PDA

View Full Version : "Stephen" "*stephen"

Zero Hour
07-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok, so I recently upgraded my "Stephen" account. Now I'm a bit confused. It says in my profile that the account name is "Stephen" with a captilal S - but when I set my nick to "Stephen" (with a capital S) I don't get the account verification asterick (*Stephen) - however, I do when my account is set with a lowercase S.

I thought I had created the account with a upper case S, and that was my intention. How can this be fixed?

Sam
07-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Ok, so I recently upgraded my "Stephen" account. Now I'm a bit confused. It says in my profile that the account name is "Stephen" with a captilal S - but when I set my nick to "Stephen" (with a capital S) I don't get the account verification asterick (*Stephen) - however, I do when my account is set with a lowercase S.

I thought I had created the account with a upper case S, and that was my intention. How can this be fixed?

Best is to make a support ticket to Ibonic or Lyndzey, one of them should be able to fix it.

hampy
07-30-2006, 09:06 PM
hmm, it doesnt have a capital when I look at your profile.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4943/stephenye7.th.png

Matt
07-31-2006, 05:24 AM
Yes, this (Capitalization changes) can definantly be modified.

Rapidwolve
07-31-2006, 07:18 AM
I have the same problem!!

Rapidwolve
07-31-2006, 08:48 PM
I just asked Lyndzey and she said that she doesn't know if she can do it, and that to check with Stefan or someone.

Ibonic
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
It is possible - but the account database would need to be modified manually, and that's not something we normally do. It used to be easier to just delete the account and recreate it with the preferred case via RC, but deletion of accounts is disabled now (for good reason)

Spark910
07-31-2006, 10:38 PM
I think I remember making the account for you, and accidentally using a lower case s :( - instead it should be made so both lower and upper case give the asterisk.

Zero Hour
07-31-2006, 10:54 PM
I think I remember making the account for you, and accidentally using a lower case s :( - instead it should be made so both lower and upper case give the asterisk.
...Yes, I recall pointing out, "No no! Not 'stephen', but 'Stephen'!"

:whatever:

Sam
07-31-2006, 11:11 PM
...Yes, I recall pointing out, "No no! Not 'stephen', but 'Stephen'!"

:whatever:

You deserves it to be a BIG Stephen! ^^

Zero Hour
08-02-2006, 08:38 PM
I've created a review of the administrative response to this issue, you can find it Here. (http://stephenarsenault.googlepages.com/complaint)

calani
08-02-2006, 11:06 PM
You deserves it to be a BIG Stephen!
Yes, he is just a little stephen right now. =( poor stephen.

In all seriousness, I read your complaint, and sadly I tend to agree with it.