PDA

View Full Version : Stock System Help!

cbk1994
07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Guys, I really need some help. I made a stock system, with basic functions ... The problem is, it uses a GUI, and that's only clientside ... How can I tell the NPC that you chose the 'buy' option? I've tried several things, but I'm out of ideas. !pissed! Thanks for any help!

Chris

Bl0nkt
07-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Let's say you called the button 'buy'.

function buy.onAction() { ... }
That will trigger when you click that button. If your question is how to get it to the serverside, use a triggeraction.

triggeraction(x, y, "action", "param", "param", "etc");

Angel_Light
07-16-2006, 11:08 PM
or use a triggeraction to add the weapon

ForgottenLegacy
07-16-2006, 11:29 PM
new GuiButtonCtrl(MyGui_NameOfButton) {
}

MyGui_NameOfButton.onAction() {
}

That should do it. Look at what I did and you should be able to figure it out easily. Guis aren't hard at all.

ApothiX
07-17-2006, 01:15 AM
}

MyGui_NameOfButton.onAction() {
}

That should do it. Look at what I did and you should be able to figure it out easily. Guis aren't hard at all.
I'm pretty sure his problem is that he doesn't know how to communicate with the server.

My suggestion is to follow Bl0nkt's advice and use a triggerfunction, however instead of triggeraction, you should use triggerserver ( syntax: triggerserver("gui", <weaponname>, <actionname>, <param1>, <param2>, ...) )

cbk1994
07-17-2006, 02:48 AM
Hello guys. Thanks for all the help. I really didn't expect to get so much help on this. Anyway, how do I talk to the client? I could add something in -System such as

function onCreated() {
setTimer(0.05);
}
function onTimeOut() {
if (client.stocksys != NULL) {
//blah blah blah, showing GUI ...
client.stocksys = NULL;
}
//Other -System junk here
setTimer(0.05);
}
function button.onAction() {
//triggers here
}

and then from my NPC

function onActionClick(account) {
with(account) {
client.stocksys = {itemname, price, stock, weaponname};
}
}

and have it set it so it is NOT null so it knows to display the GUI from System, but is there a better way?

Thanks,
Chris

ZeekTheMan2
07-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Are you using a guiCTR or a custom image for it like

}

or a showimg script based on your mousex and mousey

KuJi
07-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Guys, I really need some help. I made a stock system, with basic functions ... The problem is, it uses a GUI, and that's only clientside ... How can I tell the NPC that you chose the 'buy' option? I've tried several things, but I'm out of ideas. !pissed! Thanks for any help!

Chris
http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Creation/Dev/GScript

^-- Good source of information

cbk1994
07-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Okay, thanks for all the help earlier, I managed to get it done.

Thanks guys.

Yen
07-19-2006, 07:46 PM
http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Creation/Dev/GScript

^-- Good source of information

If the wiki were really that helpful, why would we need these forums?
'Why don't you contribute to it, then?'
Because I'm lazy. And there are already enough half-wit scripters.

Personally, I just don't put GUI in local NPCs. I hate it.
If I need a GUI for something, I make a new system to handle whatever needs the GUI.
i.e. if I want a shopping GUI, I'll make a Shopping system to deal with it rather than having each shop NPC create a new GUI on it's own.

ApothiX
07-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Personally, I just don't put GUI in local NPCs. I hate it.
If I need a GUI for something, I make a new system to handle whatever needs the GUI.
i.e. if I want a shopping GUI, I'll make a Shopping system to deal with it rather than having each shop NPC create a new GUI on it's own.
That is good advice. NPCWs are called GuiScripts in the new engine for a reason.