PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Graal and AIM triton

pooper200000
07-07-2006, 08:52 PM
I downloaded the new AIM triton yesterday and it made graal very laggy. I set it to 16 bit and it stayed the same. Does anyone have any ideas to fix it. I downloaded the classic one and it works fine but my sister wants to keep the triton. Does anyone know how to keep the triton yet not have the lag?

pooper200000
07-07-2006, 09:34 PM
thanks sam

Admins
07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
AIM Triton is known to be very slow, probably can't help a lot about that. Why not using Trillian or so?

pooper200000
07-07-2006, 09:41 PM
trillian???? whats that? and the triton is making graal slow. How could i fix that without deleting aim?

Admins
07-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Well Trillian is a multi-network client (not sure if its spelled correctly), you can contact people at AOL, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk etc. at the same time, and it's less heavy

pooper200000
07-08-2006, 12:19 AM
My sister won't change from aol but is there anything i could do to make the laggage from having aim less? Thanks for your help

Loriel
07-08-2006, 12:21 AM
My sister won't change from aol but is there anything i could do to make the laggage from having aim less? Thanks for your help

You could close Triton while running Graal, and use another client, yet allow your sister to use Triton whenever you do not play Graal.

ReBorn_Spirit
07-08-2006, 12:45 AM
I would suggest GAIM instead, it has more capabilities then trillian and runs fine with my graal client.

Here
http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

even got you a link to check out.

**Almost forgot, GAIM doesnt give you any funny pop-ups either.

pooper200000
07-08-2006, 02:12 AM
thanks a lot but my sister wil only use triton so i was wondering if there was any way to make it less laggy

Moondeath_2
07-08-2006, 02:12 AM
Trillian can at least do a type of direct connection and it's a better program then gaim, I dislike it for many reasons. How ever aim Triton is the newest version of aim and I think anyone who uses it shouldn't it wasn't coded very well either. Trillian owns! And so does the old aim!

pooper200000
07-08-2006, 02:45 AM
and it was laggy when i had triton up or not it was still laggy but when i deleted it everything was fine X_X

Loriel
07-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Then I suggest you uninstall your sister :mad:

pooper200000
07-08-2006, 03:46 PM
i wish maybe i should ask my parents for the off button.

KuJi
07-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I still believe in old aim.

http://oldversion.com/program.php?n=aim

ReBorn_Spirit
07-08-2006, 09:34 PM
GAIM direct connect and file transfere generally fails only when the other person isnt using GAIM or a standard AIM. You have only the people at AOL to blame for this, they keep playing with their protocol, its just not funny.

xXziroXx
07-08-2006, 09:41 PM
thanks a lot but my sister wil only use triton so i was wondering if there was any way to make it less laggy

Does it mather? AOL = AIM only. GAIM = AIM/YIM/MSN in one program.

ReBorn_Spirit
07-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Does it mather? AOL = AIM only. GAIM = AIM/YIM/MSN in one program.

GAIM has AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ, Napster, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Groupwise, Jabber, and SILC.

Novo
07-08-2006, 11:43 PM
http://www.trillian.cc/ -- As Stefan said... Use Trillian. It's better.

Loriel
07-09-2006, 09:26 AM
[...] -- As Stefan said... Use Trillian. It's better.
c) You are not permitted to make external links or URL's (whether they be clickable links, copy and paste, etc...), if they are not pointing to a Graal related site (wiki.graal.net , graal.net, graalonline.com or sites for Playerworlds).
Also gaim is way cooler because it is free software :mad:

Sam
07-09-2006, 10:41 AM
[...] -- As Stefan said... Use Trillian. It's better.
c) You are not permitted to make external links or URL's (whether they be clickable links, copy and paste, etc...), if they are not pointing to a Graal related site (wiki.graal.net , graal.net, graalonline.com or sites for Playerworlds).
Also gaim is way cooler because it is free software :mad:

You omitted a sentence:

c) You are not permitted to make external links or URL's (whether they be clickable links, copy and paste, etc...), if they are not pointing to a Graal related site (wiki.graal.net , graal.net, graalonline.com or sites for Playerworlds) . In some very rare cases, we may accept some links after being approved by a administrator or super moderator.

Novo
07-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Also gaim is way cooler because it is free software

Why not you tell that to the other people... Or, are you too bias to admit that a non-GAIM variant is available? Why not report the GAIM URL while you're at it? If you want to scrutenize me for what I do, do it to those whom you share better grounds of interest as well.

Loriel
07-09-2006, 06:23 PM
You omitted a sentence:
I did not see any moderatorial approvement okay

Sam
07-09-2006, 06:48 PM
I did not see any moderatorial approvement okay

We don't have a homologate stamp. ^^ Serious, be sure we check the forums and as you know we edit a post with improper content asap.
These links got an approval.

Moondeath_2
07-09-2006, 11:33 PM
I still believe in old aim.

http://oldversion.com/program.php?n=aim

Why that url haha it's on aim.com somewhere.

ApothiX
07-12-2006, 02:11 AM
We don't have a homologate stamp. ^^ Serious, be sure we check the forums and as you know we edit a post with improper content asap.
These links got an approval.
Ah, so you're saying people should just violate the rules and post links whenever they feel like it. If mods think it's okay they will leave it, else they will just delete it and nothing will be done to the poster? Good to know.

Malinko
07-12-2006, 05:07 AM
You can set Graal4.exe to PRIORITY REALTIME while on GraalOnline.

That's an option, I guess.

Skyld
07-12-2006, 10:18 AM

It's also a nice way to collapse Windows. :}

pooper200000
07-12-2006, 01:41 PM

Uh how do you do that. I have just been setting my color bit to 16 and deleting it every time i get on then reinstalling it after. I have gotten quite skilled at it. It still takes 15 minutes each time though. I didn't know you can collapse windows whats that mean?

Sam
07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Ah, so you're saying people should just violate the rules and post links whenever they feel like it.

Did I say that? I don't remember. Do you know anything about the PM's between Mods and users? I don't think so.

KuJi
07-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Why that url haha it's on aim.com somewhere.

Somewhere..

Malinko
07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
It's also a nice way to collapse Windows. :}
I don't own the computer, so who cares?

ReBorn_Spirit
07-14-2006, 08:58 PM
*To be technical the links I posted are only related to graal because the user that was posting this thread was complaining that "AIM.exe?" was not functioning properly with graal. Stefan posted links to trillian, but I would suggest GAIM for more features/account types as I know GAIM works with graal.

Admins
07-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Btw Wasn't me who was posting links

SayianOozaru
07-15-2006, 01:20 AM
and it was laggy when i had triton up or not it was still laggy but when i deleted it everything was fine X_X

i had the problem to...

you no that bar thing at the bottom of the screen? theres a little aim icon down there when you sign off, just right click that icon, and click "exit" and it should work fine...or at least it worked for me...unless thats whats causing all the lag i always get...

ApothiX
07-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Did I say that? I don't remember. Do you know anything about the PM's between Mods and users? I don't think so.
I very highly doubt that he took the time to PM you to ask if he could post a link to trillian. Why don't you stop lying and do some actual moderating, mk?

Novo
07-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I very highly doubt that he took the time to PM you to ask if he could post a link to trillian. Why don't you stop lying and do some actual moderating, mk?
Doubt implies there is a possibility. Therefore, it is a pre-emptive argument. Let the moderators moderate, and do your job as best as you can by following the regulations. If the moderators had disapproved the link, it would be removed.

Sam
07-15-2006, 12:44 PM
dont see any new posts to the topic so it can be closed. If there is a need to discuss the topic again ask a mod to reopen it.
ApothiX you'll get my reply in a forum PM :)