PDA

View Full Version : Should Aprippers Be Changed?. Stefan, read.

SayianOozaru
08-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Ok, basically when you changed the speed of some of the weapons, you made aprippers to over powered. Now when you shoot them, you dont even stop (well you stop for like .1 sec) you just keep running x-x

Doing 40 dmg, and having them be that fast is a little unfair. Now there better than Event Items...Why? We (players) worked hard at getting Red Pistols, or Blue Pistols, or Reapers. And now you just changed it to where we didnt even have to work hard to get a better pistol...

Stefan, before you make the changes next time can you ask about it?...You rarely/never play (and we all understand that your 30 (or 31 or somethign like that) and you dont wanna play the game, or just have to much to do) so you dont really know what pistol/rifle is like what..Aprippers were fine before you switched them...

jkool666
08-10-2006, 07:28 PM
I completely agree. Those guns are the most unfair weapon there is... The ONLY thing thats still good about bluepistols is the ammo/clip. ApRippers destroy the speed of them...

MisterMastermind
08-10-2006, 07:33 PM
I agree. They make event weapons obsolete, and they take no skill to use.

pooper200000
08-10-2006, 09:00 PM
me too

Crono
08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
It's fine.

Event weapons aren't meant to be best, they are meant to be eye candy.

pooper200000
08-10-2006, 09:14 PM
so why not better too'?

SayianOozaru
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
crono, if there not better than the main 2 pistols, no bodys going to try to win them, because theres no point if u can get a better gun with the scout class...if there not slowed down, they should atleast do less dmg...like 15 or so...instead of 20 x-x

Crono
08-10-2006, 10:24 PM
crono, if there not better than the main 2 pistols, no bodys going to try to win them, because theres no point if u can get a better gun with the scout class...if there not slowed down, they should atleast do less dmg...like 15 or so...instead of 20 x-x

There is a point, the event weapons do what 20 damage each? Thats good and they look attractive. If people dont want to win them then dont come to events, Cronopants needs some of his own ;)

SayianOozaru
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok, but this isn't a thread about that. This is about Aprippers, and them being to over powered now. They were fine, the way they were before.

Crono
08-10-2006, 11:33 PM
They are fine now.

SayianOozaru
08-11-2006, 12:39 AM
It seems that only 3 people agree with you. That's saying something. :rolleyes:

pooper200000
08-11-2006, 12:40 AM
i agree with crono so take a vote from your side and add it to his

dude2020
08-11-2006, 12:53 AM
all i ahve to say is i agree with Sayian **** YES they should be changed
and Pooper u voted Yes u noob =P

Crono
08-11-2006, 01:01 AM

It seems that Zone's average IQ not including me is about -2. That's saying something. :rolleyes:

SayianOozaru
08-11-2006, 01:10 AM
NA UH
If we inculded you it'd be -3 so we need you out :p
;)

Crono
08-11-2006, 01:37 AM
NA UH
If we inculded you it'd be -3 so we need you out :p
;)

Coming from someone who types like an idiot

i.e LOL MAN DATS HELLA ***
or I DUN WANT TO DOUGH

Also if you knew how to average **** you'd realize that not even Einstein could tip the scale over.

pooper200000
08-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Staff sorry go ahead delete my post later this is my best imitation at how i think sayain talks.

Wasup home fry? Get over here and itch mes butt. U afraid you chicken *crap? Oh well your MOM!

*i say crap because i do't want to say more offensive language. Oh and this is kinda aflame thread so delete me post and the thread PLZ!!

If you added my intelligience to that count it would be in the hunred thousands easily hundred thousand negatives though

invaderzim66889
08-11-2006, 03:14 AM
If you added my intelligience to that count it would be in the hunred thousands easily hundred thousand negatives though
Quoted for white text-ation.

pooper200000
08-11-2006, 03:14 AM
mauahahahha!

Dark_Kid
08-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Don't slow rippers down i use them for my lame shot xD

jkool666
08-11-2006, 06:12 AM
It's fine.

Event weapons aren't meant to be best, they are meant to be eye candy.
Their not fine, weapons are suppost to be even, not extremely overpowered... They need to be slowed down, to how they were on V2... That was fair... These are more lame then the handguns back when they first came out.

MisterMastermind
08-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Aprippers are overpowered.

bahamutstevetff
08-11-2006, 10:45 AM
i agree, i detest rippers, they are over powered fast, them damn circles are offputting, and they swhould be reduced, but enhanced pulsar is also patheticly lame.

pooper200000
08-11-2006, 02:10 PM
They need to slow down the freeze time on aprippers and enhanced pulsar. Aprippers 5 shots your dead enhanced pulsar 3 noobs team you and then if you even hit the end of a stream you can't move. x_x

jkool666
08-11-2006, 07:09 PM
5 shots your dead
On p2p-3,4 or 5.
On trial-2, 3 or 4.

invaderzim66889
08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
i agree, i detest rippers, they are over powered fast, them damn circles are offputting, and they swhould be reduced, but enhanced pulsar is also patheticly lame.

I agree. Why not just change the aprippers power to 16 each? Then they'd be more evened out. The fastest some one could kill woul be 4 shots. With that speed it'd be fair. I suppose.

alexrox222
08-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Well we could keep aprippers the same but up the bps :D

Crono
08-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Their not fine, weapons are suppost to be even, not extremely overpowered... They need to be slowed down, to how they were on V2... That was fair... These are more lame then the handguns back when they first came out.

Aprippers are NOT overpowered. No one has explained why they are yet.

dude2020
08-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Aprippers are NOT overpowered.the Freeze time+speed+Dmage add that all together and add it to Rippers and u got a better wep than Event Weps 1 2 3 4 w/e =/

jkool666
08-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Aprippers are NOT overpowered. No one has explained why they are yet.
Errm... Did you look at the first post by chance?

Now when you shoot them, you dont even stop (well you stop for like .1 sec) you just keep running x-x

Doing 40 dmg, and having them be that fast is a little unfair. Now there better than Event Items...

Crono
08-12-2006, 01:17 AM
the Freeze time+speed+Dmage add that all together and add it to Rippers and u got a better wep than Event Weps 1 2 3 4 w/e =/

EVENT WEAPONS, I ASSUME, WERE NEVER DESIGNED TO BE THE BEST

Errm... Did you look at the first post by chance?

It doesn't explain how Aprippers are overpowered. They may be strong and **** but remember that in Arctic, the prefered "official" map, the weapon is not available for fast classes. Light Infantry is quite slow relative to Commando.

SayianOozaru
08-12-2006, 01:19 AM
STOP YELLING AT ME!!!

:frown:

dude2020
08-12-2006, 01:19 AM
hes Yelling at Me For Saying Sum **** So Stop Yelling At Him Foe Yelling At Me

jkool666
08-12-2006, 01:20 AM
It doesn't explain how Aprippers are overpowered. They may be strong and **** but remember that in Arctic, the prefered "official" map, the weapon is not available for fast classes. Light Infantry is quite slow relative to Commando.
/Leaves Iricia, wow, this weapon is now overpowered!

Crono
08-12-2006, 01:50 AM
/Leaves Iricia, wow, this weapon is now overpowered!

Wrong. Let me get into specifics.

The Apripper has low angle variance. Thus making it easy to dodge. Not only that but if you have a weapon such as the appirce, you can use your spread to easily hit the other player.

When dual-equiped, it's not easy to land both bullets on the player. The bullets have a decent amount of distance between them and their lack of angle variance means its actually harded to deal 40 damage in one go.

Where the apripper does make up for is in it's range and quickness. However I find it easy to counter it with a rifle.

dude2020
08-12-2006, 02:00 AM
u know we right u just dont want it edited back :\

Draenin
08-12-2006, 02:03 AM
When you change the reloading / firing times on stuff, it screws up a lot of things. Only a few should really have their times changed. It would've been nicer to have heavy things sped up, like the gravitron and chaingun, simply because the walk speed is already slow on players, and heavyinfantry also gets gypped with slow firing times as well.

Crono
08-12-2006, 02:05 AM
u know we right u just dont want it edited back :\

:rolleyes:

And to Draenin, heavy infantry is meant to work in groups. I.E you're not gonna take down 1 storm rifler and 2 chainguners and once. If you do you have some elite dodging skills.

dude2020
08-12-2006, 02:14 AM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/185/lookslikejohnsmadbm7eb4.png (http://imageshack.us)me dont like Sayian's new sig =(

SayianOozaru
08-12-2006, 02:14 AM
If I have a chaingun, I can usually take out a whole base x_x

>:3

I got 600 kills with chaingun in a week...havent really picked it up since then :(

Dante55555
08-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Yes, i hate to admit it but the spit shine pimple head is right.. Appripers are way too fast..

SayianOozaru
08-12-2006, 02:27 AM
Lol >:(

I KNOW WHO UR TALKIN ABOUT >:(

Dante55555
08-12-2006, 02:28 AM
I was talking about John.. Why you ask? :P

Crono
08-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Appripers are way too fast..

Why? What's the problem? People keep saying 2 FAST but are not stating the problem that should come along with it.

Dante55555
08-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Why? What's the problem? People keep saying 2 FAST but are not stating the problem that should come along with it.

Kay Gerami mah friend, listen up.

I never really even noticed the change in appripers untill Sayian pointed it out to me, i just thought i sucked against appripers. I have lag basicly all day every day but that still doesnt mean i dont know how glitchy those things are. Up close (I dont know the techniquel range, in cm, or?..) Well.. about a cm and a half away from ur opponent, when u are shot at u sometimes instantly glitch and loose life. No bullets even apear they you just loose life. They actually cause alot of lag on my computer and hit me when they dont but that actually happens with every weapon coz my comp sux.
Nvm, basicly.. I think Aprippers are lame and refuse to use them but seems though they lame me so bad i want to be selfish and make them slower seems though im not going to use them back. Thats right, I SAID IT! :P. Basicly me, sayian and alot of other "newbcakes" are sick and tired of being lamed. Where just whining really lol..

SayianOozaru
08-12-2006, 02:42 AM
>_< Like I said in my first post, and like jkool666 told you;

When you fire them, you barely stop (you can keep walkin forward w/o freeze) there doing 20 dmg each, and there the fastest pistol (i think they may be the same speed as the dark pulsar)

Think of it like the LR Pulsar doing 20-40 dmg per bullet...Cause thats about the speed of Aprippers right now >_<

dude2020
08-12-2006, 02:43 AM
I was talking about John.. Why you ask? :P :\

Dante55555
08-12-2006, 02:44 AM
The thing is for me its, 1 slip up and ive lost 40hp.. They always take 40. Never 20 :(

Crono
08-12-2006, 02:52 AM
I never really even noticed the change in appripers untill Sayian pointed it out to me

Exactly so why complain?

Nvm, basicly.. I think Aprippers are lame and refuse to use them but seems though they lame me so bad i want to be selfish and make them slower seems though im not going to use them back. Thats right, I SAID IT! :P. Basicly me, sayian and alot of other "newbcakes" are sick and tired of being lamed. Where just whining really lol..

How can anyone claim aprippers are so cheap with appirces, as much as I love them, are even "lamer"?

When you fire them, you barely stop (you can keep walkin forward w/o freeze) there doing 20 dmg each, and there the fastest pistol (i think they may be the same speed as the dark pulsar)

KV9 are much faster. Wtf are you talking about?

Think of it like the LR Pulsar doing 20-40 dmg per bullet...Cause thats about the speed of Aprippers right now

Aprippers have much less rate of fire, so don't compare LR to rippers.

Arann
08-12-2006, 03:22 AM
Exactly so why complain?

How can anyone claim aprippers are so cheap with appirces, as much as I love them, are even "lamer"?

KV9 are much faster. Wtf are you talking about?

Aprippers have much less rate of fire, so don't compare LR to rippers.
Nice owning spree. And uhm, no they're not overpowered
And no, I do not play Zone, but still :]

Crono
08-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Nice owning spree. And uhm, no they're not overpowered
And no, I do not play Zone, but still :]

LOL TY LITEUL BROTHR

abc

Draenin
08-12-2006, 04:17 AM
Quickening the delay on a weapon is about as fair as removing a very slow reloading time.

Crono
08-12-2006, 04:18 AM
Quickening the delay on a weapon is about as fair as removing a very slow reloading time.

But it didn't really change much, the apripper has been like this for over a month or two now.

SayianOozaru
08-12-2006, 09:42 AM
it was changed by .5 secs worth of delay time x-x

and kv9s are much faster (sike) and they only do like 9 dmg per bullet, compared to the aprippers 20 dmg per bullet...are you even thinging when you post? :rolleyes:

Crono
08-12-2006, 05:55 PM
it was changed by .5 secs worth of delay time x-x

WHAT'S YOUR POINT? It's been like this for atleast a month.

and kv9s are much faster (sike) and they only do like 9 dmg per bullet, compared to the aprippers 20 dmg per bullet...are you even thinging when you post? :rolleyes:

Wtf? You were saying the aprippers were the fastest pistols and I proved you wrong. This has nothing to do with the damage. Do you even read what I quote before you post?

Also you are wrong again, kv9 does 14 per bullet.

MisterMastermind
08-12-2006, 10:08 PM
In the right hands those aprippers can kill you in 2-3 seconds flat. A loss 100hp in under 5 seconds, that's too much, especially if you're actually sparring, not just laming. Aside from that Ap-rippers are better for strafing than some rifles...

SayianOozaru
08-12-2006, 10:39 PM

And for about 1-2 months (however long its been) people have been complaining...I dont know if it was just in-game that they would complaing, or if they also complained about it on the Forums... x_x

Wtf? You were saying the aprippers were the fastest pistols and I proved you wrong. This has nothing to do with the damage. Do you even read what I quote before you post?

It does have to do with the damage...20 damage, and no (barely any) freeze time is way to much...Like jar said;
In the right hands those aprippers can kill you in 2-3 seconds flat

Also you are wrong again, kv9 does 14 per bullet.

Still, 14 damage is alot less than the aprippers 20 dmg x_x And I think the kv9 has more of a freeze time than the apripper x_x

Crono
08-12-2006, 10:41 PM
In the right hands those aprippers can kill you in 2-3 seconds flat. A loss 100hp in under 5 seconds, that's too much, especially if you're actually sparring, not just laming. Aside from that Ap-rippers are better for strafing than some rifles...

In the right hands a plasma sabre can kill you in 5 seconds. I don't see your point.

And for about 1-2 months (however long its been) people have been complaining...I dont know if it was just in-game that they would complaing, or if they also complained about it on the Forums...

I haven't heard anyone complaining about it and if I have then I've forgotten.

It does have to do with the damage...20 damage, and no (barely any) freeze time is way to much...Like jar said;

Your point in that one specific post was that it's the fastest pistol and I proved you wrong.

Still, 14 damage is alot less than the aprippers 20 dmg And I think the kv9 has more of a freeze time than the apripper

Not really. You're overexaggerating, aprippers aren't as AMAZINGLYFAST as you think. It's not like you can hold the fire button down and have it fire as fast as an SMG.

MisterMastermind
08-13-2006, 01:41 AM
In the right hands a plasma sabre can kill you in 5 seconds. I don't see your point.

Plasmasabre has a very small range, and VERY slow classes. Apripper has a range equal to the majority of weapons, one of the fastest class speed and no rank needed.

Crono
08-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Plasmasabre has a very small range, and VERY slow classes. Apripper has a range equal to the majority of weapons, one of the fastest class speed and no rank needed.

And little angle variance, meaning it's prone to being trapped by weapons like appirce, kv24, etc.

Huwajux
08-13-2006, 02:01 PM
And little angle variance, meaning it's prone to being trapped by weapons like appirce, kv24, etc.
Rub it in my face why don't you?

Crono
08-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Rub it in my face why don't you?

I sure hope you were kidding since I'm not even talking about our little spar. You own me with everything else anyway. :(

Zulu15
08-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Now it's 4.

Nobody did anything when we (a very small group of people) complained about Apps, so I'm hoping that karma exists, and that nobody does anything about Rippers. Also, don't bring up that "BS" about the reduction in damage of the Apps, even with the reduction, the weapon is too powerful, even against the new Rippers.

In all truthfulness, both weapons should be reduced in power, they're not doing what pistols are supposed to do, and unless you're a closed minded idiot who has 2573902789104 kills with Apps, you'd realize this.

If we make a gun that deals 1 damage, shoots 2 bullets vith a variance of 5, has a delay time of 0.01, has infinite bullets, no no limit on amo clip, costs no energy, and can be used by comando, would it be lame?

SayianOozaru
08-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Apprices do 9 dmg per bullet. Thats not even close to being the strongest. But there fast, so people use them. Aprippers do 20 dmg per bullet. They were slow, so it was fair, now there faster than Apprices, and they are probly the same speed as kv9. Zulu, before posting, you might want to get on the client and see what we are talking about. :rolleyes:

Huwajux
08-13-2006, 08:46 PM
they are probly the same speed as kv9. Zulu, before posting, you might want to get on the client and see what we are talking about. :rolleyes:
They are nowhere near as fast as the Kv9.

someonesomewhere
08-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Now it's 4.
5. :rolleyes:

Rippers are fine. Stop whining. If you can't kill someone who's using rippers with an event weapon, you probably shouldn't have an event weapon anyway.

They were slow, so it was fair, now there faster than Apprices, and they are probly the same speed as kv9

Kv9 is about twice as fast as rippers. Sorry.

Plasmasabre has a very small range, and VERY slow classes.
And one of those classes happens to have a crossbow. Seriously, think before saying something like that.

If we make a gun that deals 1 damage, shoots 2 bullets vith a variance of 5, has a delay time of 0.01, has infinite bullets, no no limit on amo clip, costs no energy, and can be used by comando, would it be lame?
No. Because it would be essentially a chaingun that does 13 less damage with a faster class.
A loss 100hp in under 5 seconds, that's too much, especially if you're actually sparring, not just laming.
Complain about red rifles then.

All in all, rippers are fine. Want to whine? Give good reasons and back them up.

pooper200000
08-14-2006, 01:54 AM
mesa agrees!

jkool666
08-14-2006, 02:27 AM
Racism was around for longer then a month before people complained about it? Should they have not changed that? Just because something is like something for a month, doesn't make it right... *Waits for* OMG THATS NOTHING TO DO WITH ZONE... ZOMG!!![/COLOR]

Apps
do 9 damage, while ApRipper does 20 damage. ApRipper is faster, more powerful, and found in the same class on 4 of 5 planets... Thus making it far stronger then Appirces, and would need to be changed sooner...

Rippers are fine. Stop whining. If you can't kill someone who's using rippers with an event weapon, you probably shouldn't have an event weapon anyway.
Why? There are no event weapons better then ApRippers.

Kv9 is about twice as fast as rippers. Sorry.
True, but NO WHERE near as powerful.

Complain about red rifles then.
Those are lame to actually...[COLOR=White]

MrsMastermind
08-14-2006, 04:49 PM
It gives the trials a little taste of Event Weapons, y'know?

MisterMastermind
08-14-2006, 07:34 PM
And one of those classes happens to have a crossbow. Seriously, think before saying something like that.Crossbow on a slow class sucks, think before posting. I'd easily strafe circles around you.
Complain about red rifles then.I have been for awhile, those are way too over powered.
All in all, rippers are fine. Want to whine? Give good reasons and back them up.No, all in all rippers are lame. I'd be happy if they majorly lowered the tps.

pooper200000
08-14-2006, 07:38 PM
I think they should slow down appripers and apprices to make typhoon happy!

Stone_Tower
08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Well, in my opoinion apprippers are not lame. They do deal high ammounts of damage and they shoot at fast speeds, but the range is so small, its easy to dodge. If you think they are lame, simply dont play on a map where scouts have appripers.

dude2020
08-14-2006, 09:40 PM
If you think they are lame, simply dont play on a map where scouts have appripers.which is all but 1 (or 2)

Stone_Tower
08-14-2006, 10:20 PM
which is all but 1 (or 2)

Koth and Irica, koth isnt so popular but Irica is the most popular. Just play Irica like most of the other people do.

Crono
08-15-2006, 01:29 AM
Racism was around for longer then a month before people complained about it?

And how is this relevent? Racism is regarded as negative, how is aprippers with 20 damage as negative as racism? You're comparing someone tripping their brother to hitler.

do 9 damage, while ApRipper does 20 damage. ApRipper is faster, more powerful, and found in the same class on 4 of 5 planets... Thus making it far stronger then Appirces, and would need to be changed sooner...

Way to ignore the fact that appirces fire 4 bullets at a time with very range of damage. Why to also ignore the fact that it's not only easier to hit someone with it assuming they stand still, but harder to dodge if you're the one trying to dodge it.

ApRippers may do 20 damage a bullet, but as I said the amount of variance in angle renders this useless unless you have great aim and nice positioning. ApRipper users are prone to being cornered easily. Also you can rifle your way out of it.

Why? There are no event weapons better then ApRippers.

SO?

Stone_Tower
08-15-2006, 01:34 AM
The morale is dodge the small spread of appripers and you'll be fine. Just because that class is fast, doesnt mean apprippers are good. They are a good pking weapon, but only if your fighting in a small area. If you fight in a large area like deathmatch for instence, well then appripers are preety useless.

Crono
08-15-2006, 01:37 AM
The morale is dodge the small spread of appripers and you'll be fine. Just because that class is fast, doesnt mean apprippers are good. They are a good pking weapon, but only if your fighting in a small area. If you fight in a large area like deathmatch for instence, well then appripers are preety useless.

Not quite, it has superior range to appirces and such.

Stone_Tower
08-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Not quite, it has superior range to appirces and such.

It has a smaller range though, the spread is drastically sad, therefor making it basically useless against weapons like appirces in Deathmatch.

Zulu15
08-15-2006, 02:37 AM
When wielding Apps you can easily keep shooting 1-3 cm's higher than your target and still hit, since the Rippers have such low variance, and only shoot two bullets, you can dodge it while still dealing damage to your opponent, unlike Apps, which you have to take a very lucky shot against without getting hit, due to the literal -wall- of bullets it shoots.

someonesomewhere
08-15-2006, 06:36 AM
lolol

Everytime I spar against someone who uses rippers, and I use BPs, I win. Just avoid the pathetic spread and shoot around the bullets. I'll admit, 20 damage is a little much, but still. The speed is ok, just learn to anticipate the spread and stay out of it. Not that hard.

(Also, a rifle is probably better suited to killing someone using rippers, because of superior speed)

Now, A full shot with appirces does 36 damage. A full shot with Aprippers does 40.

Let's do the math. On average, with rippers, it takes 3 fullshots for me to kill a trial outside of spar, because they heal that 1 hp before I get the second shot in unless I hit them twice in a row. It takes 5 for me to kill a p2p, same reasoning. On average, with apprices, I don't kill them in as few shots, but I take less damage because I have more angle variance, and, therefore, more chances to shoot (and hit).

If you fight a ranged battle with someone using rippers you will probably win, unless you suck at ranged fighting or your opponent is good. Close ranged, it's the opposite, because that's where superior fire speed comes into play. Rifle freeze people at close range, rippers just dominate.

K. It's my opinion, I think I have everything correct.

MisterMastermind
08-15-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm pretty sure rippers have the same spread as appirces, if not more. They deal more damage, and shoot twice as fast.

Stone_Tower
08-15-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty sure rippers have the same spread as appirces, if not more. They deal more damage, and shoot twice as fast.

Appripers: Shoots a total of 2 bullets.
Appirces: Shoots a total of 4 bulelts.

Am I correct?

Huwajux
08-15-2006, 01:13 PM

Am I correct?
Appirces Variance: 25 Degrees
Apripper Variance: 20 Degrees

SayianOozaru
08-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Appirces Damage: 9 per bullet
Apripper Damage: 20 per bullet

Huwajux
08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Appirces Damage: 9 per bullet
Apripper Damage: 20 per bullet
So appirces in total do 36.
And aprippers in total do 40.

Crono
08-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Appirces Variance: 25 Degrees
Apripper Variance: 20 Degrees

That variance doesn't do it justice. The actual bullet spread you SEE says much more. Aprippers almost go straight. Appirces create a shield of bullets.

jkool666
08-15-2006, 10:52 PM
And how is this relevent? Racism is regarded as negative, how is aprippers with 20 damage as negative as racism? You're comparing someone tripping their brother to hitler.
-_-... Hense my white text lol. All I'm saying, is that just because something isn't mentioned for a month, and is then brought up, still doesn't mean its right.

Way to ignore the fact that appirces fire 4 bullets at a time with very range of damage. Why to also ignore the fact that it's not only easier to hit someone with it assuming they stand still, but harder to dodge if you're the one trying to dodge it.
Now you see, I can aim better with ApRippers then I can Appirces. I think that the two close shots is much easier to use then Appirces 4 wide shots, as generally they go through people. But not everyone sees that the same way as I do. So from my perspective, thats another way that ApRippers are better. ApRippers a perfect 3 over Appirces. Better strength, accuracy, and speed.

SO?
You missed my point I think... He said you suck if you can't beat a ApRipper vs Event Weapon. So theres nothing wrong with losing to a ApRipper.

Crono
08-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Now you see, I can aim better with ApRippers then I can Appirces. I think that the two close shots is much easier to use then Appirces 4 wide shots, as generally they go through people. But not everyone sees that the same way as I do. So from my perspective, thats another way that ApRippers are better. ApRippers a perfect 3 over Appirces. Better strength, accuracy, and speed.

Try saying that in a far range battle...

jkool666
08-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Try saying that in a far range battle...
Ok...
In a long range battle I like ApRippers. I don't fight long range, ApRipper or Appirces can't reach to long, I get close...

someonesomewhere
08-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Ok...
In a long range battle I like ApRippers. I don't fight long range, ApRipper or Appirces can't reach to long, I get close...
For me, Close range= Rippers, Long range = appirces. Though I try not to use either very often. And yeah, I like to fight long range, not close range.

SayianOozaru
08-16-2006, 08:35 AM
My close range pwns you. Nobody ever fights me close up though :frown:

Stone_Tower
08-16-2006, 08:46 AM
All in all no weapon can be lame since it is open to everybody's use, am I correct? :D

Huwajux
08-16-2006, 01:47 PM
All in all no weapon can be lame since it is open to everybody's use, am I correct? :D
Don't bring that up again, please...

MisterMastermind
08-16-2006, 01:47 PM
No, aprippers are lame whenever anyone uses them.

Crono
08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
No, aprippers are lame whenever anyone uses them.

Same could be said about appirces. :rolleyes:

jkool666
08-16-2006, 04:25 PM
I said that exact same thing about a year ago...

ANY weapon can be lame... It depends on how its used and who uses it.

Stone_Tower
08-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I said that exact same thing about a year ago...

ANY weapon can be lame... It depends on how its used and who uses it.

Hey, everyone has their own oponions, but if you said the same thing a year ago why are you asking for appripers to be changed?

pooper200000
08-16-2006, 08:22 PM
poeple change opinions change stefans favorite vidoe game and type of piza changes. The world changes dude so obvioulsy they have risen to a point he thinks its a bigger deal and his opinion changed.

MisterMastermind
08-16-2006, 11:00 PM
If somebody with no skills at all uses appirces they suck, if the exact same person with no skill uses aprippers they could win.

jkool666
08-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Hey, everyone has their own oponions, but if you said the same thing a year ago why are you asking for appripers to be changed?
Pooper said this well, opinions change.

Stone_Tower
08-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Lets just get back to topic. The Majority says change apprippers, they might be changed if Stefan feels they need to be changed.

Crono
08-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah so with CTF released, aprippers need to be changed.

I said they didn't because scout was only available on GWARS and Spar. On Gwars they make no difference in the turns of battle because mechs walk all over them. In spars well, its a spar.

But apripper + ctf = doesn't work. Remove apripper from scout or weaken them. The delay isn't the problem here, it's the power + speed on a small map like CTF. How the hell are you gonna capture the flag when theres someone equally fast using an apripper?

dude2020
08-22-2006, 10:09 PM
How the hell are you gonna capture the flag when theres someone equally fast using an apripper?find a noobie Teammate and haev them shoot h Rippers person then the Rippers dude goes afer noobie=Score (unless u got like 5 ppls using it on ya)

Magadal
08-22-2006, 10:13 PM
@Crono -> pirces dont always create a shield of bullets. Only like 60 % of the time you use it.

Topic -> if you nerf rippers, nerf event weapons, too.

jkool666
08-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Topic -> if you nerf rippers, nerf event weapons, too.
No, thats like taking a bag of meow mix away from a kitty who just earned it. Not all kitties get meow mix, only the good ones. Meaning, not all kitties get meow mix, you can't take it away from the ones who earn it.

Crono
08-22-2006, 10:34 PM
find a noobie Teammate and haev them shoot h Rippers person then the Rippers dude goes afer noobie=Score (unless u got like 5 ppls using it on ya)

Zone players today are not the same as the ones that played the CTF from the ORIGINAL zone. Back then it was teamwork, today it's trying to spar in the middle and inviso-proxy mining the entire base.

Kills CTF.

someonesomewhere
08-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Aprippers fire too fast for close-quarters combat if you can't return fire. Crono ftw.

But on a side note, CTF is more popular than Iricia now. And also more fun. But less well designed. Fix. D:

Crono
08-23-2006, 01:30 AM
CTF is well designed and also one of the oldest maps. It was on the original Zone (Angel/Dell's).

jkool666
08-23-2006, 01:41 AM
CTF has a garbage design... 3/4 of the map you don't need to walk in at ALL. It needs to be smaller, and get rid of all the useless space.

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 02:03 AM
I sorta agree. It has way to many trees/deadends. The trees aren't that bothersome. NEither are the dead ends. I kinda that that it just needs like a fun little tweak like a 3rd team is adde when you havre more players like koth im not sure.

jkool666
08-23-2006, 02:10 AM
I kinda that that it just needs like a fun little tweak like a 3rd team is adde when you havre more players like koth im not sure.
Yeah, third team sounds good, I'm not sure how it would work, but sounds good. Put it somewhere where theres all that wasted open space.

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Upper right no ones there really!! Or they coud make a giant chicken leg at the top that the team can come out of and the chicken leg extends for like 5 screens? Yes I know thats not a good idea but they should make a world about food itd just be funnny! oh and howd we get to tlaking about this on an apripper thread?

Crono
08-23-2006, 02:33 AM
CTF has a garbage design... 3/4 of the map you don't need to walk in at ALL. It needs to be smaller, and get rid of all the useless space.

CTF was the main map of old zone. So if you didn't want to play and hangout (like you elites used to do between base 3 and 4) you'd go up there rather than being in the way. It makes sense.

Do you even know the routes? Half of the map is definitely used.

someonesomewhere
08-23-2006, 02:54 AM
CTF was the main map of old zone. So if you didn't want to play and hangout (like you elites used to do between base 3 and 4) you'd go up there rather than being in the way. It makes sense.

Do you even know the routes? Half of the map is definitely used.
I use most of the map all the time. Especially when I play as the red team, darkclaw union, because there's so many back ways you can take without getting attacked or seen

but they could get rid of some of the trees. Trees=Lots=Lag

Crono
08-23-2006, 03:21 AM
Agreed. Trees don't "lag" but rather freeze Graal for some time.

pooper200000
08-23-2006, 03:24 AM
I freeze a lot there

someonesomewhere
08-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Agreed. Trees don't "lag" but rather freeze Graal for some time.
well, right, but they cause levels to take a helluva time to load when going in between them on gmap.

SayianOozaru
08-23-2006, 07:50 AM
the threads about aprippers speed. close the thread, the people are way off topic.

someonesomewhere
08-24-2006, 12:37 AM
the threads about aprippers speed. close the thread, the people are way off topic.
Wrong. He wants rippers changed now because of CTF's level design. =On topic.

SayianOozaru
08-24-2006, 07:09 AM
...i started the thread. it was started long before ctf was realeased -_- dont try to get all *****y with me fool. learn what your talkin about damn...im gettin tired of all you fools...this is why im only on games for like 10 minutes...cause ya'll piss me off...get outside damn...go meet some people...ya'll just ***** all the time...your last post was about how the map takes a hella long time to load. that has nothin to do with the thread I started so the thread should be closed. you dont like it? o well. get over it. its a game.

Crono
08-24-2006, 01:07 PM
you dont like it? o well. get over it. its a game.

yucryinsoez den???

MisterMastermind
08-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Aprippers are lame, that's the topic. Not how CTF freezes graal clients.

someonesomewhere
08-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Guess it's gone off topic. Though if vulcan saw a reason to close it he would've done so by now

Torankusu
08-24-2006, 10:27 PM
leave it alone. leave it the same.
quit complaining before you make things worse for yourselves.

Crono
08-24-2006, 10:36 PM
leave it alone. leave it the same.

They're complaining about the CHANGE. It was CHANGED a month ago.

I know what they're talking about but Aprippers aren't that big of a pain. You just get used to the other guy's style and strafe him to death. :)

Torankusu
08-24-2006, 10:44 PM
They're complaining about the CHANGE. It was CHANGED a month ago.

I know what they're talking about but Aprippers aren't that big of a pain. You just get used to the other guy's style and strafe him to death. :)
yeah, i know, but still: leave it alone.

it was changed, obviously, for some reason unknown to most. don't worry about it. you are going to take a decent gun, dumb it back down, and then it will become as useless as most of the other pistols.

MisterMastermind
08-24-2006, 10:49 PM
yeah, i know, but still: leave it alone.

it was changed, obviously, for some reason unknown to most. don't worry about it. you are going to take a decent gun, dumb it back down, and then it will become as useless as most of the other pistols.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Before they got speeded up they were still a good match against appirces. Now they're overpowered.

Crono
08-24-2006, 11:14 PM
it was changed, obviously, for some reason unknown to most. don't worry about it.

...things aren't taken care of in a professional manner on this server. It's more of a plug in numbers hope it fits kind of thing.

you are going to take a decent gun, dumb it back down, and then it will become as useless as most of the other pistols.

I'm against this except for in CTF, where it is overpowered.

someonesomewhere
08-25-2006, 01:59 AM
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Before they got speeded up they were still a good match against appirces. Now they're overpowered.
Weren't you the one who wanted them speeded up? Because of something about V4?

@Torankusu
Actually, they were sped up for a reason known to everyone who looked at the thread asking for it.

MisterMastermind
08-25-2006, 02:19 AM
Weren't you the one who wanted them speeded up? Because of something about V4?

@Torankusu
Actually, they were sped up for a reason known to everyone who looked at the thread asking for it.
No, I wanted the scripts to be handled differently, not the rate of fire increased.

pooper200000
08-25-2006, 03:03 AM
No, I wanted the scripts to be handled differently, not the rate of fire increased.
Scripts to be handled differently did i miss omething what was wrong with them?

MisterMastermind
09-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Revived.

SayianOozaru
09-05-2006, 06:58 AM
you are going to take a decent gun, dumb it back down, and then it will become as useless as most of the other pistols.

I'm guessing you never played Zone, or just started. I know I've seen your name come up a few times under my kills though recently, so you must be new. You never played while Aprippers had there old speed, so you have no reason to make a comment like you did. Aprippers were plenty good while there speed was .5 lower than it is now. Infact Aprippers were one of the most commonly used pistols (Apprices, and Aprippers) and I believe they still are. But none the less, Aprippers are still way to fast. Aprippers were a very good match against Apprices. Most of the time Aprippers won, against me anyway, if the person I was fighting new how to fight. Aprippers were doing 20 damage a bullet, and shooting 2 bullets while still having a decent speed. There were a little slower than Apprices, but that was fair considering they had more damage. They used to be balanced. Now that they do 20 damage, and are faster than every other pistol, there to unbalanced. There now faster than Blue Pistols, and do the same amount of damage. Aprippers are not a fair weapon any more.

I dont think Stefan, or Vulcan has taken time out to read this thread yet, so I doubt anything will really happen. Even though the .5 speed increase is a little much. But they need to see this, and hear why we want the change in the Aprippers, to be changed back to what it used to be. Or atleast have the Aprippers do 5 less damage or so. Anyway I don't really care to much now, considering I'm barely ever on, and rarely get the chance to post anymore. I'm only on the forums when I'm staying the night at my house, and I only play when I'm home during the day. So if the change doesn't happen, I don't really care. (I'm not saying that the Aprippers shouldn't be changed though.) I just thought I'd try to help you guys out, by giving reasons on why the Aprippers need to be changed back to what they used to be. So I don't really care what happens anymore.

Read bold by its self, if you got confused. ;)

Crono
09-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Appirce and Aprippers have the same problems. Any noob can log on and use them and easily kill good players. In my opinion since aprippers were buffed shouldnt we put appirces back to their old damage?

MisterMastermind
09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Appirce and Aprippers have the same problems. Any noob can log on and use them and easily kill good players. In my opinion since aprippers were buffed shouldnt we put appirces back to their old damage?
Damn right, 12 damage per bullet.

Crono
09-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Damn right, 12 damage per bullet.

Or they can account lock KV9 to Gerami so I can be #1 and stay that way. :D

SayianOozaru
09-06-2006, 06:55 AM
i dont remember apprices doing 12 damage per bullet...and i've played longer than jar :confused:

...musta been during the 3 months i quit for gk...and jar got so good...SOMEHOW...jar used to get pwnt so easy lol...that plasma sabre newb...of course i cant talk, since i used the muramasa lol...AND IM STILL ON THE CHARTS lol...

Huwajux
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
since i used the muramasa lol...AND IM STILL ON THE CHARTS lol...
You made me laugh when you used that. :P

SayianOozaru
09-06-2006, 10:25 PM
<3 lol...do you remember me n my muramasa?! :D

i think thats when you first seen me :x

lol ^^ i miss thoughs days :frown:

dude2020
09-06-2006, 10:26 PM
<3 lol...do you remember me n my muramasa?! :D

i think thats when you first seen me :x

lol ^^ i miss thoughs days :frown:u got the skill way back then now =D

SayianOozaru
09-07-2006, 06:01 AM
? lol...i'm still pretty good with apps...but people that used to never hit me, get me to like 65hp...but i still dont lose to much...so i guess i still have some skill left :D

really though...me+muramasa(used to)=your death ;)

i used to be #2 with it back in the day...lol...like march 2005 lol

Huwajux
09-07-2006, 07:23 PM
really though...me+muramasa(used to)=your death ;)
Go back to using it. You were quite good.