZalleWarriorPrincess got the idiot notion to wipe 200 members from tag about 1-2 years ago.

If you need specific details as to what my projects are, I can forum PM you about that. I'd rather keep them secret. :p Glad this is being done. It's not a bad thing to check in on the players, especially since a fair portion of kingdoms is player-run.

Sam
08-19-2006, 01:56 PM
It seems that except Draenin, leader of Samurai, the kingdom leaders not interested in cooperation. We need to find a way to select new leaders then.

Zeltino
08-19-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't think we need to select a new leader for CP. Alan does a fine job as Governor.

hampy
08-19-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't think we need to select a new leader for CP. Alan does a fine job as Governor.

This is true, the same with Draenin. although I do not believe the other leaders have the same enthusiasm towards their kingdoms anymore.

I know me and Draenin do not always see eye to eye, but I know he tries very hard and is doing a good job :)

cyan3
08-19-2006, 06:45 PM

Aye Alan be the best Har Har

Gothika
08-19-2006, 06:52 PM

Thats true.. And I think he's always open for suggestion from mayors on how they could improve there town on d-bug.

Googi
08-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Everybody is going to use that level they started making but haven't touched for 3 months to claim that they're working on kingdom development.

ReBorn_Spirit
08-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Well if you must know Forest is still working on getting back to where it should be. We are much better off now then last month if you must know. I am having some problems with Draxx's inactivity but I continue to keep Forest on a decent path to recovery.

As for level development goes, Draxx had claim to most of the kingdom isle, so out of respect for his work I was waiting for him to finish something or tell me what I can get to work on as I am not sure what entirely is to be done to large areas of the island.

I do know that we were supposed to be moving the town of Avanik and the castle soon (Soon as Draxx is actually around of course).

LadyShadowZero
08-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Along with the queen, I, and Count Johnathan am attempting to make Forest a fun and enriching place to be.

There have been many advancements in activity as well as kingdom functionality...also according the fact that I try to promote an "open-door" policy, in which members of Forest can come to me, or any others that are willing to listen, and relay either issues with the kingdom itself which includes questions/concerns or about any troubles they may be experiencing for real...

I am mainly on the game world itself admittedly and not in development of the kingdom on debug. ( except for maybe ideas or potential articles to add to the kingdom itself, though I have a few projects in mind which I am still brainstorming over and hopefully plan to implement soon ) This I have discussed at length with Draxx and even though he is slightly inactive, ( which is due to some rather real-life important reasons at the moment ) he has acknowledged and also communicated our progress, including the building and placement of the new Forest citadel.

I in turn, hopefully along with the queen's assistance, wish to appoint an events co-ordinator for our kingdom as well, being that my many discourses with Alan have led to new insights and ever-growing ideas, I think it is high time we had some real adventure/games in which all the people within the kingdom could participate in.

I know in game I have spoken about this before, but now is a call for action since I cannot perform everything myself...I do however have some rather interesting prizes to donate to whomever is willing to accept this position and at length, further issues shall be discussed regarding this matter.

calani
08-21-2006, 06:30 PM
I am in the process of rebuilding a dead kingdom from the ground-up, thanks to Bosh and his brigade convincing everyone to leave the kingdom. This wouldn't be bad, except there are few people that want to join an empty kingdom. I've added ~10 members to Zormite so far, which is fairly decent considering the circumstances.
Besides on-game issues, I've also been planning a huge project for Zormite Island, one that I think even you would be impressed by. Its taking a very long time since I'm running into the same problem as before when I was doing the new animations for spells - everyone blatantly refuses to help. The only help I've gotten was a suggestion or two from Stefan, Stephen, Draenin, and a bit of mock interest from Malinko. Other than that, everyone else has refused help; Malinko was going to supply a crude tileset that he made awhile ago, but he didn't want to spend the time and look (oh, I'm sorry, he 'couldn't find it.' heh). My lackey also doesn't do a terrible amount of work.. so far he's only added one town, and its completely bugged. So yes, this project is going to take awhile. Forgive the ranting.

Once I start feeling better (been feeling sick for around a week now) I'll be more active on player again, and hopefully will get a few new members because of it. As soon as I find a few people I can trust as recruiters, things should really take off.

Draenin
08-21-2006, 06:44 PM
The only help I've gotten was a suggestion or two from Stefan and Stephen, and a bit of mock interest from Malinko. You got suggestions from me. >:|

Googi
08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
You got suggestions from me. >:|

Haha, you gave her what?

MadScience7
08-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I was on vacation last week (finally) but I'm back now, and thanks for the support guys. What I am finding is that, no matter how hard we work to make CP active and keep new events going (like the Olympics) and additions in the works (like a town on Ghoul Island) that our overall participation from long term members seems to be declining mostly due to overall game content - no new major features. People get excited over new additions like weather, new ships, magic changes, new items, complex events (like the cool Christmas one). These kind of things, or anything else that changes the dynamics of how people play will generate weeks of exploration fun and forums trash talk about the goodness or badness of the changes. Additions like this really keep people upgrading their accounts. Give them a challenge and they will come to participate.

Draenin
08-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Haha, you gave her what?I said suggestions, not AIDS. :whatever:

Googi
08-21-2006, 08:12 PM
I said suggestions

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

Gothika
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
(like a town on Ghoul Island).

Har Har! I been waiting for this. I'd love live there. It be a perfect place for me. I'd be able to restock cannonballs without sailing down to Pirton.

Sam
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Thank you all for your reply, only Fr0chin's is left...

Well, I think a very important part of leading a kingdom is to be around and "leading" the kingdom and their members by RPing. It's always nice to improve the kingdom by new stuff like levels and such, but at last counts the fun in playing together.
So please my dear leaders, try to be active and/or hire active co-leaders. That's very important for GK and for your kingom.

Googi
08-21-2006, 10:18 PM
I've been hearing that Fr0 quit, though I suspect the people saying this may simply be trying to inflate the value of their Ogma weapons.

calani
08-21-2006, 11:19 PM
you gave her what?
Suggestions, as in the plural form of the word Suggestion:

sug·ges·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (səg-jĕ'chən, sə-jĕs'-)
n.
1. The act of suggesting.
2. Something suggested: We ordered the shrimp, a suggestion of the waiter.
3. The sequential process by which one thought or mental image leads to another.

4. a. A psychological process by which an idea is induced in or adopted by another without argument, command, or coercion.
4. b. An idea or response so induced.
5. A hint or trace: just a suggestion of makeup; the first suggestion of trouble ahead.

sug·ges·tion (səg-jĕ'chən, sə-jĕs'-)
n.

Implanting of an idea in the mind of another by a word or act so as to influence conduct or physical condition.

Googi
08-22-2006, 12:13 AM
lol dictionary.com

I, too, am adept at this method.

rhetorical question

n : a statement that is formulated as a question but that is not supposed to be answered; "he liked to make his points with rhetorical questions"

calani
08-22-2006, 02:29 AM
a statement that is formulated as a question but that is not supposed to be answered
Your statement lacked any actual point or meaning.

Googi
08-22-2006, 03:39 AM
Your statement lacked any actual point or meaning.

Whether you can find the meaning or not, I don't see any mention of "meaning" in the definition.

4jordan4
08-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Thank you all for your reply, only Fr0chin's is left...

I believe that fr0 is on a break right now , and in his absensce he has given Steven Snow the honour of King . Me and Steven at the moment are working to try and recruit new members and to try and become an active kingdom as Dustari once was .

Sam
09-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I believe that fr0 is on a break right now , and in his absensce he has given Steven Snow the honour of King . Me and Steven at the moment are working to try and recruit new members and to try and become an active kingdom as Dustari once was .

Sounds good.

Zero Hour
09-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Sounds good.
Not to me. Leaders should assign other people to control their kingdoms if they're going to go on extended "breaks". It's sort of like kids, I'm afraid. You can't just leave them to their own, or they'll end up curled up to Rex in the dog house, barking at everyone that walks by.

What would you look like then?

4jordan4
09-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Not to me. Leaders should assign other people to control their kingdoms if they're going to go on extended "breaks". It's sort of like kids, I'm afraid. You can't just leave them to their own, or they'll end up curled up to Rex in the dog house, barking at everyone that walks by.

What would you look like then?

Wouldnt you look like a rex in a dog house? :eek: