PDA

View Full Version : The Big Weigh-In

Tyhm
07-17-2006, 10:20 AM
For some reason I get people asking me when ___ is coming back. Really, I dunno, I'm not in charge anymore. Some things I don't know if they're really that important. But the organization of ideas is still within my power, so:
Heras. Nobody wants 'em back. It meant 119 Hera quests instead of 17 Fullheart quests, but whatever.
The Zorbi Ring. I miss it, but it's a dangerous item to bring back. It means there's twice as much area in the game for the same playercount to spread out into. Makes a big empty server twice as big and just as empty.
Races. I liked the Zorbi Wand, but 5 different races needing 5 different quest-threads mean 5 times the work for the same ammount of play-time. If there's the Human Ninji-Sword Quest, the Zorbi Wand-Two Quest, the Spaceman Beam-Two Quest, the Baddies Red-Sword-Quest and the Vampire Bloody-Sword Quest, each player generally only uses one but the LAT has to make and maintain 5 - not terribly efficient. The alternative is just to have King Tristam say something very slightly different to each race, but you still have to work out what happens if Master Long gets hit by a Zorbi Bubble, and what happens if a vampire uses their dash attack in the maze of patience...
The Many Quest-Weapons. Hammer2, Shovel3, Mace, Conch Shell, Bruges Bird, Birdshot. Without the corresponding quests, they're just clutter. May as well wait until there are quests, then introduce them alongside. Maybe they could be sold in a shop in the meantime, but really, what are the priorities? Stuff or quests?
The many shop-weapons. Fishing pole, Fishbowl, (Fighting Fish), Bowling Ball. It's a distraction, but is it a worthwhile distraction? I know Bowling always did unnaturally well.
I had a really nice post a couple hours ago, but when I came back from previewing it it cleared my post. So this is all you get. Discuss if you like, but I imagine this thread's on a one-way trip to obscurity.

Terazel Tenjin
07-17-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm sure each of us have different things you've made for the server that we'd like to come back, but you make the valid points and I think LAT has its plate full at the moment.

If nothing else, the one thing I miss the most and think is most relevant is the voting poll (Avalon) for what should come next. Rather than having the LAT solely decide what people want next, the people would be able to voice their opinions/options on what THEY want to see as the next thing that comes out.

Personally, I think Nations/Factions holds a higher priority than Races at the moment, and some quest items should come back next. If I can ask for one thing to be back right now it'd the be Bird/Birdshot above all else, but that's just a personal want.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-17-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm sure each of us have different things you've made for the server that we'd like to come back, but you make the valid points and I think LAT has its plate full at the moment.

If nothing else, the one thing I miss the most and think is most relevant is the voting poll (Avalon) for what should come next. Rather than having the LAT solely decide what people want next, the people would be able to voice their opinions/options on what THEY want to see as the next thing that comes out.

Personally, I think Nations/Factions holds a higher priority than Races at the moment, and some quest items should come back next. If I can ask for one thing to be back right now it'd the be Bird/Birdshot above all else, but that's just a personal want.

I actually have very little to work so far. I'll ask Massokre if I can strip Avalon of most of it's NPCs and upload the insides.

jake13jake
07-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Well, I figure I'm going to be working mostly on the guild system since it has the most potential to draw in players (seeing as no other server even has a guild system). After the summer the number of players on Graal always drops, we're trying to stop the Classic community from dying. For this reason, certain refinements and bug fixes can wait.

I'm hoping to release more of the shop items as well, though fighting fish could take some time, especially since I don't have the original scripts for them (mostly thinking of what attracts them to lures? what makes them fight each other?).

Also, I'd rather have fighting fish monopolize what you can catch with the fishing rod. Sell 'em, cook 'em, eat 'em, fight 'em, buy 'em. yea.

Tyhm
07-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Tsk, no script? You had but to ask.

jake13jake
07-19-2006, 05:43 AM
Tsk, no script? You had but to ask.
Yea, but it hasn't been priority enough for me to remember it when you're online.

Divided
07-19-2006, 04:07 PM
What about the magic boomerang that was pretty cool xd

Tyhm
07-19-2006, 07:07 PM
On my shift the Magic Boomerang was caught in the Copyright Update and became the Bruges Bird (L1-3). Unless you meant specifically you wanted the boomerang back, which is a debatable issue - not everything I ever made is necessarily an improvement, and not everything should necessarily return.

Divided
07-19-2006, 10:31 PM
I liked the boomerangs and I liked the magic boomerang because you could hurt players with it instead of stunning them or so I think.