PDA

View Full Version : Buyable items for Zone

Stone_Tower
08-14-2006, 11:57 PM
These are some new ideas I have. I was browsing around and I noticed people have alot of money saved, and they have bought simply everything their is to buy. Well I have come up with some new buyable weapons.

Emergency Kit: Heals you to full hp.
Capacity: You can hold up to 5 at a time.
Price: 50

Plasma Wall: Summons a wall of plasma which blocks all bullets and melee attacks. You can use up to 5 walls at a time, and they cover about 5 tiles each. Each wall lasts about 35 seconds.
Capacity: You can hold up to 20 at a time.
Price: 100

Armor: Supplies a full set of armor, this includes the body piece, the arm pieces, the leg pieces and the helmet.
Price: 10,000 for the set.
Body Piece: Adds 10 hp and reduces damage by 5
Arm Pieces: Adds 5 hp and recudes damage by 2
Leg Pieces: Adds 5 hp and recudes damage by 2
Helmet: Adds 10 hp and recudes damage by 5

Smoke Grenades: Explodes into a cloudy tundra of smoke.
Price: 10
Capacity: You can hold up to 50 at a time

Boot Jets: Adds jets to your boots. Takes around 5 energy per second, but it doubles yoru characters speed.
Price: 5,000
Note: They do not make you fly, they make you run faster.

Hologram: Projects a holographic image of yourself, this confuses the enemy. These holographs never die out until someone damages them to 0 out of their 100 hp.
Capacity: You can hold up to 10 at a time

These items should give more of a meaning to money.

dude2020
08-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Armor: Supplies a full set of armor, this includes the body piece, the arm pieces, the leg pieces and the helmet.
Helmet: Adds 10 hp and recudes damage by 5little to late to come up with that its been made but not uploaded the idea just died i guess

pooper200000
08-15-2006, 12:03 AM

No that will help lamers too much

Plasma Wall: Summons a wall of plasma which blocks all bullets and melee attacks. You can use up to 5 walls at a time, and they cover about 5 tiles each. Each wall lasts about 35 seconds.

Can you shoot out of it if so no. Less time either way

10k each?!?!
No just pointless jsut throw a bunch of gas grenades

Boot Jets: Adds jets to your boots. Takes around 5 energy per second, but it doubles yoru characters speed.

Do they take an equip space?
Hologram: Projects a holographic image of yourself, this confuses the enemy. These holographs never die out until someone damages them to 0 out of their 100 hp.

People will see you walk away anyway if not they will just shoot them when no ones there

Stone_Tower
08-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Im new so I do not know how to quote very well, but anyways its 10k for the whole set, not 10k each. The smoke grenades are a distraction as are the holograms. The health packs will not help lamer, as they are used by everyone. Therefor if their used by lamers, then everyone is a lamer. Also the boot jets WILL take up 1 slot.

Darlene159
08-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Im new so I do not know how to quote very wellJust hit the quote button under the persons post, then type your message after the Quoted text.
:)

Stone_Tower
08-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Just hit the quote button under the persons post, then type your message after the Quoted text.
:)

Oh, ok got it, thanks alot <3.

I have one more idea actually, its a stat sheet. With people that have 10k or more kills, they get added to this sheet. This determines the best kills:death ration. The top 12 ratio's go on the board.

MisterMastermind
08-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Oh, ok got it, thanks alot <3.

I have one more idea actually, its a stat sheet. With people that have 10k or more kills, they get added to this sheet. This determines the best kills:death ration. The top 12 ratio's go on the board.
Kill:Death ratio's are earned by laming and logging.
Emergency kit: Hell no.
Plasma wall: Yes.
Armor: Maybe, but not with that much damage reduction.
Smoke grenade: Maybe, but I'm afraid it might cause major lag. Hopefully stefan can make it basically a large grey circle with particle effects around the edges.
Boot jets: No, those would be over powered.
Hologram: Yes, but it should be an NPC.

Crono
08-15-2006, 01:22 AM

You do realize that's a total of 14 damage resistance which renders half the guns USELESS? For example according to your reduces damage by, KV9 would do 0 damage each bullet.

Stone_Tower
08-15-2006, 01:33 AM
You do realize that's a total of 14 damage resistance which renders half the guns USELESS? For example according to your reduces damage by, KV9 would do 0 damage each bullet.

Well again your missing the point that im new to zone. I dont know what most guns do, sorry. I just wrote down random numbers that I felt werent that high. Maybe the armor will just add hp and not damage reduction?

Crono
08-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Well again your missing the point that im new to zone. I dont know what most guns do, sorry. I just wrote down random numbers that I felt werent that high. Maybe the armor will just add hp and not damage reduction?

In my opinion if such a thing was implemented it should reduce damage in percentages.

Then again I'm not fond of the idea. You can't just change game mechanics so dramatically when the server has been out for so long.

Stone_Tower
08-15-2006, 01:37 AM
In my opinion if such a thing was implemented it should reduce damage in percentages.

Then again I'm not fond of the idea. You can't just change game mechanics so dramatically when the server has been out for so long.

I do bealive that Zone should have armor, for the simple fact that more p2p additions means more p2p players. Trials wont play if their vsing a p2p with 100+ hp, thus making the trials to consider switching to p2p.

armor+trial=p2p
p2p=more money for Stefan
money=Stefan's happyness
Stefan's happyness=Our happyness!

ceserthen
08-15-2006, 02:03 AM
just to point it out these have all been recomended before but has anything major been done... no. but some of the general ideas have been good. damges in body armor should change by percent subtraction not direct subtraction or you would be impervios to the chaingun and other weapons of that nature. The armor should also have a letdown of a slower movement

Crono
08-15-2006, 02:13 AM
Possibly if body armor did exist, it should be an event item?

That and maybe have the armor either be resistant to plasma or pistol. Can't be both. This will give more chances for armor and be more to event out.

I still don't like the idea, but giving the other side of the view to the idea.

invaderzim66889
08-15-2006, 08:39 AM
I've thought about this idea for a while now. Before this post that is. Okay first of all, I don't know the size of one tile, so I'm going to say it should be the size of 2 people standing side by side. But it shouldn't be timed. It should just absorb damage. They should absorb maybe about 200-300 damage. After that it dissapears. Price should be around 100-200. Maybe the could be transluent too. Only carried by defenders, marines, and heavyinfantry. I just tore apart your idea and made it my own. Welcome to Zone.
xD

Stone_Tower
08-15-2006, 10:04 AM
I've thought about this idea for a while now. Before this post that is. Okay first of all, I don't know the size of one tile, so I'm going to say it should be the size of 2 people standing side by side. But it shouldn't be timed. It should just absorb damage. They should absorb maybe about 200-300 damage. After that it dissapears. Price should be around 100-200. Maybe the could be transluent too. Only carried by defenders, marines, and heavyinfantry. I just tore apart your idea and made it my own. Welcome to Zone.
xD

lol, well that idea is good too. I just think we need some new and improved items to buy, considering i've seen players with 100k plus and nothing to do with it.

invaderzim66889
08-15-2006, 10:15 AM
lol, well that idea is good too. I just think we need some new and improved items to buy, considering i've seen players with 100k plus and nothing to do with it.
I agree indefinatley. I was buying meds, and thought, "Wow there is nothing to buy." Like a Wal-Mart after the-day-after-thanksigiving.

Huwajux
08-15-2006, 01:03 PM
I've been thinking about a new medical system to prevent this from being used for abuse/laming. Instead of just hitting the select button and getting full hp again, I suggest that with medkits, when you select it the normal + appears above your head. Yet instead of you regaining all your Hp all together it slowly builds up like energy does. Meaning if the healing process is interrupted you would of used up the medkit and not got as much HP back as you normally would. But, with the normal medkit and not the E-kit, because it only heals 40hp, it would build up as usual but then stop automatically after it has healed you by 40hp.
5 walls with 5 tiles? I am not really into that, but Crono's idea of either blocking plasma, energy or normal bullets sounds like a good one. Also, not 20 at a time, about 10-15.
Sounds like a good method, just decrease the reductions in damage so problems like the Kv9 mentioned do not happen.
People saying 'Use Gas Grenades instead', I think this smoke grenade would be better. Seeing as smoke is darker and the cloud could be a bit larger.
Boot Jets: Adds jets to your boots. Takes around 5 energy per second, but it doubles your characters speed.

Sounds ok, but aswell as energy they should also take up some form of ammo or it will leave some players in the dark.
It should be like the sparring bot, it just walks around and shoots anyone is sees (Diagonally aswell, mind you) with whatever weapon you have out. When it is created it will have the same attributes as you at the time of creation. So if you have 81hp when making it, it will start with 81hp. And other attributes like that (Class speed etc). But when it gets hit don't come up with something over it's head like "Vehicle Damage: 20hp" otherwise that will obviously ruin it.

All in all, these are decent ideas, even though some have been suggested before it's nice to see them all in one thread. Thanks. :)

pooper200000
08-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Im new so I do not know how to quote very well, but anyways its 10k for the whole set, not 10k each. The smoke grenades are a distraction as are the holograms. The health packs will not help lamer, as they are used by everyone. Therefor if their used by lamers, then everyone is a lamer. Also the boot jets WILL take up 1 slot.
REgarding the smoke grenades and holograms people will see you walk away and if they stand still its kinda obvious their a hologram. Also huwa it would have to be a weak spar bot what if it killed you they get the kill? Then people will set up packs of like 5 of them at once and the sppar bots currently are very good

killer_dog10
08-15-2006, 03:10 PM
H every one this my frist time postings here :D.
I like the wall of plasma but instead of all the space it should
1.just discolors you showing you have a sheild
2.uses both gun slots
3.toggles on\off so you can run in an building or look into your back pack
4.Used plasma rounds like 1 plasma round for 1 hp
5.electrons and taze bombs disable it or does extra damage to it

I would use this to get the the base lamers because I can't use the fly in glitch instead I can run and go to a spot while some peeps follow me in to distract and I can switch out my wep and help

I believe that thier should be more buyable weps because It will make f2p want to pay. Infact long ago I became a p2p just to use the jetpack to fly in and stop those base lamers.

Huwajux
08-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Also huwa it would have to be a weak spar bot what if it killed you they get the kill? Then people will set up packs of like 5 of them at once and the sppar bots currently are very good
Only 1 at a time? [/commonsense]

pooper200000
08-15-2006, 10:10 PM
oh ok then its not so bad but stil they haver to be weak spar bots the spar bots kill me a lot.

jkool666
08-15-2006, 11:24 PM
No, more ways to lame... And thats 20 heals people can make.

Sounds ok.

No, to many guns would do 0...

Tundra... Interesting word... Did you know theres barly any trees or vegitation in the tundra, the ground is sooooo hard that none can form... Poor wildlife... Oh about the idea, sure, but you can hold 1000 like other grenades.

No, terrible, Scouts and Commandos could FLY (not literly) across the map, they could rival speed hackers...

I don't like it, clearly they wouldn't be transparent so you could use them to block bullets and hide behind.

Stone_Tower
08-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Too many things to quote, but alot of feeback which I like :), thanks. Anyways I was thinking, and this is what I have came up with. (Upgrades of my previous ideas)

Emergency Kit: Heals your character to full health.
Capacity: You can hold up to 3 at a time.
Note: You can only use the emergency kit once every 30 seconds.

Plasma Wall: Shields your character. This item protects you from all plasma bullets, this includes all rifles and even the plasma saber. The only way to take it down is by attacking with a solid bullet and not a plasma one. These wall(s) have 200 hp.
Capacity: You can hold up to 10 at a time.
Note: Each wall covers 3 player lengths. You can use up to 4 plasma walls at a time but no more then that.

Armor: Supplies a full set of armor to your character.
Body Piece: Adds 10 health points to your character. Has a 10% chance to block bullets. Has a 15% chance to block plasma bullets. Has a 10% chance to block melee attacks.
Arm Piece(s): Adds 3 health points to your character. Has a 3% chance to block bullets. Has a 5% chance to block plasma bullets. Has a 3% chance to block melee attacks.
Leg Piece(s): Adds 2 health points to your character. Has a 2% chance to block bullets. Has a 5% chance to block plasma bullets. Has a 2% chance to block melee attacks.
Helmet: Adds 5 health points to your character. Has a 5% chance to block bullets. Has a 5% chance to block plasma bullets. Has a 5% chance to block melee attacks.
Total addition to health: 20
Total chance to block bullets: 20%
Total chance to block plasma bullets: 30%
Total chance to block melee attacks: 20%

Smoke Grenades: Explodes into a large cloud of smoke and fog.
Capacity: You can hold up to 100 at a time.
Note: These grenades explode into about a 10 player by 10 player distance/ (Meaning 10 players wide and 10 players long)

I got rid of the boot jets idea since many people didnt like it.

Plasma Puppet: This puppet follows your look and attack the opposing enemy.
Note: These puppets use the weapon appirces, they have a total of 25 hp and move at the speed of scout.

pooper200000
08-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Smoke Grenades: Explodes into a large cloud of smoke and fog.
Capacity: You can hold up to 100 at a time.
Note: These grenades explode into about a 10 player by 10 player distance/ (Meaning 10 players wide and 10 players long)
So big block of smoke? I don't midn but does it a block radar too? I don't lik,e the idea of being attacked by them in large groups in the the spawn pooint maybe can only use them in certain places not inside buildings like b1 that would tzke up most of the room. Can the plaeer who throws it see out?

Plasma Puppet: This puppet follows your look and attack the opposing enemy.
Note: These puppets use the weapon appirces, they have a total of 25 hp and move at the speed of scout.
Move qat fastest speed on the planet

Stone_Tower
08-16-2006, 02:28 AM
So big block of smoke? I don't midn but does it a block radar too? I don't lik,e the idea of being attacked by them in large groups in the the spawn pooint maybe can only use them in certain places not inside buildings like b1 that would tzke up most of the room. Can the plaeer who throws it see out?

Move qat fastest speed on the planet

Well, they cant be used in dropship, but anywhere else, they can be. They dont block the radar but they block the screen, and they cover anyone whose in the nearby enemy on the radar. Until the smoke dissapears, you wont see anyone on the radar. Also, it only has 25 hp. 1 or 2 hits and its dead...

Huwajux
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM
@ Jesse
Did you even read my post?

Crono
08-16-2006, 02:49 PM

Why appirces? Why not Something else?

I still don't like this idea of messing with the game mechanics.

ceserthen
08-16-2006, 03:15 PM
The smoke bomb should just be one big paticle effect. Sometimes you can see the enemies siometimes you cant, depending on the particle movement. but the whole purpose of it would be to escape so.

jkool666
08-16-2006, 04:27 PM
@ Darkymobober (Huwajux) Can't I have my own oppinion :(

killer_dog10
08-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Thier should be a double barrel shot gun that can be used as a sword :D
I don't know shoots 12bullet shot(wide range) but the clip only hold one shot at a time. It can look mostly cool not really for fighting big crowds(by your self) of course it as a plasma blade but does a wide attack doing 40 damage

I was thinking about this and is half\half on this one but better then my other ideals like flame mortar :D or goo mines and fire ball mines or my favorite bounce shotgun balls where you fire and it go forward and exploding releasing bullets. XD
also armour like energy(plasma and lasers)/flak(explode)/bullet proof(umm bullets) armor to reduce damage by 15 percent(for f2p which each will cost 1000) or 30 for upgraded armour(cost about 5000) and when you go all the armour you can get the super armour that blocks all damage by 20 percent this is somthing you have to equip in your back pack but uses no slots (because you wearing it)

ceserthen
08-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Thier should be a double barrel shot gun that can be used as a sword :D
I don't know shoots 12bullet shot(wide range) but the clip only hold one shot at a time. It can look mostly cool not really for fighting big crowds(by your self) of course it as a plasma blade but does a wide attack doing 40 damage

Double barrel and only one shot per clip? you should use my idea 5 gauge double barrel automatic shotgun with law enforcment style clip that holds 10 rounds=Fun

killer_dog10
08-16-2006, 07:29 PM
thats sounds to powerful

Stone_Tower
08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Why appirces? Why not Something else?

I still don't like this idea of messing with the game mechanics.

How about kv9? Anyways what about the other ideas?