PDA

View Full Version : Dart guns

pooper200000
08-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Why is the dart gun a single equip weapon not able to be equipped with 2 to shoot 2 bullets since it is a pistol? It can't even be equipped with two bullets. Do you think that the dart gun should be able to be double equipped?

dude2020
08-11-2006, 02:59 AM
No its like Crossbow its 1 handed and should stay one handed Sory

smirt362
08-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Why is the dart gun a single equip weapon not able to be equipped with 2 to shoot 2 bullets since it is a pistol? It can't even be equipped with two bullets. Do you think that the dart gun should be able to be double equipped?
Probably because you have to hand load each shot and that would be dificult with two guns in your hands.

Draenin
08-11-2006, 03:02 AM
Unless, of course, you are The Gunslinger.

smirt362
08-11-2006, 03:04 AM
Unless, of course, you are The Gunslinger.

Well thats just a given.

pooper200000
08-11-2006, 03:17 AM
what about appriiper and arrpices?

SayianOozaru
08-11-2006, 04:03 AM
Hes talking about the dart gun, not the crossbow.

The Dart Gun, is 1 handed because it poisons (i think) and look at how fast it is >_<

Huwajux
08-11-2006, 11:53 AM
what about appriiper and arrpices?
Ammo clips and darts are two different things.

pooper200000
08-11-2006, 02:04 PM
oh good point! huwa but it could still be reloaded by your mouth! so why not?

hampy
08-11-2006, 03:55 PM
no

pooper200000
08-11-2006, 03:56 PM
ye sit can I have a huge mouth see!

MisterMastermind
08-11-2006, 06:06 PM
ye sit can I have a huge mouth see!
I'm going to laugh when you try that in real life and swallow a poison dart.

theHAWKER
08-15-2006, 05:08 AM
is it just me or dose pooper200000 talk to much?

Sulukra
08-15-2006, 05:48 AM
is it just me or dose pooper200000 talk to much?

And you just noticed? We noticed that ages ago.

someonesomewhere
08-15-2006, 06:40 AM
Try not to get too technical. Look, dart gun is a faster, weaker crossbow. It's pretty lame, when you think about it. If you're going to make it dual equippable, why not dark pulsar as well? I mean, sure, 40 damage at the speed of a rifle doesn't seem too fair, but hey, it's realistic, so why not?

:rolleyes:

Draenin
08-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Dual wielding for some weapons ist stupid. Face it. Nobody in their right minds would dual wield something like rocket launchers or sniper rifles, so get the stupid hollywood action films out of your head. There's no good reason to dual wield a dartgun.

invaderzim66889
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Try not to get too technical. Look, dart gun is a faster, weaker crossbow. It's pretty lame, when you think about it. If you're going to make it dual equippable, why not dark pulsar as well? I mean, sure, 40 damage at the speed of a rifle doesn't seem too fair, but hey, it's realistic, so why not?

:rolleyes:
Er...yeah. Okay.
But seriously we should dual DP and Hg =o Fun laming.

pooper200000
08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Er...yeah. Okay.
quoted for white textation

killer_dog10
08-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Dual wielding for some weapons ist stupid. Face it. Nobody in their right minds would dual wield something like rocket launchers or sniper rifles, so get the stupid hollywood action films out of your head. There's no good reason to dual wield a dartgun.

I forgot about this one movie but It was the one that this guy had a gas powered cross bow to fight.
Maybe a gas power cross bow can be buyable but this one won't be poisoned and does less dammage like 14-10 anyways I don't ever remember any hollywood films where somone is dual weilding rocket launchers or snipers rifles let alone crossbows

Also dart guns and cross bows are different because dart guns uses gases to move while cross bow uses a string

MysticalDragon
08-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I forgot about this one movie but It was the one that this guy had a gas powered cross bow to fight.
Maybe a gas power cross bow can be buyable but this one won't be poisoned and does less dammage like 14-10 anyways I don't ever remember any hollywood films where somone is dual weilding rocket launchers or snipers rifles let alone crossbows

Also dart guns and cross bows are different because dart guns uses gases to move while cross bow uses a string
ummmm I don't think it uses "gases" to move, I'am pretty sure in real life its a spring mechanisim.Gases would be Hazardous, Don't you think? Anyways I voted No because it would indeed be *****ic to wield 2 "Poisionous" Dart guns in my opinion.

killer_dog10
08-15-2006, 03:55 PM
ummmm I don't think it uses "gases" to move, I'am pretty sure in real life its a spring mechanisim.Gases would be Hazardous, Don't you think? Anyways I voted No because it would indeed be *****ic to wield 2 "Poisionous" Dart guns in my opinion.

Gases are not hazardous... if they are used right anyways what do you call blow darts, paint ball guns, those BB guns at statefairs that uses air , pumkin\potatoe cannons, pee shooters alot of stuff uses gases even those ships that launch jets off the decks use steam(Thats a gas to) to push the jets fast enough to lift themselfs up.
springs will work but thier not strong enough to shoot or it be to hard to load.

Crono
08-15-2006, 03:57 PM
It should be dual handed because it makes sense. The dart gun only takes up one hand and is just like any other pistol, so dual hand it. Reloading should take twice as long.

MysticalDragon
08-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Gases are not hazardous... if they are used right anyways what do you call blow darts, paint ball guns, those BB guns at statefairs that uses air , pumkin\potatoe cannons, pee shooters alot of stuff uses gases even those ships that launch jets off the decks use steam(Thats a gas to) to push the jets fast enough to lift themselfs up.
springs will work but thier not strong enough to shot or it be to hard to load.

ummm Blow darts is operated when you blow in them (No Co2 at all) :/.Paintball guns,Pellet Guns,BB Guns all use a spring to operate them not gas.Co2 makes them go faster but the spring is what causes them to move.and Co2 is highly dangerous and a Dart gun doesn't use a co2 cartridge.Iv never used a pumpkin or potatoe cannon so I can't state my opinion on those.Imagine a spring thick and about this size | | getting pushed to about this size || thats some power + speed.And Darts are so light they don't need a Co2 cartridge especially with a poisionus dart.

Note:Some of the lower grade BB Guns don't even use a co2 at all :o
It should be dual handed because it makes sense. The dart gun only takes up one hand and is just like any other pistol, so dual hand it. Reloading should take twice as long.
I don't think the problem is that its not possible, the problem is that it would be unfair.For 1 there poisionous, so they have a longer effect then a average bullet and for 2 the darts are uberly fast (from what I read):/

killer_dog10
08-15-2006, 04:12 PM
ummm Blow darts is operated when you blow in them (No Co2 at all) :/.Paintball guns,Pelet Guns,BB Guns all use a spring to operate them not gas.Co2 makes them go faster but the spring is what causes them to move.and Co2 is highly dangerous and a Dart gun doesn't use a co2 cartridge.Iv never used a pumpkin or potatoe cannon so I can't state my opinion on those.Imagine a spring thick and about this size | | getting pushed to about this size || thats some power + speed.And Darts are so light they don't need a Co2 cartridge especially with a poisionus dart.\
Spring loads them in place not fire them. anyway how is CO2 danerous?? it's not flamable, we make CO2 gas everytime we take a breath!!! Springs are not fast enough to shot a dart. Anyways a spring that thin would never be able to have the power to push a dart like gases can . If you notice all the really good BB guns out there and pellet guns use air. The spring BB guns are those cheap ones.

pooper200000
08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
ty finally someone agrees with me

MysticalDragon
08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
\
Spring loads them in place not fire them. anyway how is CO2 danerous?? it's not flamable, we make CO2 gas everytime we take a breath!!! Springs are not fast enough to shot a dart. anyways a spring that thick would need alot of room to work right. If you notice all the really good BB guns out there and pellet guns use air. The spring BB guns are those cheap ones
Your quite funny and ignorant, springs from the clip loads them in place.
Co2s are dangerous indeed,I never said it was flammable but its Air compressed into a small cartridge desperately waiting to explode(Realese not blow up).Dart Guns are silent for creeping etc and it does't need a Co2.Otherwise it would make noise.Just because a spring is thick doesn't mean it can't fit.Thats what makes it so much stronger because its forced to where its at.

P.S
If it did need a Co2 Why don't you have to reload a Co2 Cartridge in Zone?
And I'am not saying ALLL Dart Guns are operated by spring but the ones on zone load no Gas cartridge.

killer_dog10
08-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Your quite funny and ignorant, springs from the clip loads them in place.
Co2s are dangerous indeed,I never said it was flammable but its Air compressed into a small cartridge desperately waiting to explode(Realese not blow up).Dart Guns are silent for creeping etc and it does't need a Co2.Otherwise it would make noise.Just because a spring is thick doesn't mean it can't fit.Thats what makes it so much stronger because its forced to where its at.

P.S
If it did need a Co2 Why don't you have to reload a Co2 Cartridge in Zone?
And I'am not saying ALLL Dart Guns are operated by spring but the ones on zone load no Gas cartridge.
lol it feels funny that were fighting about air and springs but if it doen't need air then the vacume from the dart being push by the spring will be extremly great making it slow when it's moving down a barrel.Dont say that this happens to guns because gun powder ignites it turns into a super expanding gas the pushes the bullet at great speeds. Anyways loading a dart in a gun thats uses a spring would mean pushing it down the barrle because how are yuo going to **** the spring to fire again?? Anyway the cases of the CO2 are very strong if you shot at it just leaves a hole it and it sputters around abit
any way I sure a C02 cartridge can shoot 250 shots that if you can use them all before you die. If you want every 6 full reloads you will replace the cartridge to make it more real

Crono
08-15-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't think the problem is that its not possible, the problem is that it would be unfair.For 1 there poisionous, so they have a longer effect then a average bullet and for 2 the darts are uberly fast (from what I read):/

Unfair? These guns are only available on Gwars.

So what if they're poisionous? Longer effect than an average bullet? I don't get what you're saying there.

Uberly fast? Then get ready to use a cookie or medpack the moment you are hit.

someonesomewhere
08-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Er...yeah. Okay.
Lol. I need to make my sarcasm more evident.

invaderzim66889
08-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Lol. I need to make my sarcasm more evident.
So should I ;o

killer_dog10
08-16-2006, 01:56 AM
Unfair? These guns are only available on Gwars.

So what if they're poisionous? Longer effect than an average bullet? I don't get what you're saying there.

Uberly fast? Then get ready to use a cookie or medpack the moment you are hit.
I forgot that dart guns in the real world use gun powder anyways XD.We can say that the darts go in a clip and fire like normal bullets

Anyways I wanted to qoute on this because once your shot by a dart your going down because by the time you get out a cookie or a med pack your dead unless to preprep it... plus once you do med you most liky get hit again but if you manage to leave you have to run to get out an one handed wep.

So better just have a one handed wep in one hand and a cookie in an other.

But you do have a point that it only on Gwars because I hate Gwars(having to wait for the last person on the team standing in an tent or runing untill the timer runs out gets boring) so as long it's not on a planet that we all use like ircia then the dart guns are no big deal .

pooper200000
08-16-2006, 02:20 AM
yah most *****s heal instead of flying where they can't get hit then healing