PDA

View Full Version : Map generation problem...

Yen
07-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Zodiac's gmap consists of roughly 800 levels.
When I tried to generate a map with our tileset, after maybe the first 5 rows of levels, the colors seem to become inverted.

Anyone know how to deal with this?

Admins
07-13-2006, 11:14 AM
The size is not that big, the Graal Kingdoms main map is 1600 levels. Is it 40x20 or so?

Crono
07-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Maybe theres a script that messes up the tileset offline? I know when I generated a map on babylon half of it was pics1.png the other half was babylon's tileset.

Yen
07-13-2006, 06:39 PM
It's 29x28 (812) levels.
Maybe it has something to do with the tileset?

It's definately not a script changing it; it continues to use the same tileset, but the colors are inverted. When it finishes, the levels turn to a blob of 'static.'

Admins
07-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I could only imagine problems with 24 bit tilesets since v2/the editor didn't support those. Eventually it's a problem with the graphics card, has someone else tried to generate that map already?

Admins
07-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Ok checked it, there are two "setbackpal" calls in levels of the map. "setbackpal" is not supported in v4 anymore, but you can mess up the editor, since Zodiac is using custom tiles and when you do "setbackpal pics1.png" then it's messing up the colors. Once you remove those calls then it will work fine.
(I have generated a Zodiac map for the new serverlist and had the same problem)

Malinko
07-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Maybe theres a script that messes up the tileset offline? I know when I generated a map on babylon half of it was pics1.png the other half was babylon's tileset.
Interesting. When I generate it, it shows up in the new tileset.
Ok checked it, there are two "setbackpal" calls in levels of the map. "setbackpal" is not supported in v4 anymore, but you can mess up the editor, since Zodiac is using custom tiles and when you do "setbackpal pics1.png" then it's messing up the colors. Once you remove those calls then it will work fine.
(I have generated a Zodiac map for the new serverlist and had the same problem)
New serverlist?! Dun dun dun!