PDA

View Full Version : Lizardon Thread

freddyfox
03-28-2001, 12:02 AM
*ahem*
Allow me to give you the basic background information to the Lizardon race.

A long long time ago, the two types of Lizardons used to live together, Yelloweye and Redeye. However, the Redeye, being the nefarious Lizardons they are, got more complicated thoughts, thinking THEY should be the leaders of the lizardons. A horrific battle ensued, and the Lizardons both retreated to different parts of the world. The Redeye now have a paticularily large base, carved into the mountainside, while the Yelloweye have moved into the very back of the darkest forest in Graal.

Please post ideas/comments here.

Thank you for pointing that out, Tyhm

Tyhm
03-28-2001, 02:46 AM
My 2 cents: Lizardons are enhanced PKers. Always got the PK Tag on, everything about their system is refined for attack without defence. Maybe they have the L2 sword but no shield...speed boost, sure, but a Level 0 shield, can't block anything. ^_^

Psyker
03-28-2001, 09:37 AM
Maybe, lower the life the stronger the sword?

FatherDante
03-28-2001, 09:37 AM
Shield's almost worthless as it is. :\

Probably the best thing to give them is no AP penalties. That would be nifty! Then there could be some serious PKing going on!

Psyker
03-28-2001, 09:40 AM
Dante, that wouldn't be good... people like Welly would run out, get down to 0.5 and run into a bed or reconnect or somefin'.

Give 'em PK tags.

Lion'el-Jonson
03-28-2001, 10:12 AM
ya! Super 1337 pk race! W00t!

Tyhm
03-28-2001, 10:42 AM
Can't override PK Tags with NPC scripts. I've tried. It broke CTF a few times...

Lion'el-Jonson
03-28-2001, 10:49 AM
Good thing about lizardons is we dont have to make that many new sprites :D

Tyhm
03-28-2001, 10:54 AM
Just use GANI's sprite function on a baddy skin...

Nai
03-28-2001, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Just use GANI's sprite function on a baddy skin...

Yeah, that would be simple. Just, I don't know how to split up the body sections like, you know the human has rows in the body.png file but it goes downward in the GraalShop. Could someone tell me how to do that so I can do it with the Zorbis.

Pago
03-28-2001, 08:25 PM
Well, there's already transparency on the baddy image. So all you need to do is to find out the starting coordinate where you want to "cut out" the sprite from the image, then pick the height and width of the sprite.

freddyfox
03-28-2001, 11:00 PM
'Course, you'd have to edit the the baddy .gif and make their eye's yellow...
(Redeye and Yelloweye!)

Tyhm
03-29-2001, 12:17 AM
Well, right, naturally.
But the idea is that any legal baddy skin could then be a legal player skin, and vice versa...it would expand the capabilities of both considerably. You could be a Lizardon who looks like a Gray baddy, or a Dragon, or a RedEye, unless you lock out the defaults, and you could make baddys that look like players in theory.
ANd making baddy skins is easy...much easier than making Bomys. ^__^

grim_squeaker_x
03-29-2001, 02:55 AM
Well, right, naturally.
But the idea is that any legal baddy skin could then be a legal player skin, and vice versa...it would expand the capabilities of both considerably. You could be a Lizardon who looks like a Gray baddy, or a Dragon, or a RedEye, unless you lock out the defaults, and you could make baddys that look like players in theory.
ANd making baddy skins is easy...much easier than making Bomys. ^__^

Perhaps the Lizardon's should in that case be replaced with the baddie race?

Tyhm
03-29-2001, 03:34 AM
Naaaaah.

Lion'el-Jonson
03-29-2001, 11:09 AM
No, Baddys look dumb :P.
TGF/Vermain/Freddy can I help you with the Lizardons?

freddyfox
03-29-2001, 09:38 PM
Of course!

Lion'el-Jonson
03-29-2001, 11:46 PM
:D :D

Aidoggy
03-29-2001, 11:48 PM
Lotsa new races :D

omni-m00gle
04-08-2001, 03:03 PM
Maybe the Lizardons could have some skill that allows them to not be attacked by Baddies. Also maybe when theyre in a room with baddies the lizardon could make the baddies summon forth towards the player and attack 'em.. :D That would be nifty.

mystic_pheonix
04-12-2001, 10:13 PM
has anyone made ganis for them yet?

manton
04-13-2001, 03:38 AM
Ganis for a Baddie race.I made them in 5 minutes,so they arent that great.........The only ones are walking and idle,maybe ill make attacking later.....(by the way,I tested them using the zulite script,and they look ok in game)

Tyhm
04-14-2001, 04:53 AM
Here's my zip on the topic.
My ganis are basically the same as Manton's, but they use PARAM1 so you can set a different skin without using a whole new GANI. It's rilly rilly rough, but a start anyway.

manton
04-14-2001, 05:54 AM
I would have done something like that,But im Horrible with ganis,and I just learned how to make them

mystic_pheonix
04-14-2001, 06:46 AM
hrmmm. ganis not working...

Tyhm
04-23-2001, 09:18 AM
Here's a slightly less-rough version of what I had already. It can sort of swim now, and hit other baddies, and it's got a death animation though I broke the code for it. I'll fix it in a bit, but as you can see it's all sort of bland as it is. They should really have something to make them stand apart from the below-average player, right? I mean, they got worse speed, no arrow-blocking power, they should be much better at SOMEthing.

Maybe they attack for 2x swordpower? Maybe they have a special rush attack?
Oh wait, I think I scripted that....oh well. Maybe they rush for 2x damage? Didn't script that yet...^_^

Still to come: Shooting, failing to carry, and horses! (Horses?!?)

Nai
04-23-2001, 10:04 AM
Tyhm, those are awesome. I just tested those, and, wow. What do you make the sprite sheets from? Like the edits?

Tyhm
04-23-2001, 11:29 AM
baddygray.gif.
Used PaintShopPro to figure out the squares to cut out.
It's pretty spiffy, but yeah, needs a lot of work, and it definitely needs more of a gimmick...

Nai
04-23-2001, 08:41 PM
Well, in the beta version right now it is a-okay for its release for testing.

Tyhm
08-06-2001, 04:55 AM
Okay, wow, this thread really fell off the face of Graal...
I made a new version. It uses replaceani, which for some reason doesn't override the bow images, but it works fine for everything else. They can't carry stuff or ride horses, but there aren't any normal horses on G2K1 anyway and Bomys can't carry stuff either. It should be relatively lagless too, and it runs off pngs now. Uses attr5 instead of param1, so it should work with bows, but of course it doesn't. Thinking of maybe making it a Human Armor, and have the player's head visible instead of the Baddy's. Thoughts?

CyanideSR71
08-06-2001, 05:11 AM
(Drakken)
For some reason it won't work for me, and in the NPCs, you forgot to change the .gifs to .pngs

Tyhm
08-06-2001, 09:02 AM
1) You have to touch the sitting gold baddy
2)...D'oh, okay, I'll work on that.

Gonna make the different skins have different armor levels...thinking of naming it the Destructive InLand Armor Node, DILAN. To offset the BAES, see...nevermind.

Tyhm
08-06-2001, 10:29 AM
Now with armor.
Not for use on non-P2P servers, priority given to G2K1, yadda yadda, I shouldn't have to remind you.
It's not really that great anyway...but think I should make it Helmet Off...?

Poogle
08-07-2001, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox
*ahem*
Allow me to give you the basic background information to the Lizardon race.

Please post ideas/comments here.

Thank you for pointing that out, Tyhm POKEMON JR!!! =D

evilive
08-08-2001, 12:41 AM

Gonna make the different skins have different armor levels...thinking of naming it the Destructive InLand Armor Node, DILAN. To offset the BAES, see...nevermind.
Falloffacliff.

Any ways, this sounds like a really nice idea. All I propose on doing is trying to make this thing offical and appreoved by Stefan and the guy in charge of Player Races (ME!) Now if we can get this entier thing approved by Stefan, the stuff will be prolly be ready to release as soon as it's finished. :) I'll help where it's needed......... after i finish Zalactic Labs, NW, and TOT. But ah well.... mainly it's Zalactic Labs I need to finish before I do anything :)

Tyhm
08-08-2001, 07:52 AM
Alright, just lemme know what else needs to be done to it. I assume pretty much anyone can make a shop for it...

General
08-13-2001, 10:59 AM
hmm...being a baddy would be phun

NewWorld Staff
08-14-2001, 02:42 AM
Your knowledge of history is quite saddening. However, due to the lack of education in the present Graal these days it understandable.

The Culture and History of the Lizardons.
-----------------------------------------------------
While for the first part of this century, little was known of the Lizardon race, research into their ruins has obtained some basic knowledge of their origins.

The Lizardon has a brutal, tribalistic culture, based on war and battle. All of the creatures are raised from birth learning how to fight more effectively, beginning with claws and skin and moving onto weapontry such as swords and shields. At the age of twenty years, a Lizardon is given the test of blood, where he or she must venture out into the overworld and bring back the heart of a another creature.

In this test, the type of creature killed determines the rank the Lizardon will take in the society, the highest being a Griffon, which makes him a king, and the lowest a mouse, making them a peon. Once it is established, the only way to ascend is by defeating the superior in combat. However, often the combat is prevented to keep the order intact when threats from the outside appear.

The Lizardon society exists as a mostly cave dwelling species, except for those who go on raids to the overworld. They tend to shy away from the surface under standard settings and stay close to underground rivers. Despite the suggestions that they actually have a highly structured civilization, the ruins that they inhabit appear to have been created before they arrived. Most Lizardon Structures are built out of the bones of ancient creatures and the ruins are made of magmatic stones.

In one of the most unusual twists, the Lizardons are amazing in their ability to "tame" powerful beasts, and its a well known fact that the innermost sanctuaries of the Lizardons are protected by Dragons which they raised themselves. Smaller Dragons can sometimes be found providing support fire in small battles.

The Lizardon race was first found in the abandoned mines of Kaydn, but soon expanded to the north. However, their expansion cease for unknown reasons when they reached the mountains. When they began raiding the main areas of Graal, they were stopped by a new military force known as the Baddies, while the Lizardons were better trained and stronger, the Baddies were more numerous and were stupid enough to enter Lizardon Lairs. Thus the Lizardons retreated once they discovered there was little of value in the overworld.

Biologically, the Lizardons are more agile and strong than most Graalians from birth, and their weapon making techniques enhance these aspects.

There have been no divisions in the Lizardon forces, as any attempt to leave the Lizardon Leader would have been squashed immediately and brutally.

No, this is not just some NW thing, but I should know about the Lizardons if anyone. I have been there since they were created and then some.

-Ancient One
NewWorld Team Member

Tyhm
08-14-2001, 05:48 AM
Right, whatever, good for you, now if you could show us where exactly are any of these things are on any currently existing server it would be appreciated.

freddyfox
08-14-2001, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by NewWorld Staff
Your knowledge of history is quite saddening.

What the? I thought up the original Redeye/Yellow thing in 15 minutes!

grim_squeaker_x
08-14-2001, 04:07 PM

What the? I thought up the original Redeye/Yellow thing in 15 minutes! I wouldn't be surpirsed if that was the guy who originally made the lizardons and stuff.
:rolleyes:

feivel
08-15-2001, 08:35 PM
Ugh Ive suggested having wearable armor on the main forum board thingie but my idea was shot down by a whole nuch of shnitzels (um...er...) and um so I came here where hopefully I wont get flamed. My idea is for like hats, there should be wearable armor, but wit many different types with cool armor graphics, it can b worn and taken off and it goes over the body so the body shows through in places the armor doesnt cover :)
pls pls pls pls someone make this.
Also Lizardons shouldnt have a shield but their skin should automatically be resistant to arrows. Cus lizardon shield blocks arrows and stuff cus its covered in Lizardon hide so naturally their skin should block arrows. Maybe though it could be made so they block a certain amount of arrows before their skin gets worn down and they start to take damage. But their hide heals over time so you cant shoot them and wear down their skin, then an hour later come back ans shoot them and expect it to hurt them.

evilive
08-16-2001, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by feivel
Ugh Ive suggested having wearable armor on the main forum board thingie but my idea was shot down by a whole nuch of shnitzels (um...er...) and um so I came here where hopefully I wont get flamed. My idea is for like hats, there should be wearable armor, but wit many different types with cool armor graphics, it can b worn and taken off and it goes over the body so the body shows through in places the armor doesnt cover :)
pls pls pls pls someone make this.
Also Lizardons shouldnt have a shield but their skin should automatically be resistant to arrows. Cus lizardon shield blocks arrows and stuff cus its covered in Lizardon hide so naturally their skin should block arrows. Maybe though it could be made so they block a certain amount of arrows before their skin gets worn down and they start to take damage. But their hide heals over time so you cant shoot them and wear down their skin, then an hour later come back ans shoot them and expect it to hurt them.

Durrrrr.... One thing: Armor would be useless right now. We only have level one swords, you dolt.
Another would be: HAVE YOU EVER FOUGHT A LIZARDON!? I mean, arrows are a way to hurt them, and they are invurnable to bombs.

Also: The Lizardon shield. It's a shield covered in lizardon skin. since it's lighter than most shields, you go faster, and it protects just as well as a mirror shield.

HAPPY!?

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by NewWorld Staff
Your knowledge of history is quite saddening. However, due to the lack of education in the present Graal these days it understandable.

The Culture and History of the Lizardons.
-----------------------------------------------------
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
NewWorld Team Member

someone has no life.... I see how you made it on new world staff so easliy

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 02:49 AM
I'm gonna make some skins :D but shouldn't we also have spiders?

freddyfox
08-17-2001, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by LilbrojX

A) Stop being a little troll.

B) If he had no life, he'd be dead.

Thanks, come again.

Originally posted by evilive

Durrrrr.... One thing: Armor would be useless right now. We only have level one swords, you dolt.
Another would be: HAVE YOU EVER FOUGHT A LIZARDON!? I mean, arrows are a way to hurt them, and they are invurnable to bombs.

Also: The Lizardon shield. It's a shield covered in lizardon skin. since it's lighter than most shields, you go faster, and it protects just as well as a mirror shield.

HAPPY!?

Well, that would work. Arrows are usually the best way to hurt lizardons when I've fought them.

And the lizardon shield explanation is good.

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 04:29 AM

A) Stop being a little troll.

B) If he had no life, he'd be dead.

Thanks, come again.

Well, that would work. Arrows are usually the best way to hurt lizardons when I've fought them.

And the lizardon shield explanation is good.

stop being a lil troll? since when have I been a troll? your mean, I'm not gonna show you my lizard skin now :( it's really cool too, ask soul blade, it's awesome

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 04:34 AM
tyhn, I noticed that when I press S it locks up, is there a sound file or something you forgot to send?

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 04:52 AM
:osoo, I couldn't resist... have fun with my super lizardon mage thing public. feel free to post some kinda story line for wut this guy should be:D gimme your feed back too, I held back on detail to make it fit graal baddies a lil more.

kyle0654
08-17-2001, 07:57 AM

http://www.majj.f2s.com/intelligence.gif

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 08:01 AM
wow, 3 whole people downloaded my super duper lizardon person!

Tyhm
08-17-2001, 08:19 AM
Hoom, don't think so. Anyone else have that problem?

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 09:32 AM
Hoom, don't think so. Anyone else have that problem?

I dunno wuts up... hey, how do you like my lizardon?

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 12:09 PM
did I kill this thread? because I'm sorry if I did :(

LilbrojX
08-18-2001, 01:58 AM
:( hello? anyone? or did vermain turn you all against me? well, I"m not mad at vermain anymore:o

LilbrojX
08-18-2001, 02:04 AM
I'm gonna make a spider skin

freddyfox
08-18-2001, 05:08 AM
:( hello? anyone? or did vermain turn you all against me? well, I"m not mad at vermain anymore:o

No, I'm not mad at you. I'm glad to see some people would like to help contribute to this project.

LilbrojX
08-18-2001, 06:35 AM

No, I'm not mad at you. I'm glad to see some people would like to help contribute to this project.

how do you like my lizardon?

JeffTL
09-13-2001, 01:35 AM
The baddy changer works fine...though I have an idea. EACH ADDITIONAL HEART upgrades the skin...newbie=ninja skin. Add one heart, gray. Two, blue, three red, four gold. Five, a lizardon (described as "Lizardon-skin armor"). At six, perhaps have dragonscale armor. As for bow and fireball, create your own Baddybow and Baddyball NPCWs. Have them do the same thing but use showimg thus work with the baddy.

Jerom
09-13-2001, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by JeffTL
The baddy changer works fine...though I have an idea. EACH ADDITIONAL HEART upgrades the skin...newbie=ninja skin. Add one heart, gray. Two, blue, three red, four gold. Five, a lizardon (described as "Lizardon-skin armor"). At six, perhaps have dragonscale armor. As for bow and fireball, create your own Baddybow and Baddyball NPCWs. Have them do the same thing but use showimg thus work with the baddy.
Nice idea!
Although wouldn't you have to give the player atributes then for their different armor and items?
Better armor equals more weight and less mobility.

Certain bows would have different abilities.
Like the normal bow would have 3 different styles:
Normal Bow:shoots a normal arrow
Bomb Bow:has a bomb attatched to the arrow and explodes on contact
Stun bow:upon impact, stuns the target for a certain ammount of time, depending on a strength variable that is.

Tyhm
09-13-2001, 02:52 AM
That sounds pretty cool, but the general idea is that you start out with something weak...sure, maybe Level 0 is Ninja, that could work, or maybe you just start out as a human with no armor...then you have to BUY armor upgrades. Revalues the Gralat.

JeffTL
09-13-2001, 03:17 AM
Believe me Tyhm...it'd be easier and better (Gralats don't grow on trees...what do you think they are, paper money? :))as a while(maxpower=3){//ninja} sort of thing. That way, one disadvantage of being a Baddie is that newbies can't hide themselves, and oldbies can't easily look like newbie. With humans and bomys, you have to go through the ordeal of a rightclick profile screen, which often takes up time that COULD be used for owning the enemy. Just to check a maxpower. And ALL baddies should be slower than humans, yet faster than bomys...that way they have some way to make up for and balance the fact their sword is always drawn.

JeffTL
09-15-2001, 10:15 PM
A few changes made...here's my proposed Advancing Baddy system.

LilbrojX
09-26-2001, 11:34 AM
:o no one likes my baddy skin... ahh :(