PDA

View Full Version : Ogma, And his bracers.

SayianOozaru
08-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Why don't these bracers work yet? Its hard enough getting 300/150 grace points, to get them, then I find out they dont even work. :(

I think that they should be added.

Get to work "staff" ;)

calani
08-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Those haven't worked for years oO

SayianOozaru
08-07-2006, 11:43 AM
then all the better to put them in...theres not really a point in having them on Bjorns, and Stefans site if they dont work/exist

hampy
08-07-2006, 12:36 PM
spam stefans pm box :D

Draenin
08-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Even if they do get put in, the stats will have to be royally nerfed anyway.

SayianOozaru
08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Why so?

Yes, the stats are good, but you have to get 300/150 grace points to get them. Which, if you dont have friends with wisdom+ items isn't easy to get. Which means you have to work for it.

And last time I checked, Brigid's gloves were pretty good, and a lvl 30 phy with Brigids gloves can do alot of damage...or so I hear ;)

hampy
08-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Brigid have alot of disadvantages, this is why their relics are good

Draenin
08-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Every time this is brought up, people ignore the math behind it.

Ogma's Bracers ( str +2 armour +30 resist cold +20 dam +15 regeneration +1 weight 9kg)

Note that there is no + on these. Whenever you enchant them, the damage will go up too. About 12 points. So, once that's added, you're getting about 27 damage from the bracers alone. You also get damage bonuses from str, which would give you around +29 damage total. That's nearly 3 times as powerful as any weapon, unprepped. What's more, it gives you faster regeneration and cold resistance to boot. The item is hellaciously overpowered, and at the moment, is broken anyway.

Also, don't tell me that 300 / 150 grace is hard to get. I eat that for breakfast.

SayianOozaru
08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I said its hard to get if you dont have friends to let you borrow items, or if you havent played a long time, and have gotten items. You have played along time.

Also, who all prays to Ogma that can get 300/150? fr0? thats all I can think of. And it would be a nice gift to the players that do pray to Ogma, because right now;

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/66/ogmayc3.png

Those are our resistances. I dont think the stats on the Bracers are that bad, considering we only get + resistance to one resist. And thats posion. And our magic goes down to -25, and thats without even 1 Ring of War.

And Brigids only down shot is the "no weapons" rule. But Brigids for Preists and Mages and such, so weapons aren't needed.

Craigus
08-07-2006, 10:52 PM
If these bracers are released then ogma should give more -magic resistance, altho the -1 regen does not do anything for people with RoW's

The really funny thing is these bracers exist people have had them in the past (admins added them to thier friends accounts) the only thing that doesnt exist is the way to obtain them.

Draenin
08-07-2006, 11:31 PM
And Brigids only down shot is the "no weapons" rule.
- No Weapons
- The inability to cast wounding, leaving us with only Holy Word and Summon Avatar to level with.
- The inability to cast diseases.
- Grace Regen, which saps away our food even quicker than everyone else.
- The inability to use bows, because they count as melee weapons instead of missilie weapons like they should.
- Large weakness to wounding and diseases, not to mention fear. (Whenever it gets changed.)

You are overlooking very small details that make a big difference.
Those are our resistances. I dont think the stats on the Bracers are that bad, considering we only get + resistance to one resist. And thats posion. And our magic goes down to -25, and thats without even 1 Ring of War.
The resistances are fine, and so is the regeneration bonus. It's the strength and damage bonuses that are worth worrying about.
I said its hard to get if you dont have friends to let you borrow items, or if you havent played a long time, and have gotten items.No it isn't. It's laughably easy. Get this stuff, if you really need the wis:

- Shield of the Moon
- Dual Rings of Prelate
- Farmer Hat
- Mistletoe Amulet

And if you really need some extra points, slap some pow onto a weapon or buy some stuff that will boost your pow level. The items in that list are typically dirt-cheap, and will get you far when doing wisdom stuff.
Also, who all prays to Ogma that can get 300/150? fr0? thats all I can think of.Kyden? Steven? Anyone else who feels like switching to Ogma and has a wis level around 20, along with a few wis / pow boosting trinkets? :rolleyes:

lordbosh
08-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Here are my resistances, y cry?

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2374/boshinventory2cw8.png (http://imageshack.us)

Thats worshipping dianchet. I have 0 cold resistance, and the 100% fear would be sweet if staff actually had fear working in weapons, blind is only nice against like... Fr0. If you want to cry about resistances and all that crap go Bile.