PDA

View Full Version : Downloading and Disconnections

TalonShriner
07-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Recently I have been having some trouble with my graal client letting me download things like Developer Tools from the Updates tab. Whenever I try to download it, it disconnects me. Also, when I try to go to specific levels on some servers, it disconnects me and doesn't let me back on unless I reset or warp my character to another level through RC. I have been having these troubles ever since I got Graal. Please respond ASAP. Thanks.

Admins
07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
When exactly does it disconnect you, when you click on "download" or when it's done downloading the files ? Does it disconnect you and is going back to the starting screen or is Graal closing completely ?

TalonShriner
07-12-2006, 02:10 AM
It disconnects me after it starts downloading a few files. The loading bar goes up for a second then it disconnects me to the starting screen where i have to log in.

Admins
07-12-2006, 05:51 PM
And it only displays "Disconnected from the game server" or so? On which server do you have the problem of being frozen in a level ?

TalonShriner
07-13-2006, 03:21 AM
Thats right, it says Disconnected from the game server. It does that on a few servers. It doesnt even let me on Zone because it wont download all of the stuff, some places on my server Niromia disconnects me. Some places on Zodiac and Delteria. All of those places disconnect me. And for all of those places, its when i am on the GMaps when it disconnects me.

TalonShriner
07-13-2006, 05:27 PM
I think i found part of the problem on my server at least. This popped up in RC right after I got disconnected.

GraalScript: Function loadmap not found at line 2 in script of npcs[164] (in level niromia_13-ae.nw at pos (44, 52))

Do you think this has anything to do with it? If so, how can i fix this?

ApothiX
07-14-2006, 04:55 PM
loadmap is clientside, not serverside.

Skyld
07-14-2006, 05:23 PM
loadmap should not be used on a server, period. You should be using the gmaps= serveroption.

jake13jake
07-14-2006, 05:49 PM
I would guess it's related with your ISP. It seems like I get disconnected every 5 minutes with Comcast, esp. if there are multiple computers using the internet at the same time. I need to call them about that.