PDA

View Full Version : playerlook = true;

Angel_Light
07-01-2006, 03:15 AM
Hi all

okay, i'm messing with the P.E. (Particle Engine) and I came across a action I cant seem to figure out. I looked it up in the wiki and It shed some light but I cant get it to work. It's the 'playerlooks' action and could someone explain it to me thoroughly when the boolean is true or false? Please? :\

Thanks,
Mr. Omega

Novo
07-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Hi all

okay, i'm messing with the P.E. (Particle Engine) and I came across a action I cant seem to figure out. I looked it up in the wiki and It shed some light but I cant get it to work. It's the 'playerlooks' action and could someone explain it to me thoroughly when the boolean is true or false? Please? :\

Thanks,
Mr. Omega

The property 'playerlooks' is for TShowImg_Gani (http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Creation/Dev/Script/Client/TShowImg_Gani) .

When you have a player in a gani, you can set the properties of the TShowimg_Gani to the player looks, or... You can manually set it by having findimg( ganiIndex ).actor.headimg = "head0.png";

The property 'playerlooks' just makes all the properties that of player. ( the current player ) become those of the gani as well.

if ( playerlooks )
{
this.actor.headimg = player.headimg;
for ( i = 0; i < 30; i ++ )
this.actor.attr[ i ] = player.attr[ i ];
}

Pretty much.

Angel_Light
07-01-2006, 03:48 AM
ok, I think I get it. Thanks

EDIT: Maybe not. I have the script where the player chats a phrase. I can get the shadow to show but not the NPC head, body, attr, etc to show. Also in the wiki it says to use projectile.actor. :\

ApothiX
07-03-2006, 12:55 AM
You have to set the gani to idle or something, and then set playerlook. I don't think it automatically sets the gani for you.