PDA

View Full Version : Lamers, Ye be warned...

jake13jake
08-08-2006, 04:34 AM
I have made a way to track people laming kills. This is your warning, don't even try. The GPs have caught a lot of people with this new system already. As a result, Bloodfeud's #1 PK rank for July is being stripped and returned to Silvercrank. I will -not- be giving details of how the system works (complex pattern recognition).

Andy0687
08-08-2006, 06:08 AM
not sure whats wrong with laming kills entirely, i mean, you cant even get a kill off a trial, but they can wear you down for another p2p to kill you?

-Ching
08-08-2006, 11:12 AM
not sure whats wrong with laming kills entirely, i mean, you cant even get a kill off a trial, but they can wear you down for another p2p to kill you?

You're complaining, yet you dont even play Classic??

I have made a way to track people laming kills. This is your warning, don't even try. The GPs have caught a lot of people with this new system already. As a result, Bloodfeud's #1 PK rank for July is being stripped and returned to Silvercrank. I will -not- be giving details of how the system works (complex pattern recognition).

That's whats wrong with laming kills (Not sure how he did it myself, but i'm sure Massokre doesnt just mean killing low HPers), Classic has a monthly rank system for the best PKer, and if people are laming kills (CHEATING) it ruins the rank system for everyone.

Mighty
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
sokre is clever

Andy0687
08-27-2006, 06:26 AM
You're complaining, yet you dont even play Classic??

Ok I didnt really want to waste one of my valuable posts on this before now. There is nothing else of interest to reply to today though.

I was not complaining!

I was simply asking a question. The way the system works could it detect if you and another guy just pk one another relentlessly?

Just because you dont see me also dosent mean I never play classic, dont just assume things because you can.

Darlene159
08-27-2006, 01:48 PM
I have made a way to track people laming kills. This is your warning, don't even try. The GPs have caught a lot of people with this new system already. As a result, Bloodfeud's #1 PK rank for July is being stripped and returned to Silvercrank. I will -not- be giving details of how the system works (complex pattern recognition).Not sure what is considered laming these days, but the lamest thing to me is watching someone with a much higher kill count over death count, and seeing that the way he does it is when he gets low health, he runs away as to not get killed, and he looks for people with low health to begin with to pk.
Worse yet, now with the beer able to heal all hp levels, he merely is able to run away, heal, and continue pk'ing.
I have seen several people do this. *shrugs*

Crono
08-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Stupid to restrict laming. It's none of your business how people get kills. As long as it's not like, turning on godmode and hax0ring everyone's pants.

What's next? Pausing while fighting baddies is illegal? Can't gather baddies up in groups then kill em at once?

Spark910
08-27-2006, 02:50 PM
What's next? Pausing while fighting baddies is illegal? Can't gather baddies up in groups then kill em at once?
No you can't, and I'm stripping pluffys title as baddie basher 2005 for doing so :\

pooper200000
08-27-2006, 02:57 PM
No you can't, and I'm stripping pluffys title as baddie basher 2005 for doing so :\
EVIL! PLUFFY IS THE BEST! who cares if you lame? its not that big a deal

Crono
08-27-2006, 03:01 PM

o**** :frown:

Polo
08-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Well often people are making a trial account and then going somewhere discrete and killing it over and over again. I dont really think its fair if people doing that are getting awarded prizes for 'good' pk-ing, because I think we can all agree it's cheating. ^^

Crono
08-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Well often people are making a trial account and then going somewhere discrete and killing it over and over again. I dont really think its fair if people doing that are getting awarded prizes for 'good' pk-ing, because I think we can all agree it's cheating. ^^

Ok what if you're "laming" a p2p account of another person?

I still don't see why this is an illegal thing. Laming has been around on Graal for ages.

Darlene159
08-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Well often people are making a trial account and then going somewhere discrete and killing it over and over again. I dont really think its fair if people doing that are getting awarded prizes for 'good' pk-ing, because I think we can all agree it's cheating. ^^lol, it would be funny if you could make a script where if a p2p hit a trial account so many times within a certain amount of time, they started dieing themselves each time they hit the trial. Then the p2p would have to wait about a month or so until they could ever hit that trial again without dieing.

A) Either a trial account that has been lamed over and over could get revenge by attacking the p2p when he can no longer hit the trial without dieing for around a month.

-or-

B) Someone who is using their own trial to lame kills will have to wait a month or so to do it again.

There are probably all kinds of problems with this idea, but it would be funny to watch. ^^

-Ching
08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Ok what if you're "laming" a p2p account of another person?

I still don't see why this is an illegal thing. Laming has been around on Graal for ages.

Do you really need it explaining to you again? :frown:

Crono
08-27-2006, 10:06 PM
Do you really need it explaining to you again? :frown:

u kno me so wel :(

maximus_asinus
08-27-2006, 11:11 PM
The system doesn't work quite right anyway, I've seen it report people for laming and they were actually sparring or something. It does this a lot. Also I want to point out (everyone who uses RC on Classic will agree), that the fricking thing spams RC with its warnings. You'll see "account has been hit x amount of times without returning a hit" and then "account has been killed x amount of times without returning a kill" and it'll report about 6-7 accounts in a 5 minute span, so you can see how it gets annoying. I wish it'd just show up for GPs on RC or maybe even PM them through NPC server.

p2p_Sir_Link
08-28-2006, 06:24 PM
this makes no sense, seeing has Massokre encouraged me to lame a friend to get the black gelat and such.

Minoc
08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Kills have no meaning anyway thanks to the low-ap restrictions and PK zones . :\

Crono
08-28-2006, 07:19 PM
this makes no sense, seeing has Massokre encouraged me to lame a friend to get the black gelat and such.

How else do people do the quest? :whatever:

Cubes
10-02-2006, 06:49 PM
You don't even get kills from trials so why ***** about it?

WanDaMan
10-02-2006, 07:57 PM
You don't even get kills from trials so why ***** about it?

On classic you do - last time I checked we did anyway >_<

Cubes
10-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I thought you didn't gain deaths or kills from it. Or atleast thats how it was a month back.

Crono
10-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I thought you didn't gain deaths or kills from it. Or atleast thats how it was a month back.

now you do, which is good